Further to Poohbear's thread, I'm looking to find out if we could come together and do something to help Charmaine, in our individual capacity.
For more information, we need to read the blogs. I know it's long, but apparently several avenues have already been tried.
I've been in contact with Charmaine's team, and have sounded off several photo-related ideas.
Simply, we could offer, over several forums, different types of photoshoots
The Catagories of Photoshoots we could do can include but is not limited to:
1) Pets - dogs and cats (very likely on location natural settings or mini-studio setting)
2) Children (natural settings, parks)
3) Portraits & Poses (Anywhere suitable)
We would need to brainstorm possible ideas and form a structure of the details before I can write out a draft message.
There is one other very popular area of photography that may help generate quite abit from within the photography community itself, but I'm waiting for replies from the powers that be first.
What I would need to find out is if anyone would be interested in helping out?
Given the scope of what was proposed, we're looking at several areas of skills sets and contacts needed.
1) Photographers capable of shooting each area mentioned
2) CSers willing to lend equipment such as portable lights, modifiers, backdrop set-up etc
3) CSers who are knowledgeable with possible locations to hold the above, preferably without the need for permits. Locations need to be central and easily accessible to encourage doners to come.
I have already spoken with one lady photographer who may be able to help with Cat 1, but I tink we might need a small committee to help take charge of this effort.
Also, we really need help from CSers in the following areas:
1) logistics and planning
2) communication and updating skills (bear in mind, we may be looking at multiple shoots happening at several locations over the weekends)
3) Transport for the core shooting team and equipment
Also, does anyone know if such an initiative requires a Police permit since we're not approaching members of the general public, but going through forums and social groups, and with any transactions happening online, including transfers? To add: I am aware that many charity and donation drives have been held over various forums without permits and this has been going on for many years, apparently, without problems, but it would be good to find out.
Charmaine doesn't have much time left, and we need to get into action ASAP.
Please feel free to make suggestions, and volunteers are more than welcome!