Thread: Lens help

Default Lens help

Hi all,

i need some advice to help me decide which lens to buy. I'm currently usin a 18 - 70mm F3.5 - 5.6 lens. There's 2 lenses that i have in mind to buy, one is the the 50mm F1.4 and the other one is 18 - 250mm F3.5 - 5.6 lens.

Of coz the best solution is to buy both la but not enough money so have to choose one only. Hehe.

I like to take landscape photos and portraits. And i prefer to take night shots.

Would be really helpful if i can get some advice from the experts in the forum. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Lens help

18-250 if you have a decent flash.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by inky77 View Post
    Hi all,

i need some advice to help me decide which lens to buy. I'm currently usin a 18 - 70mm F3.5 - 5.6 lens. There's 2 lenses that i have in mind to buy, one is the the 50mm F1.4 and the other one is 18 - 250mm F3.5 - 5.6 lens.

Of coz the best solution is to buy both la but not enough money so have to choose one only. Hehe.

I like to take landscape photos and portraits. And i prefer to take night shots.

Would be really helpful if i can get some advice from the experts in the forum. Thanks in advance.
    Have you upgraded to the A700?

Do consider the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 instead. Or go for the 50mm f1.4 for poratraits and use your kit lens for landscape.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Sony user? why not keep the kit lens and save money for 85mm CZ 1.4?
    The lens price won't go down so it's a good investment.

If I have to choose 18-250mm or 50 1.4, I will get the 50 1.4 and a pair of comfy Nike shoes for feet zooming.

Quote Originally Posted by Reim1o View Post
    Feet zooming.
    As above, unless you need the 250mm.

50mm F1.4, for both portraits and low light shots. 70mm is sufficient for portaits, unless you like the super compresed look.

I'll choose the 50mm f1.4 if only can choose btw the 2 lens given.

50mm f1.4 will serve u better for portrait & low light shoot

Hi bros, just picked up the 50mm F1.4 this afternoon. Love it man!!!! Thks for the feedback.

Good choice! Have loads of fun with 50/1.4!