Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: photographer's assistants network

Default Re: photographer's assistants network

Quote Originally Posted by chessanutto View Post
    Hi all, i am new to the whole PA job. I want to learn more about photography so i thought it is good to start out as a PA. Can anyone tell me more about being a PA? What are the basics that u must must know to become one?
    you can easily find these information about what a PA does over the net.
    the most important thing is to have a teachable heart and an open mind.
    it's ok if you don't know the basics, not everyone starts with knowing everything.

Count me in bro, I'm from Vietnam and it may help if anyone flying there. I can check location, hotel, models, make up ... etc what ever related to photos.
    www.100fotos.net
    welcome to Vietnam!

i wonder if anyone knows of any studios that are looking for full-time employment? freelancing these days is really bad. I need a full-time job! sibei jialat~!

im 15 and i want to be a part time pa, so i can learn more about photography etc. so any opening please pm me ..

This here pro's perspective of the 10 most important attributes of a PA while doing location work.

Knows all the good cafes in the area (for food and coffee)

Is PUNCTUAL - God help you if you're late

Thinks ahead and sets up accordingly, eg: no power leads across the path of the models in an outdoor fashion shoot.

Doesn't talk $hit ie: banalaties / mindless small talk like a blithering idiot non stop.

Has a good sense of dress and dresses appropriately for the job. ie: No flip flops/sandals, baggy camo shorts or t-shirt to a black tie affair - Only the pro is allowed that right

Can coordinate the other crew (makeup, hair, dressers, etc) as required

Can lug vast amounts of gear

Doesn't mind working all the hours of day and night, eg: arriving on location at 2.30am to prepare for a dawn shoot.

Has a clean driving license and can drive any vehicle up to 5 tons GMV.

Can put up with the photographers difficult behaviour.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    This here pro's perspective of the 10 most important attributes of a PA while doing location work.

Thinks ahead and sets up accordingly, eg: no power leads across the path of the models in an outdoor fashion shoot.

Doesn't talk $hit ie: banalaties / mindless small talk like a blithering idiot non stop.

Has a good sense of dress and dresses appropriately for the job. ie: No flip flops/sandals, baggy camo shorts or t-shirt to a black tie affair - Only the pro is allowed that right

Doesn't mind working all the hours of day and night, eg: arriving on location at 2.30am to prepare for a dawn shoot.

Amen to all this.
    esp the PUNCTUALITY part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Hahaha I'm still a student and wished to be a PA some day real soon in the future.
    I see I only meet some of the points here, however, I am prepare for all these!
    I'm ready to learn.
    Clean. Simple. Makes out a good composition.

Quote Originally Posted by LomoPhotographer View Post
    Hahaha I'm still a student and wished to be a PA some day real soon in the future.
    I see I only meet some of the points here, however, I am prepare for all these!
    I'm ready to learn.
    My PA's been with me for nearly 11 years now. She's brilliant and is very happy in her job, after all she gets free travel and gets to shoot on many jobs as well. Being a PA suits her better than trying to cut it as a pro in her own right (her own words).
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456