Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    yeah for now the 430EXII should be sufficient.
    Should we add 150 to the number?
    P e r s p e c t i v e

cuz you SENIOR member leh.

Btw, tomorrow evening we're going to Yishun (field behind bus interchange) to shoot fireworks. Event starts at 8pm, will most probably be there much earlier to "chop" place. Can come join us la!

too bad! cant make it for the fireworks sss.... never mind, next time lah. pls post up all ur shots ok?

Just return home from work at PC Show.

Man, Intuos4 is way cool and better than any other Wacom tablets. I was giving out some specials today and sold many sets.

Too bad, I couldn't post a notice here as I dun have wifi access. Some of my friends made a dash for it and they walked away a happy customer and I a happy seller. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    The Photoshop Sharing Session and Fireworks SSS @ Yishun are ON this coming Saturday.

Those meeting me for the photoshop session @ Yishun Public Library, if you want, you can bring your laptop and bring some of your pictures so that you can PP them while I share.

Please include a set of pictures taken with different exposures of the same subject, preferably landscape. This is for DRI.

Anyway, I will be meeting a couple for their wedding shoot at 12.30pm at Bras Brasah. So I might be a little late to reach. Those who reach early can find a place in the library to settle down first and a place where we can use the power points will be good.

As for the SSS, important, please bring your tripod. No tripod, borrow if not, you will regret. Remote is not a must as you can use counter but if you have one will be better.
    Looking at the photos in the 1000D TCSS thread, and existing videos on the website, I think it might be better to take pictures from a distance so that you can get everything in frame. The closest block seems to be the green-roofed Blk 926.

If you're still taking shots from within the circle, our cameras will have to be pointing almost vertically up due to the crowds and metal railings. Also, most of the nice fireworks seem to be from the periphery, but not localized to any specific location so we may have to reposition cameras continuously to get good shots.

That being said, I don't know whether I'll be able to make it. I've been down with the flu (not H1N1) since tuesday and I'm still not feeling all that great. I was hoping to get better by tomorrow, but that seems unlikely now. In the event that I do get better, I'll drop Ryan a SMS. Otherwise, I'll be MIA for both the Photoshop session and the fireworks in the evening.

Thanks for the update.

So I think it's best to go wide and far and shoot from highrise buildings. I hoped we would not caused disturbance to the residents.

I just recovered from my flu.

hmmm so.. the strength for the PS session is down by 2.

Thanks for the update.

So I think it's best to go wide and far and shoot from highrise buildings. I hoped we would not caused disturbance to the residents.

I just recovered from my flu.
    Although I haven't seen all that many photographs of previous runs of this event, I can imagine that those with an UWA shooting up from the centre might be able to get some magnificent shots.

From afar, the top floor of blk 926 seems best. If you look at the photo posted in the 1000D TCSS thread...

there seems to be only 3 flats at the centre top portion of the green-roofed block. So, if you get there early, you might not disturb all that many people. Unless other photogs also go early to chope places.

Latest Updates!

Theme: TFCD Casual shoot

Moller: 3 (Managed to get my cousin and 2 frenzs, but leh all no experience)

Date: 21 June 2009 (Next Sunday)

Meeting Place/Time: Clementi MRT @ 8am

Outfit: 1 set casual

Ratio: 2:1 & max 3:1

Additional Equipment: 5-in-1 reflector, 1 Canon St-E2 Transmitter

Participants:

1. Jimmy
    2. Jimmy’s frenz
    3. Ryan
    4. Joshua
    5. Ramian
    6. Yoriko
    7. JPlim

Guest mentor: Scud (TBC)

Helpers:

Left 4 more slots, if interested, please PM me your name hor.. Those who wanna help, please let me know as well.

Anyway, I will upload their pics later.

Do note, no payment is needed but req to pass CD to me hor..

Updated: 13/6/09

any good deals in PC show?

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    any good deals in PC show?
    A lot loh.

All slash prices. Day 2 only wor.

A lot loh.

All slash prices. Day 2 only wor.
    like simi??

Ext HD abt how much?

and wat gd to buy ah?

if possible might nn u to help me to get first..

like simi??

Ext HD abt how much?

and wat gd to buy ah?

if possible might nn u to help me to get first..
    Wah piangz.. I no work there liao wor for the wkend.. But if my MOF approve me for the iMac then I might return on last day to hoot.

Memory cards and ext hdds are hot sellers. As usual.

wah.. i also got back not long ago from the show.... was accompanying 2 of my friends buying camera.. now i become the technical-camera hotline to ask "which camera to buy ah??"

but, in end, only one friend bought a sony P&S.. the other considering getting the 500D heh. and i'm one tired friend!!

btw, was surprised epicenter had the new 13" MBP already.. but freebies is like no point kind.. keyboard protector, MS office (which i already have), case etc.. bleh. now considering getting the student promo from apple sg online instead. ah...... so many wants, so little $

btw Ryan, tmr PS workshop.. er down to 2 ah? a bit erm waste your efforts leh. erm, you wanna postpone? (not that i'm not enthu, but seems like a waste of your time and efforts bah).

btw, ramian's suggestion on the wide view from the flat is sooooo nice! we goto be there EARLY to check out the spots. once there, set up gears and wait liao.
    Licence to shoot.

i am not in sg..

no PS session, no fireworks SSS

wah.. i also got back not long ago from the show.... was accompanying 2 of my friends buying camera.. now i become the technical-camera hotline to ask "which camera to buy ah??"

but, in end, only one friend bought a sony P&S.. the other considering getting the 500D heh. and i'm one tired friend!!

btw, was surprised epicenter had the new 13" MBP already.. but freebies is like no point kind.. keyboard protector, MS office (which i already have), case etc.. bleh. now considering getting the student promo from apple sg online instead. ah...... so many wants, so little $

btw Ryan, tmr PS workshop.. er down to 2 ah? a bit erm waste your efforts leh. erm, you wanna postpone? (not that i'm not enthu, but seems like a waste of your time and efforts bah).

btw, ramian's suggestion on the wide view from the flat is sooooo nice! we goto be there EARLY to check out the spots. once there, set up gears and wait liao.
    Is it too late to inform vin from 1000D? I also want to have a bigger group though.

i am not in sg..

no PS session, no fireworks SSS
    Enjoy ur trip. Hehe! Shoot more and show us.

Btw, what is Epicenter offering for iMac. I only gotten Pac City broc which is in the same hall as where I'm working at. No chance to grab Epicenter one but it seems like all giving same promo.

Is it free extended 2nd & 3rd yr warranty + kb cover + cleaning kit + usb hub w/ mouse pad (wth? cool gadget or smth? Haha!)???

Is it too late to inform vin from 1000D? I also want to have a bigger group though.
    ah.. ic.. do you have his hp no.? since now its only myself and him? how abt ryu?

Btw, what is Epicenter offering for iMac. I only gotten Pac City broc which is in the same hall as where I'm working at. No chance to grab Epicenter one but it seems like all giving same promo.

Is it free extended 2nd & 3rd yr warranty + kb cover + cleaning kit + usb hub w/ mouse pad (wth? cool gadget or smth? Haha!)???
    ei.. only managed ask the ones for MBP.. not too exciting tho.. some no use freebies
    Licence to shoot.

ah.. ic.. do you have his hp no.? since now its only myself and him? how abt ryu?

ei.. only managed ask the ones for MBP.. not too exciting tho.. some no use freebies
    Ryu seems like he cannot as he got event to cover.

I have vin's contact. So in that case, I will cancel the PP session till further notice. Not so soon though. I had all planned up till mid July liao.

So I shall only meet you guys for the fireworks SSS later this evening. Meeting time will be 6.30pm at Northpoint Macdonalds.

Hmm.. so if my MOF approves, then this Sun, I will own my iMac 24". I dun care what freebies they give so long I got the free extended warranty which is the most impt. Haha! I will try to put to use my sales tactics on them. Muhahahaha!
    Last edited by RyanG; 13th June 2009 at 01:38 AM.

Ryu seems like he cannot as he got event to cover.

I have vin's contact. So in that case, I will cancel the PP session till further notice. Not so soon though. I had all planned up till mid July liao.

So I shall only meet you guys for the fireworks SSS later this evening. Meeting time will be 6.30pm at Northpoint Macdonalds.
    no problem hey, appreciate your initiative and efforts leh! don't despair, if got next round will try work out a timing for more to attend k!! (at your timings and dates of course)
    Licence to shoot.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast