Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 181

Thread: Starting a Olympus C750UZ thread - on usage

  1. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondb
    The way one holds the camera may also affect the result. If I want to minimise handshake, I will shoot with the view-finder instead of with the lcd. Holding the camera as close as possible to your body will increase the brace, and thus may reduce the shakiness.

    BTW, what was your setting (speed, aperture, etc) for those shaky shots?

    Raymond
    ya using the view finder oso .. but some come out not nice ... i'm using manual mode .. if i'm not wrong i use 1/10 then F3.5 ... after that tired of it i use back auto ..

  2. #142
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
    Posts
    146

    Default PictBridge-compatible firmware For C-750uz

    I saw in the Olympus website that the latest firmware release is Sept. I have upgraded my cam's firmware in June. Do anyone know what are the different between the earlier(June) & the latest(Sept) release firmware. Advise. THks.

  3. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus
    ya using the view finder oso .. but some come out not nice ... i'm using manual mode .. if i'm not wrong i use 1/10 then F3.5 ... after that tired of it i use back auto ..
    up.........

  4. #144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus
    ya using the view finder oso .. but some come out not nice ... i'm using manual mode .. if i'm not wrong i use 1/10 then F3.5 ... after that tired of it i use back auto ..
    Did u use flash? If flash was not used, use it then. If flash was used, with F number being set to widest (smallest number), ISO setting to maximum, I think not much more u could do except to get a powerful external flash.

    Or, could it be that the subject was out-of-focus?

    One general rule is that the slowest shutter speed that most could handheld the camera without tripot is 1/30, generally.

    Perhap u could post some samples here?

    Raymond
    Last edited by Raymondb; 17th November 2004 at 04:52 PM.

  5. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondb
    Did u use flash? If flash was not used, use it then. If flash was used, with F number being set to widest (smallest number), ISO setting to maximum, I think not much more u could do except to get a powerful external flash.

    Or, could it be that the subject was out-of-focus?

    One general rule is that the slowest shutter speed that most could handheld the camera without tripot is 1/30, generally.

    Perhap u could post some samples here?

    Raymond
    ok i will take some pics and post up later :P

  6. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thheng71
    I saw in the Olympus website that the latest firmware release is Sept. I have upgraded my cam's firmware in June. Do anyone know what are the different between the earlier(June) & the latest(Sept) release firmware. Advise. THks.
    how do i upgrade the firmware?

    any advice?

    thanks

  7. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
    Posts
    146

    Default

    logon to below link
    http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...ware/#firmware

    Read instruction before u upgrade ur firmware.

    cheers!!

  8. #148

    Default c-750 vs c-770

    Hey ppl,
    Just wondering what your thoughts were on the C-770. I recently had my C-750 stolen and it will be replaced with the C-770. Is there any increase in picture quality, better battery life with the Li-ion batteries etc?

  9. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
    Posts
    146

    Default

    for more comments, see page 2 threads on 770.

  10. #150
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thheng71
    I saw in the Olympus website that the latest firmware release is Sept. I have upgraded my cam's firmware in June. Do anyone know what are the different between the earlier(June) & the latest(Sept) release firmware. Advise. THks.
    fyi...
    wanted to redownload the firmware again but found the version is the same as what i have downloaded earlier v753e-86-D01 released on feb 04.

  11. #151
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlyCambo
    Hey ppl,
    Just wondering what your thoughts were on the C-770. I recently had my C-750 stolen and it will be replaced with the C-770. Is there any increase in picture quality, better battery life with the Li-ion batteries etc?
    what do you mean by "it will be replaced with"? Olympus give you c770 in replacing c750?

    or you like c750 so much that you are getting c770 to replace it?

    if you are buying another DC that has similar features as Olympus, why not try canon is pro or lumix? thay have image stablilizer at least

  12. #152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lonelyarine
    what do you mean by "it will be replaced with"? Olympus give you c770 in replacing c750?

    or you like c750 so much that you are getting c770 to replace it?

    if you are buying another DC that has similar features as Olympus, why not try canon is pro or lumix? thay have image stablilizer at least
    I have a few reasons for getting the c-770.
    1) It was an insurance claim and the insurance company offered me this as a replacement.
    2) Comfort factor. I know my away around my beloved Oly now!
    3) Accessories. I already have a few xD cards and lens adaptors and stuff. I thought it would easier to keep and use the existing parts I have compared to selling them and buy new accessories...
    4) I did look at the Canon, Fuji and Lumix range, but for the money the Oly had the best quality pictures and most features!! Have you checked out the 'Comparometer'? http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
    This allows you to compares identical photos taken by two different cameras to see the difference in quality. I will admit that the Canon pro cameras had quality pictures but also the quality prices to match!!!
    5) The MPEG-4 movies and Li-ion battery was a real decider for me.
    6) After having an excellent run with the Oly for the last 18 months, I had trouble finding a good reason to switch brands.

    in conclusion, I had the option to change from the Oly but had enough reasons to stay!!!

    LONG LIVE THE OLY!!!

  13. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlyCambo
    I have a few reasons for getting the c-770.
    1) It was an insurance claim and the insurance company offered me this as a replacement.
    2) Comfort factor. I know my away around my beloved Oly now!
    3) Accessories. I already have a few xD cards and lens adaptors and stuff. I thought it would easier to keep and use the existing parts I have compared to selling them and buy new accessories...
    4) I did look at the Canon, Fuji and Lumix range, but for the money the Oly had the best quality pictures and most features!! Have you checked out the 'Comparometer'? http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
    This allows you to compares identical photos taken by two different cameras to see the difference in quality. I will admit that the Canon pro cameras had quality pictures but also the quality prices to match!!!
    5) The MPEG-4 movies and Li-ion battery was a real decider for me.
    6) After having an excellent run with the Oly for the last 18 months, I had trouble finding a good reason to switch brands.

    in conclusion, I had the option to change from the Oly but had enough reasons to stay!!!

    LONG LIVE THE OLY!!!

    ic. can i ask a few qn?

    how is the performance of the li-ion battery? how long last it last? do you buy spare battery?

    which is your insurance co? do all insurance co replace lost item with sililar item or cash?

    cheers!

  14. #154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lonelyarine
    ic. can i ask a few qn?

    how is the performance of the li-ion battery? how long last it last? do you buy spare battery?

    which is your insurance co? do all insurance co replace lost item with sililar item or cash?

    cheers!
    1) Not to sure about the battery life yet have only had it a couple of days, but will be giving it a good run this weekend so I will keep you informed of the life. But so far, so good! I didn't buy a spare battery, but the camera store suggested that the non-genuine battery as just as good as the genuine but about half the price. Will wait and see how it performs this weekend.

    2) Don't think I need to name the insurance company, but I believe most work on replacement value of the same camera, ie - they will get the cheapest quote for the equivilent camera from around the country and go with the cheapest price. You then pay the excess to that camera company. They do allow you to upgrade if you wish.
    Last edited by OlyCambo; 24th November 2004 at 10:55 AM.

  15. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
    Posts
    146

    Default New C750uz Firmware Update

    Quote Originally Posted by thheng71
    fyi...
    wanted to redownload the firmware again but found the version is the same as what i have downloaded earlier v753e-86-D01 released on feb 04.
    Has found that in Japan Olympus Website, they has a new firmware update released Nov 04
    Check it out on to the below link
    http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support...nload/software/

    New Firmware version C750_C755US_FU_En_v753e-88-D01

    Note:
    Download at ur own risk! Cause I do not know what is the adventage & disadventage to ur cam.
    __________________
    Last edited by thheng71; 26th November 2004 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typo error

  16. #156
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thheng71
    Has found that in Japan Olympus Website, they has a new firmware update released Nov 04
    Check it out on to the below link
    http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support...nload/software/

    New Firmware version C750_C755US_FU_En_v753e-88-D01

    Note:
    Download at ur own risk! Cause I do not know what is the adventage & disadventage to ur cam.
    __________________
    write to olympus technical support japan & below is their reply.
    there is not much difference basically whichever firmware files such as
    "750_FU_En_v753e_86_Do1.exe" on the European web site or "750_FU_En_v753e_88_Do1.exe" on the Asian web site you use.
    The only different thing is that the file of "750_FU_En_v753e_88_Do1.exe" also enables C-755UltraZoom(shipped only for American market) to upgrade
    to the PictBridge-compatible as well as C-750UltraZoom.

    cheers...

  17. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thheng71
    write to olympus technical support japan & below is their reply.
    there is not much difference basically whichever firmware files such as
    "750_FU_En_v753e_86_Do1.exe" on the European web site or "750_FU_En_v753e_88_Do1.exe" on the Asian web site you use.
    The only different thing is that the file of "750_FU_En_v753e_88_Do1.exe" also enables C-755UltraZoom(shipped only for American market) to upgrade
    to the PictBridge-compatible as well as C-750UltraZoom.

    cheers...
    Thanks for the info.

    BTW, have you bought your flash already? How's the flash performance?

    Cheers
    Raymond

  18. #158
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlyCambo
    1) Not to sure about the battery life yet have only had it a couple of days, but will be giving it a good run this weekend so I will keep you informed of the life. But so far, so good! I didn't buy a spare battery, but the camera store suggested that the non-genuine battery as just as good as the genuine but about half the price. Will wait and see how it performs this weekend.

    2) Don't think I need to name the insurance company, but I believe most work on replacement value of the same camera, ie - they will get the cheapest quote for the equivilent camera from around the country and go with the cheapest price. You then pay the excess to that camera company. They do allow you to upgrade if you wish.
    thanks pal!

    keep me updated of its performance. not sure is 1 set of battery sufficient or not for heavy shooting

    i have 3 set of rechargable batteries for my 750 :P

  19. #159
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondb
    Thanks for the info.

    BTW, have you bought your flash already? How's the flash performance?

    Cheers
    Raymond
    still sourcing for cheaper compatible one...
    too many consideration, getting !!

  20. #160
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thheng71
    write to olympus technical support japan & below is their reply.
    there is not much difference basically whichever firmware files such as
    "750_FU_En_v753e_86_Do1.exe" on the European web site or "750_FU_En_v753e_88_Do1.exe" on the Asian web site you use.
    The only different thing is that the file of "750_FU_En_v753e_88_Do1.exe" also enables C-755UltraZoom(shipped only for American market) to upgrade
    to the PictBridge-compatible as well as C-750UltraZoom.

    cheers...
    Write to Japan.
    Some photography forum saying that after upgrade the firmware the AF seem to has improved. When Continuous AF mode is ON, the focus when it is lock before pressing the shutter, will stay in focus after the "half-press".
    And also Under dim light condition, it seems to be able to focus on subject that was not able to before the upgrade.
    Is it true? Please advise.

    Reply from Japan.
    Unfortunately, OLYMPUS Japan does not have information on the
    phenomenon which the function has improved after firmware upgrade
    as you pointed out.
    Rest assured that the same effect gives C-750UltraZoom
    whichever firmware you use.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •