Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

With your personal info they can apply for bank account and lounder money, take loan on your name, apply mobile phone subscription (simcard is hard to get now without id) and they use that as detonator or to talk to each other to arrange some bombing, assume your identity and open cover-up business, apply for fake passport/id, etc. They can also cheat and fool other people who know you claiming that you are being kidnapped or travel overseas and really sick and hospitalised requiring urgent surgery and need money, etc etc etc

vince123123
    Guests

In that case, all those lucky draw coupons, employment application forms, etc etc where you filled up your name and address will create so many of such things already. You sure these things can be done just with a name and address? You may need to step out of the movies a bit

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    With your personal info they can apply for bank account and lounder money, take loan on your name, apply mobile phone subscription (simcard is hard to get now without id) and they use that as detonator or to talk to each other to arrange some bombing, assume your identity and open cover-up business, apply for fake passport/id, etc. They can also cheat and fool other people who know you claiming that you are being kidnapped or travel overseas and really sick and hospitalised requiring urgent surgery and need money, etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    In that case, all those lucky draw coupons, employment application forms, etc etc where you filled up your name and address will create so many of such things already. You sure these things can be done just with a name and address? You may need to step out of the movies a bit
    with name and tel, can telemarket right?

wah nowadays can see many scam leh....used to hear 'Nigerian' scam but nowadays from few hundreds dollars of camera body to whatever they can think of heheheheheh

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by garagez View Post
    wah nowadays can see many scam leh....used to hear 'Nigerian' scam but nowadays from few hundreds dollars of camera body to whatever they can think of heheheheheh

cheers
    yay, have to be extra careful now days

"We want to engage you as our wedding day photographer..."

Sorry, another warlock had already engaged me, the Somalian rebel leader is marrying his 6th wife. Anyway I am fully booked for the next three years shooting weddings for African royalties and Colombian politicians.

"You are the winner of..."

I win millions and billions in stakes and lottery on a daily basis, my 5 email accounts Spam folders generate more profits than you can imagine.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    "We want to engage you as our wedding day photographer..."

Sorry, another warlock had already engaged me, the Somalian rebel leader is marrying his 6th wife. Anyway I am fully booked for the next three years shooting weddings for African royalties and Colombian politicians.

"You are the winner of..."

I win millions and billions in stakes and lottery on a daily basis, my 5 email accounts Spam folders generate more profits than you can imagine.
    hahahahahahahaha
    Man greatest tool. The imaginative mind.

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    what do they gain?
    waiting for the next sucker with a pea brain and enough greed to make their time worth while.

pardon my language.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123