Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Lest we Forget

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Lest we Forget



    Just returned from Kota Kinabalu, was at the War Memorial and took a few pics..

    decided to make a dedication to the soldiers who defended the land, out of 3000, 6 survived..

    RIP..
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    Very good attempt, the concept/ idea is there, but the message within the photo is not strong so far so that the viewer doesn't feel / get the impact.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    hahah wah so great editing! hahah i feel wad u feel man haha
    |Nikon D60|Nikon D80|18-55mm|
    www.flickr.com/photos/vorcephotography

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    Thanks for the comments..

    always trying something new though..
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    try gaussian blurring the pic of the flag you've taken about 10% then impose the 2 person's pic in with slightly less transparency.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    The theme of this post share similarity with that at the Critique Corner...Memories on a knife edge. Both are memory of WW II, one in Europe and one in Asia/S E Asia. One in still life setting and this in photo-collage treatment. As it is historical event, any elements that piece in wrongly will usually get a serious comment.

    As for this picture, more images could be added, like POWs and/or scene of dead soldiers lying around in battle field, currently, the backgrd tree is too strong and the position of the helmet isn't too pleasing ( photographically speaking ). Can refers to some war movie or historical documentary for idea,before working on the picture.

    Photo-collages, one of the demanding type of presentation, it is actually many pictures put together and blend to a perfect result....one word sum it all...Tedious.

    Was there any plaque with names of those soldiers ? It will be great to superimpose. In memories of the England and Australian soldiers.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 23rd June 2009 at 04:40 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    Quote Originally Posted by an an View Post
    hahah wah so great editing! hahah i feel wad u feel man haha
    Haha means very funny or your signature lingo ?
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 23rd June 2009 at 04:18 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    Not again. I am interested in all dead ones. Maybe you can start by telling us what camerla equipment you used? This abstract and syill life. You think your photoss qualified for this section?
    Last edited by liarliar; 23rd June 2009 at 03:12 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    Not again. I am interested in all dead ones. Maybe you can start by telling us what camerla equipment you used? This abstract and syill life. You think your photoss qualified for this section?
    Sorry SIR, I think you are confused, ClubSnap welcomes photo submission from all members, there are no standard set nor minimum qualification required nor what type of equipment used. ( Hope I get it all right. )
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 23rd June 2009 at 04:55 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    so far, thanks for the comments cabbySHE, they're well noted.

    Just for info, I was using a point and shoot, U1030, olympus. Whether its qualified or not, I leave it to the viewers.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Sorry SIR, I think you are confused, ClubSnap welcomes photo submission from all members, there are no standard set nor minimum qualification required nor what type of equipment used. ( Hope I get it all right. )
    Huh, i just asked what equipment the poster used that's all.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    so far, thanks for the comments cabbySHE, they're well noted.

    Just for info, I was using a point and shoot, U1030, olympus. Whether its qualified or not, I leave it to the viewers.

    Hi,
    Hmm, even with film or dslr and take the same picture will not make a difference.
    Last edited by liarliar; 23rd June 2009 at 12:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    im confused to what this is actually.

    Is it a photo of a picture or did you composite two images by blending the soldiers behind?
    If its the latter , then there's potential. I think you have to add more character to this piece.The bottom quarter especially is just non-impactful, the leaves and all just distracts the whole mood you're going for.

    I would suggest more textures overlay and some burn and colour adjustments just to set the tone right.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    There are people who may not know all the battles in WW2. In every battle of the war there are different stages taking plece at different locations. So this memorial commemorates all those who died in ww2, specifically the struggles against the Japanese Imperial Army? Or the 6 out of 3000 who survived was part of one section of defenders?

    Looking at the photos its very difficlut for me to visualize what that battle/s in ww2 was about.

    In a movie or documentary you have minutes or a couple of hours to put your point through. In a photo you only have one plane to bring the message across.

    Photos on wars are based on facts. If it can't tell anything its just another snap shot or blend of a series of snap shots.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Lest we Forget

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    im confused to what this is actually.

    Is it a photo of a picture or did you composite two images by blending the soldiers behind?
    If its the latter , then there's potential. I think you have to add more character to this piece.The bottom quarter especially is just non-impactful, the leaves and all just distracts the whole mood you're going for.

    I would suggest more textures overlay and some burn and colour adjustments just to set the tone right.
    its 2 snap images blended, and was tring out PS. Thanks for the comment and tips.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •