Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy travel guides

Default Re: Where to buy travel guides

Thanks for the info guys! joanne, I'm going to Indonesia and East Malaysia. Just ordered my Lonely Planets from GuideGecko too, much cheaper than in Kino and Borders.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusc48 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! joanne, I'm going to Indonesia and East Malaysia. Just ordered my Lonely Planets from GuideGecko too, much cheaper than in Kino and Borders.
    For those who not familiar, lonely planet online pdf download version, can pick only several chapter, fast, convenience, and easy.

I wouldn't buy a travel guide because when are you going to use it again? Doesn't make sense. Get a Lonely Planet Guide at your local library. That's your best option.
    ThePortfolioPro.org

Quote Originally Posted by ThePortfolioPro View Post
    I wouldn't buy a travel guide because when are you going to use it again? Doesn't make sense. Get a Lonely Planet Guide at your local library. That's your best option.
    Well, you may re-visit the place again, you won't know. Moreover, some place worth re-visit in different season.

Also, local library do not have full collection of lonely planet, at least for SG
    Last edited by Shen siung; 8th July 2009 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    Well, you may re-visit the place again, you won't know. Moreover, some place worth re-visit in different season.
    Yeah I agree, like cowmera said, a guide can make a good souvenir. And travel guides in the library may not be so updated and the popular ones will be borrowed out quickly.

I'm for the library! And nowadays, they have really good updated ones!

But if you want to buy, yeah, plenty online, and even kino, borders etc, have 20% discount pretty often!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12