Thread: Hi ALL! ^^

Default Hi ALL! ^^

Hi everyone in CS!
    I'm just a 20 year old who loves to take pictures but doesn't have enough experience. =X
    Just got a Canon EOS 500d yesterday from PC Show and I cant wait to take lovely pics with it!
    Currently I have a kit lens 18-55mm and oso a EF 50 F1.8 II lens.
    Any advice of how to take nice pics with the system and oso do i need extra lens for macro shooting?
    Thanks in advance to those who offer their advice! Really appreciate it!

Default Re: Hi ALL! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ZenithSoul View Post
    Hi everyone in CS!
    I'm just a 20 year old who loves to take pictures but doesn't have enough experience. =X
    Just got a Canon EOS 500d yesterday from PC Show and I cant wait to take lovely pics with it!
    Currently I have a kit lens 18-55mm and oso a EF 50 F1.8 II lens.
    Any advice of how to take nice pics with the system and oso do i need extra lens for macro shooting?
    Thanks in advance to those who offer their advice! Really appreciate it!
    Welcome! Just shoot more to practise. If u want to take macro, either u purchase a separate macro lens or use your 50mm with either close up filters, extension tubes or a reverse macro ring adapter.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Hello...welcome.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Happy shooting!

Welcome to CS!!!

took some pictures but not so ideal.. =X shall upload them when i'm free =D

Welcome! For now, just invest more time to shoot instead spending more $$ to upgrade your equipment!

Welcome to CS...

practise a lil more first.. but when you're really interested in getting into macro, do consider a proper macro lens.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

The key words are 'composition' and 'exposure'- use the search function here or Google to find more about it. Exposure is about capturing the right amount of light (the camera will do this automatically in certain modes). Composition is how to arrange the object(s) within the frame. Ah, don't forget your manual, lots of information there as well. Happy shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    The key words are 'composition' and 'exposure'- use the search function here or Google to find more about it. Exposure is about capturing the right amount of light (the camera will do this automatically in certain modes). Composition is how to arrange the object(s) within the frame. Ah, don't forget your manual, lots of information there as well. Happy shooting
    Thanks! Was watching a video on dslrtips.com! Really helpful that site! haha.
    Will try to improve! Thanks for the warm welcomes peeps! ^^

hi.. welcome... you can learn more by joining a grp.. maybe a 500d club.. or welcome to joing the 450d and 1000d club.. we are planning to merge soon. join us for outings and can learn more.. cheers

sure! but i'm just a student so will be sticking to my default kit lens and my EF 50 F1.8 II =X
    No Fancy stuff! =D

sure! but i'm just a student so will be sticking to my default kit lens and my EF 50 F1.8 II =X
    No Fancy stuff! =D
    don't worry, you still can take brilliant pictures with both lens that you own..

Welcome to CS!

master your gear and dont fall into BBB!