Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283348 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 987

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

  1. #441
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    btw, thanks for the drink!!



  2. #442
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    this is the view from the bridge..




  3. #443
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Updated...

    Can send me the hi-res of this shot to my email - reynolds.ng@gmail.com! Thanks..
    me also want one too...

    jlkk76@gmail.com

  4. #444
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,113

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    this is the view from the bridge..



    Canon 1.2L?
    distracting Bokeh on the grass :3

    Anyways it was higher than I expected, but not high enough to make me scared

  5. #445
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    btw, thanks for the drink!!


    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    this is the view from the bridge..



    Look at the bokeh. Power of f/1.2!

  6. #446
    Member ramian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Full res, unedited shots emailed to Ryan, Jimmy and JPLim.

  7. #447
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by ramian View Post
    Full res, unedited shots emailed to Ryan, Jimmy and JPLim.
    Thanks.

  8. #448
    Member Raylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore
    Posts
    745

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Seems like you all had fun at the TFCD shoot today.

  9. #449

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen View Post
    Seems like you all had fun at the TFCD shoot today.
    yar lor...darn seems like i've been missing alot of outings
    Gripped 450D | 18-55 IS | 55-250 IS | 50 f1.8 | 580 EX II

  10. #450
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Lots of it. Haha! The bridge 'nearly' collapse as there's one more group of shooters other than us too.

    And some of our shooters and the mollers are first time up there, so it's kind of an adventure this morning. Haha!

    And the other group, one of the photog had a close shave. He lost his footing and luckily he reacted fast or he would have gone down.

  11. #451

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Hello! Sam here :P

  12. #452
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Anyway, TFCD done! Now for Pengerang...

    Those going, please be reminded of the following:

    Essentials:
    1. Passport have validity to travel. Do not assume, please check.
    2. Change SGD to RM. Sufficient to last 2 days to be safe.
    3. Bring toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste can share but not toothbrush ) + adequate clothing to change. Quantity up to individual.

    Camera Equipment:
    1. Camera + Lens (Setup is up to individual)
    2. Batts and Batt Charger
    3. Tripod
    4. Accessories (e.g. filters)
    5. Remote (Optional)

    Note: I will bring my multi plug.

    There will be some changes upon arrival at Pengerang. We will flag down a cab to our resort/chalet destination instead of cycling all the way there due to hilly roads and the amount of stuff we are bringing. This is an advice I got from a relative who just visited the place few weeks back.

    Once after check-in to the resort, we will then rent the bicycle and explore the tiny town.

    All good to go? I am.

    Lastly, stay healthy and free of the Swine Flu.

  13. #453
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziffy View Post
    Hello! Sam here :P
    Hello!

  14. #454
    Member ramian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Lots of it. Haha! The bridge 'nearly' collapse as there's one more group of shooters other than us too.

    And some of our shooters and the mollers are first time up there, so it's kind of an adventure this morning. Haha!

    And the other group, one of the photog had a close shave. He lost his footing and luckily he reacted fast or he would have gone down.
    Heh... really quite a lot of us up there today.

    One thing though. I really put my 55-250 to good use sia. Only now realise that anything less than 50mm is really too up close for outdoor shoots. Also, quite a few of my "tele" shots (>100mm) turned out rather nice. Now I understand why tele primes are so favoured for portrait shoots. Bokeh even at f-stop > 4 is still quite nice. Just need to avoid including objects near the model.

    My technique still got problem though. I found it quite troublesome to keep on changing AF points and so was using the AF-lock on eyes and shift to re-compose. But then, had to delete quite a few shots because eyes/face turned out blur. My composition still needs a hell lot of work, but today's shoot was definitely a good experience, especially with advice from scud.

  15. #455
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by ramian View Post
    Heh... really quite a lot of us up there today.

    One thing though. I really put my 55-250 to good use sia. Only now realise that anything less than 50mm is really too up close for outdoor shoots. Also, quite a few of my "tele" shots (>100mm) turned out rather nice. Now I understand why tele primes are so favoured for portrait shoots. Bokeh even at f-stop > 4 is still quite nice. Just need to avoid including objects near the model.

    My technique still got problem though. I found it quite troublesome to keep on changing AF points and so was using the AF-lock on eyes and shift to re-compose. But then, had to delete quite a few shots because eyes/face turned out blur. My composition still needs a hell lot of work, but today's shoot was definitely a good experience, especially with advice from scud.
    Actually dunnit tele primes. 70-200 telephoto can do the job. Wanted to borrow from my friend for this moring shoot but he needs to use it.

    Yup. Portraiture is like this one. But it gives you the chance to fully utilized all the controls.

    Shoot more and experience, trial and error more, composition will come naturally.

  16. #456
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziffy View Post
    Hello! Sam here :P
    hello sam, welcome to the 450D thread...

  17. #457

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    hello sam, welcome to the 450D thread...
    Hahaha I see the group picture =D

  18. #458
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by ramian View Post
    Heh... really quite a lot of us up there today.

    One thing though. I really put my 55-250 to good use sia. Only now realise that anything less than 50mm is really too up close for outdoor shoots. Also, quite a few of my "tele" shots (>100mm) turned out rather nice. Now I understand why tele primes are so favoured for portrait shoots. Bokeh even at f-stop > 4 is still quite nice. Just need to avoid including objects near the model.

    My technique still got problem though. I found it quite troublesome to keep on changing AF points and so was using the AF-lock on eyes and shift to re-compose. But then, had to delete quite a few shots because eyes/face turned out blur. My composition still needs a hell lot of work, but today's shoot was definitely a good experience, especially with advice from scud.
    yup...definitely...learn quite abit from scud.

    even though he spend more time with ur group lor..

    will try to get more mentor for our future TFCD shoot...

  19. #459
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziffy View Post
    Hahaha I see the group picture =D
    care to intro?

    anyway where yoh, xhui and the rest huh?

    suddenly all seem to be gone lor.

    Ryan, btw...how to pp away the pimples huh?

  20. #460

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    care to intro?

    anyway where yoh, xhui and the rest huh?

    suddenly all seem to be gone lor.

    Ryan, btw...how to pp away the pimples huh?
    Hahahahaha. Intro?
    OMG my pimples....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •