Thread: Huangshan, Anhui China

Default Huangshan, Anhui China

I'm off to Hefei in Anhui next week. I'm thinking of going down to Huangshan, which it seems is about 350km south from Hefei. Any tips on how to make the most of a trip there?

In particular, I'm wondering . . .

Is it possible to drive there? Any tips on a route? I will have a car.

I guess it's a big area, so how does one know "where to go" exactly? Or, maybe I should get a guide for a day or two to take me around? If anyone has recommendations I'd appreciate it. I speak Chinese, so a Chinese-speaking guide would be fine.

Thanks,
    Eric

Default Re: Huangshan, Anhui China

You definitely should take a guide in China. It can be a driver-guide or just tour guide (they have some form of identity card as tour guide). China is too risky and you can get tricked easily if you are not careful. I wouldn''t advise self drive in china as well.

Thanks for the note. Actually I have a China driver's license and have been driving in China for a few years, having lived there for quite some time. I own a home and car there.

Do you mean that Huangshan is particularly treacherous or bad to drive, or just in general don't suggest driving in China?
    Hi.

Just in general, not advisable for overseas drivers to drive in China... too many scams.. You should know since you drove and lived in China. I have yet to go Huangshan so can't help much.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    Just in general, not advisable for overseas drivers to drive in China... too many scams.. You should know since you drove and lived in China. I have yet to go Huangshan so can't help much.
    It not difficult to get to Huangshan, the road (Highway) is nice to drive. But private car cannot go up to HuangShan. When you reach the bottom of the hill, you need Huangshan BUS that they special operating there. Their bus will bring you up to where the cable car station.
    You then take a cable car up to the top and have to walk abt an hour to reach hotel.

After the hotel and when you want to go to the submit, the number of steps is abt 500+ to watch sunset/sunrise depend on the weather.

Hope this help as just came back. see my flickr on huangshan (lousy photos if don't mine)

Happy holiday.
    Enjoy your every moment with our nature and friends

Quote Originally Posted by stanycjw View Post
    It not difficult to get to Huangshan, the road (Highway) is nice to drive. But private car cannot go up to HuangShan. When you reach the bottom of the hill, you need Huangshan BUS that they special operating there. Their bus will bring you up to where the cable car station.
    You then take a cable car up to the top and have to walk abt an hour to reach hotel.

After the hotel and when you want to go to the submit, the number of steps is abt 500+ to watch sunset/sunrise depend on the weather.

Hope this help as just came back. see my flickr on huangshan (lousy photos if don't mine)

Happy holiday.
    Thanks for the great feedback! Actually, I just got back from China, but I wound up not having time to go to Huangshan. Seems like every time I go to China I wind up with long agendas and never enough time to actually get out and see the sights.

I will remember your advice for the next trip, and hopefully will get there some day.

Nice pictures on your flickr! I particularly like your HDRs from around Singapore.

Eric
    Hi.