Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Save Little Charmaine - A Photography Initiative

Default Re: Help Save Little Charmaine - A Photography Initiative

I can leave it with you guys i.e. transport it to you. show you how to use it. Once done I collect it back from you.

I think if you are shooting dogs, you should go where the dogs and their owners gather... I know Bishan Park has an area for dogs see link

http://www.dogpeople.org/SGDR.htm

if you for people I think Orchard road is the best place... lots of traffic an tourist which may be willing to fork out some $$ to help. Challenge is to get clearance from the authority.
    MyFlickr
    Look for more and you'll see more

Hi DM

Great efforts to help this little Charmaine to have a chance to survive. Your have put in great efforts to help to set up this fund raising and I really hope the response will be good. There are quite a few CS members who got their own studios and maybe you could reach out to them.

One other more effective way to get in the donation faster is to emails to all your friends and ask your friends to email on as well which I did. All social sites are also good potential to market what you are doing and also to spread the need for donation. Hope the S$500K can be reached soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bblurrr View Post
    I can leave it with you guys i.e. transport it to you. show you how to use it. Once done I collect it back from you.

I think if you are shooting dogs, you should go where the dogs and their owners gather... I know Bishan Park has an area for dogs see link

http://www.dogpeople.org/SGDR.htm

if you for people I think Orchard road is the best place... lots of traffic an tourist which may be willing to fork out some $$ to help. Challenge is to get clearance from the authority.
    I'm usually at Bishan dog run on weekend mornings... will spread the word there.

Interim Update

The arrangements for the Charity Doggie Photoshoot has been set, and posted up on one of SG's largest dog forums. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post a link (awaiting clearance) but I'll post the details.

I'm still waiting to find out how to get in contact with another member who stated interest in doing the Model Photoshoots for CS.

SCHEDULED DATE OF DOGGIE CHARITY SHOOT: Next Weekend - 27 & 28 June depending on response

Here's the post in full:

Hey everyone,

further to my post here about Charmaine, the little girl who is raising money to seek treatment, I'm trying now to work with a photographer friend and thru him, a photography forum to hold a charity doggie shoot.

http://

All proceeds will be donated to Charmaine. We're all doing this out of our own time and pockets and we have volunteer photographers waiting to help out. Any __ photogs who is interested in volunterring please let me know as well. Also, to cut costs and logistics nightmare, we'll only be giving soft copies of the photos.

It'll be a make-shift studio set-up, location will be confirmed at a later date. Each time slot will be 30 minutes.

Charges are:
    $30 for 1 backdrop and 2 digital files.
    $50 for 2 backdrops and 5 digital files

Extra digital file at $10 each
    Additional layout at $20 each
    Maximum 2 dogs, if you have more than 2 dogs, additional dog at $10 each.

We're looking at starting next weekend, ie: 27 & 28 June, starting at 10:30am.

Please note that this is for CHARITY, and ALL proceeds will go to the family. So please don't ask for refund, or book a time slot and decide not to show up at the last minute.

Please email your preferred time slots or any enquiries to
    doggieshoot@gmail.com

PS: Please feel free to cross-post this to any other dog forums

END of announcement in the dog forum

Note: For those who are interested, as regards matters of funds collection, I have made repeated requests to Charmaine's team that any donations be made directly into the bank and PayPal accounts set up for Charmaine as we do not wish to handle any funds, but due to that possibly causing added logistical work for an already overloaded team, another arrangement has to be made. As such, we are trying to see if we can get the Admin of the dog forum, or a trustworthy member to act as a treasurer.

Once again, heartfelt thanks for all those who showed their care and concern in one way or another, and not forgetting CS members who have graciously stepped forward to offer assistance, morale support and words of encouragement.

Each of us just donate S$100/= will do a better job.

Your proposal is good for a longterm project, i.e. setting up funds for .......

Thank you GHK2000 for your suggestion.

Direct donations would be great!

For Direct donations, this is the information that Charmaine's team gave me:

You can make your contribution to POSB savings a/c 249-28205-7.
    For cheque, please direct to Lim Mei Ling, Cynthia, and help us drop off the cheque as right now, it is not convenient for her to bank it out.
    And any effort in whichever areas would also help. Every little bit helps.

Please go to Charmaine's website and blog for more information.

http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/
    http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/fundraising_web.php
    http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Interim Update

The arrangements for the Charity Doggie Photoshoot has been set, and posted up on one of SG's largest dog forums. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post a link (awaiting clearance) but I'll post the details.

I'm still waiting to find out how to get in contact with another member who stated interest in doing the Model Photoshoots for CS.
    All proceeds will be donated to Charmaine. We're all doing this out of our own time and pockets and we have volunteer photographers waiting to help out. Any __ photogs who is interested in volunterring please let me know as well. Also, to cut costs and logistics nightmare, we'll only be giving soft copies of the photos.

