Thread: Absolutely STILL !!!!!!

Default Absolutely STILL !!!!!!

Removed!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by prakasom; 3rd July 2009 at 12:33 AM.
    Life is cool :)

Default Re: Absolutely STILL !!!!!!

It's frozen...freezed and solidify. Result of hi-speed..not from the shutter but the speed of flash.

sorry couldn't get ur point .what do u mean not result of shutter but flash.

I tried to keep shutter speed at 1/2000 to freeze.. No flash was used as it was taken around 1PM aftrenoon in bright sun.
    Life is cool :)

My apology, thought its the work of an electronic flash.
    I'd tried using electronic flash/ strobe with camera shutter set at "B" locked, on tripod and burst a balloon filled with water and get similar result. Should try.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    It's frozen...freezed and solidify. Result of hi-speed..not from the shutter but the speed of flash.
    well, u'll still need fast shutter, else 1/60 with flash only results in blur or whiteout.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

If I remember correctly, there was a flash manufacture by Sunpak ( around the 80s )which allow user to dial in the flash frequency, something like 64,000 of a sec max. But bcoz of the extremem fast frequency and it is a portable unit, it s usage only limited to close up photography e.g the flipping wings of the humming bird or bee. ( Not sure whether some of you still recall )

Also, the fastest speed now is still light ( or lightning bolt ) and the method to capture is by using slow or long shutter speed. If using 1/8000 sec to shoot lightning, I haven't get to see any people doing it ( not here at least ).

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    If I remember correctly, there was a flash manufacture by Sunpak ( around the 80s )which allow user to dial in the flash frequency, something like 64,000 of a sec max. But bcoz of the extremem fast frequency and it is a portable unit, it s usage only limited to close up photography e.g the flipping wings of the humming bird or bee. ( Not sure whether some of you still recall )

Also, the fastest speed now is still light ( or lightning bolt ) and the method to capture is by using slow or long shutter speed. If using 1/8000 sec to shoot lightning, I haven't get to see any people doing it ( not here at least ).
    thats a trigger, yes... unless controlled environment...

something like light painting. everything is in complete darkness. then you just expose it for a fraction of time, with proper full illumination. its like a lens cap with full control.

if you have camera limitations, reverse it and make other limitations become your tools.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.