Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Andy AWFoo View Post
    Hai Haqeel,

From my personal experience, the Awana Kijal in Cherating is money's worth. Me and my family was there during the last Chinese New Year to get away from it all. Although the rooms are a bit pricey they are compensated by the very fair price of food in the Chinese Restaurant and other outlets in the Hotel. Get up early and take a long walk along the beach which has a golf course and shoot the beautiful sunrise. By 6.00 pm evening, take a another walk alongside the golf course and use it to advantage to take the sunset! Golfers would normally be gone by 6.00pm or so at that resort and you would be quite safe from stray balls. Use the east coast route and pack some drinks and snacks so that you can stop along the beautiful beaches around the town of Nenasi for a brief stop and rest. The traffic is sparse and you will enjoy the leisurely drive all the way. If you have got long lens, then get someone in the car to look out for raptors which could be soaring just above you!
    Happy holidays!
    Just to clarify that Awana Kijal it's not in Cherating but in K.Terengganu. I've got to agree that it is a beautiful place...and the beach is just fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    I frequent kuantan and kemaman for work. Stayed in awana before, but most of the time i stay at kuantan town area. Anyway now if you want to go can take firefly, budget air direct to kuantan airport. As for resort, i would say clubmed will be better. Or else legend will be ok too. But as for awana and impiana, i have heard many ghost stories about it. the worse one being awana. There is 1 room which is sealed up. Can't remember the room number, i think it should be 244 or 424. Anyway very long story.. lazy to type out. But if u happen to stay there, do check out the sealed room.. maybe you can ask the staff, see if they tell u anything.
    Hahaha, i dont think its #424 in Awana though...cos it was the last room i used.... unless......

Quote Originally Posted by eng60232 View Post
    Hi

I dont recommend going to Cherating during end of the year...
    Its the monsoon season.. It will rain and rain like siao...
    the segamat - Kuantan area is prone to floods now and then...
    due to the monsoon, the sea would also be rough!!!!

Latest time to go is Oct when the monsoon not yet set in...
    me former kuantan native...
    Quote Originally Posted by haqeel View Post
    omg.... thats bad news...
    im plannign to go around the end of November..
    will see about it.

I totally agree with the heavy rain and flood along segamat...November is not really a good time to go. When i was on the way back to SIN, the downpour was horrendous!!!

Yeah its the Monsoon Season

Quote Originally Posted by haqeel View Post
    good day everyone.

my family is planning to go to Cherating for a holiday at the end of this year.
    but theres so many resorts to choose.

if anyone had went Cherating before, which resort will u suggest?

how about the travelling? self-drive or by plane?

if u have any photos taken from Cherating, do u mind sharing it over here?

thanks alot

Route by road:
    1) Sin - Tuas/Woodland - North south Highway - Exit YongPeng - Segamat - Kuantan - Cherating (Driving ,estimate Sin-Kuantan 5.30hrs + 30 minutes to Cherating ) 430km.

2) Sin - Woodland - JB - Kota Tinggi - Mersing - Pekan - Kuantan - Cherating. ( estimate Sin-Kuantan 5hrs + 30 minutes to Cherating) 400 km. If you are travel at night, beware of cows crossing. Don't use this route during the monsoon.

By Air:
    Fireflyz operates on day 1,3,5 & 7, SIN - Kuantan (www.fireflyz.com.my). Kuantan Airport to Cherating= 45km, by taxi, no bus service. There is no standard taxi rates, need to nego.

hope these are useful.

At year end is the low seaon in east coast of Malaysia due to rain.

Anyway club med has special.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12