Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: photographer's assistants network

Default Re: photographer's assistants network

i think i'll like to put this clear across is that my intention of starting this thread to have a network between us PAs, not a thread to find PAs or PAs looking to assist. if you wish to find a PA or look for a job as a PA, u may do so using PMs to PM the list of PAs.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Sorry if this is a bit off-topic...

But how do you get yourself employed as a photographer's assistant, is it through formal advertisement somewhere or you got to ask around and hope to be accepted? And for those who are already assistants here, are there any doing weddings?

From my observation, wedding photographers here generally operate more simply, in that they use minimal equipment. No heavy studio strobes, reflectors, etc especially on actual day.

The usually used definition in Singapore, though not technically correct or complete, is that a wedding "assistant" simply shoots with another camera as a partner rather than really help or learn from the main photographer himself.

Thanks...
    to answer the above, most photographers i know will use their own freelance/full time PAs. u may try to advertise through clubsnap as i think there are also photogs who come and find.

hope this helps and clarifies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    i think i'll like to put this clear across is that my intention of starting this thread to have a network between us PAs, not a thread to find PAs or PAs looking to assist. if you wish to find a PA or look for a job as a PA, u may do so using PMs to PM the list of PAs.

to answer the above, most photographers i know will use their own freelance/full time PAs. u may try to advertise through clubsnap as i think there are also photogs who come and find.

Good that you can help to keep this thread within your intention and topic

Perhaps if you want and looking at the way this thread is going, you may want to start a thread for PA with their contact in services offer, section. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Good that you can help to keep this thread within your intention and topic

Perhaps if you want and looking at the way this thread is going, you may want to start a thread for PA with their contact in services offer, section. Just a thought
    hello PE,

thanks for your reply! i think i'll leave it to the PAs discretion to start a thread of services offered there. or maybe the mods can probably sticky a thread for PAs available? i don't know. just a suggestion.

if you don't mind, please help me remove those posts asking for PAs and jobs as PAs in the thread!

thanks again!

just to compile a list of assistants (full time/freelance). please do not add yourself to the list if you're not assisting yet! i'm in the midst of trying to plan a get-together if you guys will be interested. to network and make more friends!

1) drumma
    2) Getz10
    3) rOnGrEn
    4) soeypixels
    5) peterpanda
    6) lamergod(chua_yueda@hotmail.com)
    7) edarkflame

If you're looking for PA job you can go to Professional Photographer Association(PPAS.sg) website to ask those pro yourself, they are always hiring(maybe not last few month due to the credit crunch)

Quote Originally Posted by sim4nee View Post
    If you're looking for PA job you can go to Professional Photographer Association(PPAS.sg) website to ask those pro yourself, they are always hiring(maybe not last few month due to the credit crunch)
    yes that's another option also for those who are interested. i got my job through there.

yes that's another option also for those who are interested. i got my job through there.

I constantly looking for one myself and we pro always have difficulty to find when our regular PA's are busy so by asking the pro for job you actually helping us a lot too.

Hello all! I am doing malay wedding & engagement photography & some events. Willing to work with you guys, I also helped some busy bridal photographers by just taking the photos & pass them the images for them to edit, develop & liase with customers.

hi there,
    i'm just starting out as a PA and i was very fortunate to respond to the thread the studio put up and they hired me despite my not so tender age.

i've looked through newspaper ads and saw that ppl are advertising also, but they need at least a yr's experience.
    i observe moments in life
    www.petertan.co

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanda View Post
    hi there,
    i'm just starting out as a PA and i was very fortunate to respond to the thread the studio put up and they hired me despite my not so tender age.

i've looked through newspaper ads and saw that ppl are advertising also, but they need at least a yr's experience.
    thanks for sharing! it's never too old to start! i do know of one studio who particularly only hires men who are 28 and older for some reason or another.

thanks for sharing! it's never too old to start! i do know of one studio who particularly only hires men who are 28 and older for some reason or another.
    alas those studios don't come by alot. i tried applying for PA jobs but i think i dont get them cos im too old.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    alas those studios don't come by alot. i tried applying for PA jobs but i think i dont get them cos im too old.
    no offence, but sometimes it's luck. i missed a few opportunites last year due to NS too!

alas it's true i guess.
    now the services wanted got no more of this thread.
    and today's a good day cos i get to come home early, some assistants are still out shooting till midnight.
    soon it'll be my turn to taste it.
    i observe moments in life
    www.petertan.co

no offence, but sometimes it's luck. i missed a few opportunites last year due to NS too!
    true but i know i am too old for a PA job but i am not giving up. even part time ones are fine.

add me to the list please

Shanouk 91701025

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanda View Post
    alas it's true i guess.
    now the services wanted got no more of this thread.
    and today's a good day cos i get to come home early, some assistants are still out shooting till midnight.
    soon it'll be my turn to taste it.
    haha yes.. i wished there was rest when there should be and work when there should be. not sure if i'm making sense!

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    true but i know i am too old for a PA job but i am not giving up. even part time ones are fine.
    never too old dude!

Quote Originally Posted by shmuckerz View Post
    add me to the list please

Shanouk 91701025
    yes and please tell us more about urself. just name and contact doesn't really give much info.

i really want to work as PA or 2nd photographer for my part time job since i'm now in poly. Can someone guide me about this? Like where I should go to apply for the job? I'm really interested in learning about lighting this kind of stuffs. oh ya! not forgetting wedding photography, i wanna help out in that too. especially malay weddings. thanks guys.
    Last edited by has91; 24th June 2009 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by has91 View Post
    i really want to work as PA or 2nd photographer for my part time job since i'm now in poly. Can someone guide me about this? Like where I should go to apply for the job? I'm really interested in learning about lighting this kind of stuffs. oh ya! not forgetting wedding photography, i wanna help out in that too. especially malay weddings. thanks guys.
    please read the posts before yours.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=45
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=41

anyway, i'm looking forward to meet fellow assistants out there. wonder if there would be anyone who would be interested, PLEASE PM ME.

Hi there,

can i be part of the assistant team? any guidance?

hi there! do come and join us for makan meetups if you'd be interested to find out more!

anyway, interestingly, someone asked. ''i'm a girl, can't carry heavy stuffs. but i would want to be a PA.. how?"

i think there's no 2 ways about this 'carrying heavy stuffs'. either u train to carry, or can't be PA. but i would like to hear more opinions as well.. that would benefit both parties i thought!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast