Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 108

Thread: photographer's assistants network

  1. #21

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    That's really cool soey! So how long have u been assisting?
    cant remember already. my very first assist is 2-3 yrs back
    is adhoc basis like i mention earlier


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    B.Hill
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    hi,

    i also interested to start off as an assistant...in army right now...hope can do it after i ord...8 more mthss....any tips on where to find lobang?..and what is the pay like?..so roughly can have a gauge...thanks...
    Nikon D90 | 18-105mm G | 20mm f/2.8D | 85mm f/1.8D | SB 600 => view my flickr

  3. #23

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    hello all!

    i'm restarting this thread which started a few years back by stereobox. looking for people to exchange ideas, tips, networking, etc and so on.

    i'm currently working as a PA and i thought it'll be cool to know more PAs and probably learn more about this industry!
    i also want to be PA if any. Do contact me if got lobang :-) . My time is flexiblle

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by njmingz View Post
    hi,

    i also interested to start off as an assistant...in army right now...hope can do it after i ord...8 more mthss....any tips on where to find lobang?..and what is the pay like?..so roughly can have a gauge...thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by rudytan View Post
    i also want to be PA if any. Do contact me if got lobang :-) . My time is flexiblle
    what i can suggest is to email your favourite photographer and ask if they have any vacancies.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    just to compile a list of assistants (full time/freelance). please do not add yourself to the list if you're not assisting yet! i'm in the midst of trying to plan a get-together if you guys will be interested. to network and make more friends!

    1) drumma
    2) Getz10
    3) rOnGrEn
    4) soeypixels
    5) peterpanda
    6) lamergod(chua_yueda@hotmail.com)
    7) edarkflame
    Last edited by drumma; 23rd June 2009 at 10:49 PM.

  6. #26
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    good work drumma, it will be good if could include email addy and brief info, so when PA needed, it will be quicker to look for the right person.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #27
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    1) drumma
    2) Getz10
    3) rOnGrEn
    4) soeypixels
    5)lamergod(chua_yueda@hotmail.com)

  8. #28

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Hi all,

    I am a full-time photographer seeking a freelance assistant for an editorial shoot this coming wed 1pm, it will be a half day shoot, do let me know if you are interested.

    Aidan

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by AidanYeoh View Post
    Hi all,

    I am a full-time photographer seeking a freelance assistant for an editorial shoot this coming wed 1pm, it will be a half day shoot, do let me know if you are interested.

    Aidan
    thanks for offering work to aspiring photog assistants! But i'd appreciate if you can post in the right sub forums and you can get more response there as well!

  10. #30

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    hi Drumma,
    i'm going to start work as a PA this week.
    So do add me in =)

    peter
    i observe moments in life
    www.petertan.co

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpanda View Post
    hi Drumma,
    i'm going to start work as a PA this week.
    So do add me in =)

    peter
    will add u in! please also tell us more if you don't mind! which areas of photography u are assisting, etc..

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    good work drumma, it will be good if could include email addy and brief info, so when PA needed, it will be quicker to look for the right person.
    thanks ben for the suggestion. i guess i'd leave it to them if they want to leave their own contacts.. i can be reached at my signature.

  13. #33
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by AidanYeoh View Post
    Hi all,

    I am a full-time photographer seeking a freelance assistant for an editorial shoot this coming wed 1pm, it will be a half day shoot, do let me know if you are interested.

    Aidan
    Pmed hopefully I can land it

  14. #34

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    i am pretty interested.. in wedding, commerical and event arena

  15. #35

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    hi drumma,
    i'll be assisting in commercial photography.
    it's a full-time PA post..
    i'm a relatively late-starter, 27 liao.
    you can see my random stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/petepictures/ or www.petepictures.com
    Anything else ah??
    Heh
    i observe moments in life
    www.petertan.co

  16. #36

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Hmmm i was thinking.

    While we're here talking about being assistants. Why not discuss about the ethics and behavious an assistant should uphold while doing an assisting job?

    I am bringing this up because, I have experienced before things such as, the assistant
    giving out his own name cards during shoots, telling my client to call him in future should they require photography services. So perhaps a discussion could be done on this as well?

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post
    Hmmm i was thinking.

    While we're here talking about being assistants. Why not discuss about the ethics and behavious an assistant should uphold while doing an assisting job?

    I am bringing this up because, I have experienced before things such as, the assistant
    giving out his own name cards during shoots, telling my client to call him in future should they require photography services. So perhaps a discussion could be done on this as well?
    yes.. And i was thinking of sharing such experiences/topics during meetups. In fact i think professional photogs who start as assistant should also join and help facilitate the meetup! Right now i need a sizable number of group..

  18. #38

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post
    Hmmm i was thinking.

    While we're here talking about being assistants. Why not discuss about the ethics and behavious an assistant should uphold while doing an assisting job?

    I am bringing this up because, I have experienced before things such as, the assistant
    giving out his own name cards during shoots, telling my client to call him in future should they require photography services. So perhaps a discussion could be done on this as well?
    wah your PA very daring. that's a no-no thing to do . the PA is under the orders of the photographer, so unless the photographer allows him to do that then he should just do the job of assisting.

    hey drumma, you can add me up to the PA list! i've mostly done commercial, studio and corporate shoots.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Quote Originally Posted by edarkflame View Post
    hey drumma, you can add me up to the PA list! i've mostly done commercial, studio and corporate shoots.
    no prob! added.

  20. #40

    Default Re: photographer's assistants network

    Just saw this thread.... I can be a PA freelance/part-time if you guys need any help. Thanks. Can pm me or contact at 81636892. Thx.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •