Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me with the new Pentax pricelist!

Default Re: Help me with the new Pentax pricelist!

Quote Originally Posted by Limited View Post
    I call Manly for 50-135 today, and they qoute me 1.8K.
    Please lah, who seriously entertain phone queries on price... how does the person on the line know whether you are a genuine and interested buyer or just anyhow want to do price checking.. showing up and asking in person works for me...
    Anyway fengwei has already clued in on price here... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534782
    Last edited by creampuff; 29th June 2009 at 08:09 PM.

I call Manly for 50-135 today, and they qoute me 1.8K.
    Hmm... since otc and zoom3 both got quoted $1170, I'll put that down as the quote from Manly. Maybe you need to find Mr Quek like otc said to get a good quote? I know some other stores also got this kind of "issue"....

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Please lah, who seriously entertain phone queries on price... how does the person on the line know whether you are a genuine and interested buyer or just anyhow want to do price checking.. showing up and asking in person works for me...
    Anyway fengwei has already clued in on price here... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534782
    I call bcoz most shop dun have stock, I told them if they have I'll go down to get one after work...and was ask who give me that price.

I call bcoz most shop dun have stock, I told them if they have I'll go down to get one after work...and was ask who give me that price.
    Sorry to hear that... perhaps you should contact Emjay direct and tell them you want to get a copy.
    Like the K-7 pre-order where you get to choose which retailer to pick up the camera, I'm sure a similar arrangement can be worked out with regards to this lens.

Denis is right. Normally sales staff do not entertain telephone calls unless they know u.
    for 50-135 DFA I think there are 2 more available. Pl make a trip down and see. I am going down to collect my AF 200 fg flash for 159 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Hmm... since otc and zoom3 both got quoted $1170, I'll put that down as the quote from Manly. Maybe you need to find Mr Quek like otc said to get a good quote? I know some other stores also got this kind of "issue"....

Yes, 1170 I can confirm as quoted. Mr quek is quite resourceful compare to others. But it is good if you can make a trip down and identify urself from clubsnap pentax forum and very likely yoou will be taken of by Mr Quek.

otc

As I said in the new price list thread, if someone asks for higher prices than those on the list, just tell them the new prices here. If still can't get that price, just walk away and buy it from some other shop. Meantime please call Emjay up and tell them about this. I'm sure they are gonna talk to the shop again and see why this is happening

Good luck.

As I said in the new price list thread, if someone asks for higher prices than those on the list, just tell them the new prices here. If still can't get that price, just walk away and buy it from some other shop. Meantime please call Emjay up and tell them about this. I'm sure they are gonna talk to the shop again and see why this is happening

Good luck.

Gengh the "(inc GST)" "(w/o GST)" "(GST?)" on the pricelist seems unsightly to me.
    I suggest assuming a price includes GST, and add a + if need to add GST, and a +? if not sure, e.g.

K20D MSC $1250
    K20D CP-S $1180+
    K200D OP $780+?

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    Gengh the "(inc GST)" "(w/o GST)" "(GST?)" on the pricelist seems unsightly to me.
    I suggest assuming a price includes GST, and add a + if need to add GST, and a +? if not sure, e.g.

K20D MSC $1250
    K20D CP-S $1180+
    K200D OP $780+?
    Is that a standard convention? Like how restaurants quote their set meals as $28++ per person? I think using a + to indicate that you need to add GST is good, but I think +? is just cryptic.... Is there a better symbol for "unknown tax status"?

No standard convention that I know of. Maybe just a ? instead of +? will do, then clarify what they mean on top or below.

Actually all local prices should be GST inclusive.

Actually all local prices should be GST inclusive.
    Yah... but we know that some merchants still ignore this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    No standard convention that I know of. Maybe just a ? instead of +? will do, then clarify what they mean on top or below.
    That may seem a bit weird, as if the price is uncertain.

Maybe I can leave the GST indicators out if the GST status is known, that should clean up the look a bit. Let me think about this one a bit more...

Why don't you ask providers of information to include GST and ignore those who don't?

Or you can just calculate in the GST yourself... x1.07 shouldn't be too hard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123