Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Lens to use on AD Wedding

Default Re: What Lens to use on AD Wedding

Dear Pros!

Thank you for all your advise & comments... I will put it in mind!

I will try to post some of the wedding shots that i have shoot before for all your comments!

Jsirias

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Such questions are popping up too often recently.

What lens to use or what lens to buy will depend on you cos you have your own preference and style and everyone else has theirs.

If I tell you that a 70-200 is good, are you going to get one immediately? Do you know how to get the best out of the lens?
    I understand that everyone has their own style, and if this kind of question is popping out too offen recently my apologies, but i believe those people asking this kind of questions are just hoping to learn from the pros! everyone has to start from somewhere

If you tell me 70-200 is good? i will go get it immediately! maybe i will not be able to get the best out of the lens, but i am sure once the lens is in my hands i will work hard to get the best out of it!

Meanwhile Thank you very much for all your advise!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsirias View Post
    I understand that everyone has their own style, and if this kind of question is popping out too offen recently my apologies, but i believe those people asking this kind of questions are just hoping to learn from the pros! everyone has to start from somewhere

If you tell me 70-200 is good? i will go get it immediately! maybe i will not be able to get the best out of the lens, but i am sure once the lens is in my hands i will work hard to get the best out of it!

Meanwhile Thank you very much for all your advise!
    Actually, the 70-200 is indeed very good for weddings.
    Btw, do learn from the 'right' pros/ =) Lots and lots of pretenders nowadays.

Regards
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

I question the sensibility of buying a lens of such cost just to shoot one event, considering that you have not had experience with it before.

17-40mm or 17-50mm Tamrom would be more than good enough. Do bring along a flash unit as well.
    Last edited by Cartman2000; 24th June 2009 at 09:14 PM.

once again, i'd say shoot with what you have. its a great range. Doesnt require you to get in too close or stay too far and still allow you to get the shots you need. Why dun you take it as a challenge on yourself to shoot with what you have first? Cos if you cant get the shots you want with your gear now. What makes you think getting a 70-200 will help?

the only probable good advise from anyone here is to get a decent flash. And that alone is another entire level of play because to be able to use the flash and make it look as if no flash is applied.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12