It'll be a make-shift studio set-up, location will be confirmed at a later date. Each time slot will be 30 minutes.

Charges are:
    $30 for 1 backdrop and 2 digital files.
    $50 for 2 backdrops and 5 digital files

Extra digital file at $10 each
    Additional layout at $20 each
    Maximum 2 dogs, if you have more than 2 dogs, additional dog at $10 each.

We're looking at starting next weekend, ie: 27 & 28 June, starting at 10:30am.

Please note that this is for CHARITY, and ALL proceeds will go to the family. So please don't ask for refund, or book a time slot and decide not to show up at the last minute.

Please email your preferred time slots or any enquiries to
    doggieshoot@gmail.com

PS: Please feel free to cross-post this to any other dog forums

END of announcement in the dog forum

Note: For those who are interested, as regards matters of funds collection, I have made repeated requests to Charmaine's team that any donations be made directly into the bank and PayPal accounts set up for Charmaine as we do not wish to handle any funds, but due to that possibly causing added logistical work for an already overloaded team, another arrangement has to be made. As such, we are trying to see if we can get the Admin of the dog forum, or a trustworthy member to act as a treasurer.

Once again, heartfelt thanks for all those who showed their care and concern in one way or another, and not forgetting CS members who have graciously stepped forward to offer assistance, morale support and words of encouragement.
    Good work, Bro !!
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

Hi,

May I ask a question regards people helping ? I am not there to assist myself, but, is it possible for someone to approach companies there that deal in photography to assist also ?

Such as, ask a business that develop photo's to donate 1c for each photo developed ?

Ask camera retailers to put in some money, or , raffle off a camera and put the proceeds to the cause ?

Ask photo shoot organizers to put on a shoot that the proceeds will go to the cause ?

I know it is a big ask, and I am here just typing. But as I am not there, I can only submit ideas .

I hope anything of this can assist in any way.

Oh, by the way, apart from a photo shoot organizer (with a heart of gold) organizing a shoot for free (so to speak) there will obviously need to be models that will help in the same way.

Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Those are interesting ideas Pablo!

What we would need are people to volunteer taking charge of initiatives as those. Of courese, if volunteers havd contacts or special connections with such companies, it might make opening doors and paving the way much easier.

Anyone willing to take up the challenge to help Charmaine?

Thank you DM for taking this initiative. I'm eqiupmentless but if you need 'cow' strength and call me . 96992395

Thanks Pooh.

Just putting what little I can do to good use.

Right now we seems all set. Just one last bit of logistics to settle and we're good to go.

We may need a reflector holder so instead of asking for another thread in the services section be opened, Ill just

APPEAL to borrow a REFLECTOR HOLDER for 27 & 28 JUNE 2009

Could anyone lend us one please? Needs to fit a 43 inch round reflector - the 5-in-1 kind.

Thank you for your kind support!

Worst case scenario, we'll get one of the volunteers to be reflector boy.

I'm free on those 2 days.. Can contact me at 98247635 [Cole].
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Thanks Pooh.

Just putting what little I can do to good use.

Right now we seems all set. Just one last bit of logistics to settle and we're good to go.

We may need a reflector holder so instead of asking for another thread in the services section be opened, Ill just

APPEAL to borrow a REFLECTOR HOLDER for 27 & 28 JUNE 2009

Could anyone lend us one please? Needs to fit a 43 inch round reflector - the 5-in-1 kind.

Thank you for your kind support!

Worst case scenario, we'll get one of the volunteers to be reflector boy.
    Can I be a reflector old man ? seriously if need any help just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    Can I be a reflector old man ? seriously if need any help just let me know.
    u paint urself? lol...

think easier to coordinate in background.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u paint urself? lol...

think easier to coordinate in background.
    Si andrew , i mean hold la

Will confirm soon if i can help out as a wrangler for the weekend
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow View Post
    Thanks Chris.

I am so glad that Cynthia & Charmaine have you for a friend. Whatever the outcome, I am sure they are more than thankful for all that you have done. I think we need to get as much funds as we can to her ASAP. I will be giving something to her directly through NUH. Unfortunately, I don't have any modeling lights and muslin backdrops. Will be following your thread to find out the needs and outcomes.

Cheers

engkeow
    Dr Ong u also in CS ah

Blog Entries

Let me know if you need tentages, tables and chairs. PM me.

Thanks for your kind offer PE.

Will get in touch with you soon.

Hi Dream Merchant,

If you need any photographer let me know,I have a set of portable backdrop holder & muslin. Just let me know if I can be of any help ok?
    MY PORTFOLIO
    http://kc27photography.blogspot.com
    I can be reached at 93867798 or kckelly27@hotmail.com.

Warmest regards,
    kelly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast