Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

Default Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

To all concerns :

Please note that recently, we have received an email form "overseas potential wedding client" enquiry about service and such ... see below :

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cut-&-Paste - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:46 PM
    To: infor@nickgoh.com
    Subject: Professional Photographer needed urgently

Dear Sir/Madam
    I WHITE MICHAEL , I came across your profile after an effortless search for a professional photographer.
    I will be celebrating my Wedding on July 26th 2009, So I want your service on my Wedding .

My address which the Wedding party will take place is below:
    Bukit Merah,
    Alexandra Road,
    SINGAPORE

That is my house address that I just buy and moving from CAMBODIA to SINGAPORE.

The Wedding party will start 12pm to 4pm, so you can arrive the same day to my house .
    I invited 35 friends and that is all we are expecting on the day.

So let me know your charges rate for the party including the extract cost and let me know the amount all together, so I can arrange for the for your transportation payment in time and you can be able to book the day for my Wedding Party.

Thanks
    WHITE MICHAEL.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cut-&-Paste - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And after you have replied to the enquiry, you got an almost instant reply ( maybe an auto-reply ), stating and asking for your payment info and request, as these :

Hello ,

Thanks for your quick response to my email , i really apprecaiate it.
    can you reduce your price for me so that you can be my photographer of the day,get back to me with your good price so that i can calculate all the total amount and I will instruct one of my business associate to make the Deposit payment out to you as soon as possible inform of Money Order or Certified Cashier's Check which is the only way I can made the payment out to you, for the security reason and it will be easier for you to cash instantly at your bank.

I will deposit 50 % percent of your total cost and balanced you when you immediately you arrive on the day for .
    So I will need your full name and address for the payment, so the payment can be out to you as soon as possible, so you can have the date booked for my wedding party.

Make sure you write agreement form in which I will sign and send it back to you, so both of us will have the agreement form with our self’s. so I can have it sign easily and send it back to you.

Thanks you

WHITE MICHAEL.

Does anyone came across these, too ? ...

Nick Goh

Default Re: Wedding Photographers Beware - Scam Alert !!

This scam is very popular overseas. Just looking at the address makes me laugh. Anyways, just use common sense when you encounter such stuff. Just press the Delete button.

so, what are they scamming??

LOL 'White' super ang moh I just watched a show today and the 2 characters name are Tanned and Black LOL

Ah, what do they gain?

I didn't know that my business contacts are so good, everyday I received some business proposals from all over the world, they are bankers, ministers, royal families, warlords etc willing to offer me half a million to a few million dollars, ... just to do some simple tasks for them in return...

anyway, I'm only interested on taking care of my photography business, so if anyone keen to take up these business proposals, let me know, I can forwards all these offers to you.

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

can i have the warlords, uncle catchlights?

i always wanted to shoot a warlord's wedding, it must be an exciting thing..

No need lah i do free TFCD i won't request payment. As for location i need to open one Oblivion Gate to get there. Public, private convetional transport means impossible to go there.

From what I see, first he asked for full name and address. Later, sure will ask for contact number, and so on. And this information is useful for other crimes.

I have heard of many people that were cheated, when somebody called their home informing one of their relative got an very serious injuries from an accident and they needed to transfer some money to deposit in the hospital before A&E would allow him to be admitted, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    can i have the warlords, uncle catchlights?

i always wanted to shoot a warlord's wedding, it must be an exciting thing..
    let me see whether I still can find you one warlord or not.......

178 Jason Moyo Layouts
    Harare-Zimbabwe.

Dear Sir,

I got your contact information from a reputable business/professional directory of your country which gives me assurance of your legibility as a business person.

My name is John Mukhabe a citizen of Zimbabwe and a financial consultant. I represent the interest of a client, an investor whom as a result of the sensitive nature of the position he occupies under the present government in Zimbabwe, coupled with the recent political and economic developments in my country wishes to relocate his funds abroad and secure it from inflation through investment.

I am making this contact with you on the strength of this my client s need for an individual such as you, who will be willing to receive money on his behalf abroad, and then invest this money for making profit in accordance with the foreign direct investment regulations in your country.Your role as a partner will be to devise the necessary business plan based on your knowledge of the domestic economy in your country. To oversee the day to day management of the business that will be established there in your country with this capital (U.S$10,500,000).

The establishment of this joint business venture with the above mentioned fund will be carried out in a manner consistent with the prevailing international laws and that of your country guiding such an investment.In the event that you are willing to work with me on this project as a partner, provide me with your direct telephone and fax numbers for further detail.

Best regards
    John Mukhabe

anyone interested?

RESPECTFUL,
    Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your name and contact from the "libred" I prayed over it and selected your contact among other contacts I got from there. I am JOHN KALOU (JR) the only son of late DR. JOHN KALOU. My father was a very wealthy Cocoa merchant in Abidjan the economic capital of Ivory Coast but was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip.

My Mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father on JULY 2007 in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of TWELVE MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS USD. ($12,000 000) left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his only son for the next of Kin in depositing of the money. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates. He then advised me to seek for a Foreign Partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose, I am therefore honorably seeking your assistance in the following ways: (1) To provide a bank account for the transfer of this money. (2) To serve as a guardian to me and the investment of this money since I am only 19 years. I am willing to offer you a good percentage from the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this money into your nominated account overseas. Furthermore, you will indicate your option towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within fourteen 14 days you signify interest to assist me.

Anticipating to hear from you soon.
    Best regards,
    John Kalou JR.
    TELEPHONE +22547709146

I don't even know where is this place on earth....

Hello

Pardon me for not having the pleasure of knowing your

mindset before making you this offer and it is utterly
    confidential and genuine by virtue of its nature.

I write to solicit your assistance in a funds transfer deal
    involving US$ 3.5M.This fund has been stashed out of the
    excess profit made last 2years by my branch office of the
    International Commercial Bank of Ghana which I am the manager.

I have already submitted an approved end-of-the-year report
    for the year 2007 to my head office here in Accra-Ghana and
    they will never know of this excess.

I have since then, placed this amount on a Non-Investment
    Account without a beneficiary. Upon your response, I will
    configure your name on our database as holder of the
    Non-Investment Account. I will then guide you on how to
    apply to my head office for the Account Closure/
    bank-to-bank remittance of the funds to your designated bank
    account.

If you concur with this proposal, I intend for you to retain
    30% of the funds while 70% shall be for me. Kindly forward
    your response to me immediately

With Regards,
    George Nduka
    +233 24 888 6531

OMG, money drop from sky....

ON RECOMMENDATION
    Dear Friend,

Mr. Andreas Schranner died four years ago leaving behind usd$9,500,000.00
    (Nine million, Five hundred thousand United States dollars) in the branch
    where I work. I am his acount manager and till date nobody has come forward
    or put application for the claim.

As the law of the bank here stipulates, if the bank waited for a period of
    four years without a beneficiary they will only send the fund to debt
    reconvation department and the account will be closed. As the deceased
    that died interstate with no will or next of kin with our bank record, I
    want you to come forward since I can provide you with the details needed for
    us to claim the funds. I will do all the crucial part in the bank to have
    the claim released to you promptly.

Please note that no other person knows about this account other than myself.
    The strategy is to use my influence as his account manager to make all
    necessary changes in your favour so that we can apply for the payment of the
    funds in your name. i intend to offer you 35% of the funds, 60% for me while
    5% shall cover expenses both parties will encure during the process of
    transfer.

If you accept this offer, kindly get back to me for more details,

Regards,

but none of them want you to take their photographs!

so much easy money......

CONTACT U.S.P.S DELIVERY COMPANY NOW FOR YOUR PACKAGE

My Dear Friend ,

Complement of the season ,this is to inform you due to your inablity to send the registration fee of your cheque as requested by delivering company,i have waited for long now yet no result, i then decided to involve the issued bank to avoid losing of the funds since my boss is yet to returned.When i got to the bank ,the director told me that the cheque of $2.500.000.00 has three weeks to expire that after three weeks it will be invalid then i told the director to convert the check into cash to avoid losing of the money but he said i have to hire a lawyer before that can be done since the beneficaiy of the cheque is not here ,a lawyer will be involve for the signing and the procurement of vital documents needed for that.

Now am just confused because i don't have the money for that but i have no
    choice than to hire a lawyer who will assist me on this matter to avoid loosing of the money .After meeting with the bank Attorney he told me that he will arrange for the documents as well as the signings for the covertion of the cheque into cash payment but he said i should pay him $2500.00 for the job , then i explained to him that i don't have the money , i pleaded with him that as soon as the job is done , then the money will deducted for his payment before anything .

He accepted ,the bank director also assured me that after the convertion of your check , the money will be packaged in a security box and deposit it with the bank official security company for save keeping as well as the delivering of your package to your home address .Am happy to inform you that the job has been done , the check has been converted into cash and is right now with United State Parcel Service for delivery, remember the package was registered as family valuables for security reasons under security monitoring department with a seal on it for security reasons . You can find the code number beside the packaged box, there is a place in it they wrote TRP , when you open it through that side you will see the code to open it, so contact the company today on this informations bellow:

Company Name : United State Parcel Service(USPS)Security Department .

Contact Person: Mr.Bruce Clems :
    Cell phone ; +229 97 01 60 04
    Email: unitedstatexparcelservicebj@gmail.com

Note ; your package was register as family valuables , in no condition will you disclose the real content of your package to anybody till you receive it in your home for security reasons,email the company , tell them your name , tell them that your agent register your package with them for deliver ok you can tell them my name .

Remember they will ask you for followings :
    Your Full Name ................
    Your Home Address..............
    Your corrent Phone Numbers ..............home
    Your Cel Numbers...............
    You personal adentification............

While contacting them includes these informations to avoid any further
    delays in delivering ok .

Meanwhile i will be waiting to hear from you after your discussion with them ,also i want to remind you that $3000.00 was deducted from the total sum and this amount includes the registration and insurance cover $500.00 and $2500.00 of the barrister that did the job .
    Best Regards,
    Mr.Ben Moon

Microsoft also want to give me money.......

The Microsoft Award Team
    Morley House, 26-30 Holborn Viaduct,
    London EC1A 2BP.U.K.
    Batch No: 3566465021-0TA/06.
    Ref No: 919347/749-0
    Winning No: 7-28-87-65-69-73.

CONGRATULATION! CONGRATULATION!! CONGRATULATION!!!
    Dear Lucky Winner,

The prestigious Microsoft / MSN has set out and successfully organized a Sweepstakes marking the year 2009 anniversary. Rolled out over US$ 300,000,000.00 (Three Hundred Million U. S Dollars Only) for this year’s Anniversary Draws. Email addresses of participants for the draws were randomly selected and drawn from a wide range of internet web hosting which we enjoy their patronage. The MICROSOFT 2009 PROMOTIONS was held on the month of January 2009 in Stamford Bridge Stadium, London United Kingdom . Your email address has therefore been approved to claim a total sum of (US$ 1 Million) One Million United States Dollars Only in cash credited to File KTU/9023118308/03.

To file for your claim, please contact your Claims Agent immediately through his contact information as follows:

Name: Mr. Richard Lioyd.
    Tel: (+4470359 82020)
    Email: richardlioydagentukloto@gmail.com or mrrichardlioyd@gmail.com

Please provide the following details for processing of your claim.
    VERIFICATION FORM.
    1, Names in full:
    2, Country of Residence:
    3, Nationality:
    4, Residential Address:
    5, Date of Birth/Age:
    6, Marital Status/Sex:
    7, Telephone /Fax No:
    8, Mobile No:
    9, Occupation:
    10, Company name:
    11, Monthly Income:
    12, Amount Won:
    13, Email address:
    14, Ref No:
    15, Winning No:

Yours Faithfully,
    Mrs. Grace Sander.

Online coordinator for MICROSOFT UK ON-LINE PROMOTIONS. Sweepstakes International Program. Copyright © 1994-2009 The Microsoft UK Online Lottery
    Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Guidelines. Microsoft has obtained your contact details from public internet sources. We thought that you could be attracted to be part of this promotion with our company © Copyright 2009 Microsoft Lottery promotion All Right Reserve"

even mastercard too

Dear Customer/Beneficiary!

Kindly contact our delivery department with the details
    Given below: FedEx Courier Express NG©
    Contact Person: Dr. Ahmed Salim
    E-mail: redstar.express7@btinternet.com
    Telephone: +2348-039-095-444.

Reasons: This is due to the fact that we are in possession
    Of your Package containing a master card worth of five
    Hundred Thousand United State Dollars that was registered
    With us by the Master Card Award Team for shipment to you,
    You are to act fast by providing your postal address and
    Your direct phone number to enable us makes the delivery ASAP.

Note that as soon as our Delivery Team confirms your
    Informations, it will take only two working days (48 hours)
    For your package to arrive your designated address. For your
    Information, the Mail, VAT & Shipping fees have been paid by
    The Award Promo Board you will only have to pay a sum of
    $200.00 to the FedEx Courier Department being full payment
    For the Security Keeping Fee of the FedEx Courier as stated
    In our privacy terms & condition page.

Yours Faithfully,
    Secretary
    Mrs. Mercy Hunt ©
    =================================
    COPYRIGHT © 2009 MasterCard®.
    =================================
    Mountain Training #101: Crouching Photographer Hidden Ladder

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    but none of them want you to take their photographs!
    Cos you never sweet talk them , never employ PR skills, never indicate u want to pay them fees

Don't believe a word from John Mukhabe, John Kalou Jr, George Nduka and Andreas Schranner!
    Look at the sums they're promising.
    Confirm fake.
    I mean come on, I just deposited USD2500 into General Abacha's account and will be receiving USD 25.5 million.
    More u-hua...
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by aloyyolaaloy View Post
    even mastercard too
    Oh heh mastercard, i read the words fast i tot its was masterbate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast