Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

  1. #1

    Default Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    good day everyone.

    my family is planning to go to Cherating for a holiday at the end of this year.
    but theres so many resorts to choose.

    if anyone had went Cherating before, which resort will u suggest?

    how about the travelling? self-drive or by plane?

    if u have any photos taken from Cherating, do u mind sharing it over here?

    thanks alot
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    hi there.

    I've went to cherating before well my family picked The Legends Resort..well honestly speaking my family again will be going there by car end of this coming month so yup.
    The accomadation there is pretty awesome the place we stayed in was like 200m away from the beach :]
    Nikon D300s|D80|11-16 f2.8|17-50 f2.8|70-200 f2.8|35 f1.8|SB800|

  3. #3

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    i really cant wait to go to there soon end of this year.
    but i need more advices, i mean like recommendations so i'll have a good holiday!
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  4. #4
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Try Impiana Resort in Cherating. A self-drive is always nice. You get to see the kampung lifestyle in that peaceful place. I jst gt back from K.Terengganu and bypass that area. U may want to try Sep instead, that's when the turtles will start cmg onshore to lay their eggs. The beaches are fantastic! The Legends has a long stretch of nice beach! The last time when i was there, there was this cow walking along the beach! Nice picture, but i didnt have my cam with me!

    Enjoy ur hols!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    If you use to drive to Malaysia you may just drive there. Take the Segamat - Kuantan highway (it is actually just a normal road, not like the NS highway) to Kuantan before proceed to Cherating.

    This Segamat Kuantan highway is faster, but along the way nothing much too see, IMO. Taking the road along east shore of Johor (Kota Tingi - Mersing - Pekan) is more scenic.

  6. #6
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Clubmed is pretty good but its really expensive too, but since your driving, why not take the village package? its much cheaper, stayed there for 3 Nights 2 years ago, with return airfare on Malaysian airlines, paid about 800 a pax, had to transit in KL too but i think the village only package is much cheaper, so ya might wanna look into that

  7. #7

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Just went there with family during the June holidays.
    Stayed at the Swiss Garden Resort.
    Very clean & well suited for the family.
    Not too far from Kuantan town.
    Very satisfied!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Quote Originally Posted by hetfieldpaul View Post
    Clubmed is pretty good but its really expensive too, but since your driving, why not take the village package? its much cheaper, stayed there for 3 Nights 2 years ago, with return airfare on Malaysian airlines, paid about 800 a pax, had to transit in KL too but i think the village only package is much cheaper, so ya might wanna look into that
    Hi, just wonder how you went Cherating from Kuantan airport? How long it takes?

  9. #9
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    Hi, just wonder how you went Cherating from Kuantan airport? How long it takes?
    The airport transfer is about 30 to 40 minutes, depending on traffic

  10. #10

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Hai Haqeel,

    From my personal experience, the Awana Kijal in Cherating is money's worth. Me and my family was there during the last Chinese New Year to get away from it all. Although the rooms are a bit pricey they are compensated by the very fair price of food in the Chinese Restaurant and other outlets in the Hotel. Get up early and take a long walk along the beach which has a golf course and shoot the beautiful sunrise. By 6.00 pm evening, take a another walk alongside the golf course and use it to advantage to take the sunset! Golfers would normally be gone by 6.00pm or so at that resort and you would be quite safe from stray balls. Use the east coast route and pack some drinks and snacks so that you can stop along the beautiful beaches around the town of Nenasi for a brief stop and rest. The traffic is sparse and you will enjoy the leisurely drive all the way. If you have got long lens, then get someone in the car to look out for raptors which could be soaring just above you!
    Happy holidays!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    I frequent kuantan and kemaman for work. Stayed in awana before, but most of the time i stay at kuantan town area. Anyway now if you want to go can take firefly, budget air direct to kuantan airport. As for resort, i would say clubmed will be better. Or else legend will be ok too. But as for awana and impiana, i have heard many ghost stories about it. the worse one being awana. There is 1 room which is sealed up. Can't remember the room number, i think it should be 244 or 424. Anyway very long story.. lazy to type out. But if u happen to stay there, do check out the sealed room.. maybe you can ask the staff, see if they tell u anything.

  12. #12
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    I frequent kuantan and kemaman for work. Stayed in awana before, but most of the time i stay at kuantan town area. Anyway now if you want to go can take firefly, budget air direct to kuantan airport. As for resort, i would say clubmed will be better. Or else legend will be ok too. But as for awana and impiana, i have heard many ghost stories about it. the worse one being awana. There is 1 room which is sealed up. Can't remember the room number, i think it should be 244 or 424. Anyway very long story.. lazy to type out. But if u happen to stay there, do check out the sealed room.. maybe you can ask the staff, see if they tell u anything.
    is there a ghost in the resort? or is the room haunted?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    I think it just happen to stay in that room. never heard any problem with other rooms. But someone was murdered in that room, thus a residential ghost there. My unlucky colik stayed in that room once and never go back to the same hotel again. So did the rest of us who use to stay there.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Oooooo~ that sound scary. Alright I won't go for that hotel or room to ruin my holiday.
    So do any of you have pictures of Cherating to excite me more ?
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  15. #15
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    I think it just happen to stay in that room. never heard any problem with other rooms. But someone was murdered in that room, thus a residential ghost there. My unlucky colik stayed in that room once and never go back to the same hotel again. So did the rest of us who use to stay there.
    This reminds me of incredible tales on channel 5 hahahha

  16. #16

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Anyway I always believe everyone is different and some people are just more sensitive whenever it comes to such paranormal activities.

    I think Cherating is a good place to take photo. Lots of nice beach and nice atap houses to take photo of. Too bad, I only took up photography just recently. So nothing to share. I'm thinking of going club med Cherating next year. If I execute the plan, I will definately post the pictures here.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    ive just key in a search, blablabla, and found the price of 3.4k for it.
    1children and 4adults..

    is the price for the ClubMed this expensive?
    or how about other resort at Cherating we could stay that is much cheaper than this?
    as economy is down, we're on a budget. maybe about 300 and below?
    Last edited by haqeel; 22nd August 2009 at 07:57 PM.
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  18. #18

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    alright, after much googles, finally came to a conclusion to stay for 3d2n at the HolidayVilla Cherating.

    anyone went here before?
    how is it there and any recommendations?

    thanks!
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  19. #19

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Quote Originally Posted by haqeel View Post
    good day everyone.

    my family is planning to go to Cherating for a holiday at the end of this year.
    but theres so many resorts to choose.

    if anyone had went Cherating before, which resort will u suggest?

    how about the travelling? self-drive or by plane?

    if u have any photos taken from Cherating, do u mind sharing it over here?

    thanks alot
    Hi

    I dont recommend going to Cherating during end of the year...
    Its the monsoon season.. It will rain and rain like siao...
    the segamat - Kuantan area is prone to floods now and then...
    due to the monsoon, the sea would also be rough!!!!

    Latest time to go is Oct when the monsoon not yet set in...
    me former kuantan native...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

    Quote Originally Posted by eng60232 View Post
    Hi

    I dont recommend going to Cherating during end of the year...
    Its the monsoon season.. It will rain and rain like siao...
    the segamat - Kuantan area is prone to floods now and then...
    due to the monsoon, the sea would also be rough!!!!

    Latest time to go is Oct when the monsoon not yet set in...
    me former kuantan native...
    omg.... thats bad news...
    im plannign to go around the end of November..
    will see about it.
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •