Thread: Bad Experience with LG W2243T

Default Bad Experience with LG W2243T

Hi All

Just to share my bad experience on my new purchase of a LG W2243T LCD monitor at the PC Show last weekend.

My intention for this purchase was to attached this monitor to an LCD arm. I also double confirm with the sales personnel that the stand can be disconnected before I bought.

However, when I unpack the item from the box, I noticed that the vertical portion of the stand was already pre-attached (see picture below), and no part of the manuals indicated how can this be disconnected.

So I decided to contact LG for help. After repeated calls over the week, nobody was able to give me any guidance/answer. I intend to write an e-mail instead.

Today I got a reply:

"Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to inform you that the vertical stand is undetectable.
    Thanks and regards,
    LG Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd"

What do you guys suggest I do? The LCD monitor looks ugly on the arm with a "tail" sticking out.....

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/LG_W2243T.jpg

Last edited by ShawnQuah; 19th June 2009 at 02:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bad Experience with LG W2243T

unfortunately this is the digital darkroom and your thread has nothing to do with photography
    thread moved to the kopitiam

btw did you try returning it to the shop?

vince123123
    Guests

Yes I second Ortega's suggestion. If the shop misled you with wrong information, you can get a refund.

The LG head office side asked from me the details of the shop who sold me the LCD... let see how it goes...

But on the other hand... they have designed screws on the back of the LCD for the purpose of mounting... but you can't remove the stand... don't you find it very funny????