Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

    With your personal info they can apply for bank account and lounder money, take loan on your name, apply mobile phone subscription (simcard is hard to get now without id) and they use that as detonator or to talk to each other to arrange some bombing, assume your identity and open cover-up business, apply for fake passport/id, etc. They can also cheat and fool other people who know you claiming that you are being kidnapped or travel overseas and really sick and hospitalised requiring urgent surgery and need money, etc etc etc

  2. #42
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

    In that case, all those lucky draw coupons, employment application forms, etc etc where you filled up your name and address will create so many of such things already. You sure these things can be done just with a name and address? You may need to step out of the movies a bit

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    With your personal info they can apply for bank account and lounder money, take loan on your name, apply mobile phone subscription (simcard is hard to get now without id) and they use that as detonator or to talk to each other to arrange some bombing, assume your identity and open cover-up business, apply for fake passport/id, etc. They can also cheat and fool other people who know you claiming that you are being kidnapped or travel overseas and really sick and hospitalised requiring urgent surgery and need money, etc etc etc

  3. #43
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    In that case, all those lucky draw coupons, employment application forms, etc etc where you filled up your name and address will create so many of such things already. You sure these things can be done just with a name and address? You may need to step out of the movies a bit
    with name and tel, can telemarket right?

  4. #44

    Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

    wah nowadays can see many scam leh....used to hear 'Nigerian' scam but nowadays from few hundreds dollars of camera body to whatever they can think of heheheheheh

    cheers

  5. #45
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

    Quote Originally Posted by garagez View Post
    wah nowadays can see many scam leh....used to hear 'Nigerian' scam but nowadays from few hundreds dollars of camera body to whatever they can think of heheheheheh

    cheers
    yay, have to be extra careful now days

  6. #46

    Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

    "We want to engage you as our wedding day photographer..."

    Sorry, another warlock had already engaged me, the Somalian rebel leader is marrying his 6th wife. Anyway I am fully booked for the next three years shooting weddings for African royalties and Colombian politicians.

    "You are the winner of..."

    I win millions and billions in stakes and lottery on a daily basis, my 5 email accounts Spam folders generate more profits than you can imagine.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  7. #47

    Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    "We want to engage you as our wedding day photographer..."

    Sorry, another warlock had already engaged me, the Somalian rebel leader is marrying his 6th wife. Anyway I am fully booked for the next three years shooting weddings for African royalties and Colombian politicians.

    "You are the winner of..."

    I win millions and billions in stakes and lottery on a daily basis, my 5 email accounts Spam folders generate more profits than you can imagine.
    hahahahahahahaha
    Man greatest tool. The imaginative mind.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

    Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    what do they gain?
    waiting for the next sucker with a pea brain and enough greed to make their time worth while.

    pardon my language.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •