Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    winning is a recognition of the winner... doesn't mean those who didn't win they work is no good... competition is subjective sometimes... depends on theme, how the judges interpret the work, luck etc etc....

    just like food... i love my mum's cooking best, but she never won any competition
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  2. #22

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    Met up with the platinum winner for photography section 2 days ago, and yes what she said agrees with flowerpot's opinion.

    Some might think it's crap,
    some might enjoy it,
    but most of all, it's up to the judges.

    The winning image are 3 monochrome prints of a mynah. (I think?)
    First picture is the shadow figure of the bird perched on the tree,
    the 2nd picture is the bird on a trap,
    and the third picture shows the bird dead.

    2nd and 3rd pic has alot of white negative space, and the way it was printed resembles a Sumi-e painting. Quite zen, if you ask me. I think this will very much appeal to the Japanese judges.

    Then again, i can't study the pictures that well and i may be describing wrongly, as i was in a very dark place and the only light was from my handphone to view the small pictures on the UOB folder

  3. #23

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    Does one submit a video for a animation competition?


    I stand with the artists in Singapore.
    There is other international photo competition that is only photos allowed to be submitted.
    Can I submit a painting for this type of competition? What will the photographers say?

  4. #24

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d3d View Post
    Does one submit a video for a animation competition?


    I stand with the artists in Singapore.
    There is other international photo competition that is only photos allowed to be submitted.
    Can I submit a painting for this type of competition? What will the photographers say?
    you are always so ridiculous

    did you join again, and not win?

    no one wins all the time, and some aren't even meant to win, but in their minds they should win so they kbkb when they never win, for every single competition. i think it is better off for everyone if they just sit at home and stare at their own works and give themselves awards.

    resembling a painting, doesn't mean the photograph is a painting, read it right. there are many ways, even out of camera to make a photograph resemble a painting.

  5. #25

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    No... I didn't join.

    Because I was recently involved in a car accident in carpark.
    The other party insurance company gave a one liner to describe the whole event.
    When my insurance company demand for a detail report..... they replied " the choice of words used is not important!"


    Now you tell me.

    A video and animation, what is the different?
    A painting and a photograph, what is the different?
    A bite and a cut on the hand, what is the different?

  6. #26

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d3d View Post
    A video and animation, what is the different?
    A painting and a photograph, what is the different?
    A bite and a cut on the hand, what is the different?
    how about

    a fool and a hot air balloon, what is the difference?

  7. #27

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    Is that a joke?

    Oragniser please change the name to UOB Picture of the Year. not painting.

  8. #28

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d3d View Post
    Is that a joke?

    Oragniser please change the name to UOB Picture of the Year. not painting.
    have you even READ

    what the competition is about?

    it isn't just photos winning, you know

    by the way, if you are rich and care enough, just start an art2d3d picture of the year award.. otherwise, frankly speaking, uob has the right to call it chicken of the year award, it's their money and time, and it's none of your business.

  9. #29

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    Quote Originally Posted by xylestesins View Post

    The winning image are 3 monochrome prints of a mynah. (I think?)
    First picture is the shadow figure of the bird perched on the tree,
    the 2nd picture is the bird on a trap,
    and the third picture shows the bird dead.
    the 1st pics of the set is the "camouflage" series. Where i have seen it before last year during the MOP and attended his talk too.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  10. #30

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

    by the way, if you are rich and care enough, just start an art2d3d picture of the year award.. otherwise, frankly speaking, uob has the right to call it chicken of the year award, it's their money and time, and it's none of your business.
    sighz, no budget for me if not i will do one BIG BIG "BRead of the year"!
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  11. #31

    Default Re: The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

    thread closed...coz the result is out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •