Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 987

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

  1. #301
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,845
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    lai lai, we can all do under tables
    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    yeah. tho still a bit sour that it turned out so harsh loh. me no criminal. me love everyone. but me ish easily forget and move on one. so ok la~ hor! got 2 seniors here sayang liao. can la..
    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    neber give chance one.. sob did search and read the terms leh. somemore saw ppl post and close deal somemore, so thought so long (creation -> close deal), thought its allowed.. hai. now have to read every single FAQ or what-so-ever before you do anything.. else... *shakes head* and i was like feeling so belonged and nice to have met so many friends... now machiam dark memories siah.
    after sleeping over it for 8hrs, i decide to answer your insinuations.

    now at least i know where you got the 'advice' from to sell your MB....

    the FAQs are designed for a reason - so that everyone knows wat are the Terms and Conditions for members so that we all can participate in this forum. i don't own this forum, neither do you. we follow the house rules set by the Admins. if anyone here needs a refresher, see here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8466 as to why computers are NOT a photographic item.

    just because some one sneaked pass the moderators a sales thread on a MB doesn't give you license to sell yours. an analogy is, example, you see some one taking an item from 7-11 without paying and is not caught. so you decide to do the same. does that mean you can claim the defence of 'he did it, so why can't i?' and pls dun give me the 'i dunno the rules' excuse. the FAQs are here for a reason.

    and as for all the 'under-the-table' dealings here, pls be reminded also that buy/sell takes place NOT in kopitiam but in the proper sub-forums, subjected to the above-mentioned rules.

    the admins/moderators reserve the right to remove any sales thread that doesn't comply with the rules without any warning, and we reserve the right to issue an infraction to any offenders.

    which also reminds me... you had a previously de-registered account xhui22. now that you have (i hope) read the FAQs, you do know what is CS' policy on clone accounts? you asked in your PM to me how many points you need before de-reg? i think you should know by now too?

    the rules are meant to keep everything here on an even keel. once again, these are house rules set by the Admins. if anyone wants to participate here in CS, you follow the houserules.

    and one last thing - normally, the admins/mods take a rather 'easy' attitude towards Kopitiam chatter. but this is not a blanket license for you to do all sorts of things that go against the T&Cs. neither is it a license for you to bad-mouth CS, or the admin team, in any way and get away with it. hence, i felt the need to answer your insinuations of treating you like a criminal and giving you 'dark memories' b4 it degenerates any further.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  2. #302

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Hi nightwolf75, Mod,

    I appreciate your in-dept thoughts and follow up on my 'insinuations'. If i may say, alot of these had been misunderstood. I did not intended or set myself to 'insult' or out to exasperate the Admin team/Mods in CS. I respect what you guys had been doing in this forum and i salute all the free-self sacrificing time given here.

    Now, if i could explain myself and probably seek another better explained apology.

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    after sleeping over it for 8hrs, i decide to answer your insinuations.

    now at least i know where you got the 'advice' from to sell your MB....

    the FAQs are designed for a reason - so that everyone knows wat are the Terms and Conditions for members so that we all can participate in this forum. i don't own this forum, neither do you. we follow the house rules set by the Admins. if anyone here needs a refresher, see here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8466 as to why computers are NOT a photographic item.

    just because some one sneaked pass the moderators a sales thread on a MB doesn't give you license to sell yours. an analogy is, example, you see some one taking an item from 7-11 without paying and is not caught. so you decide to do the same. does that mean you can claim the defence of 'he did it, so why can't i?' and pls dun give me the 'i dunno the rules' excuse. the FAQs are here for a reason.
    ...
    ...
    I've given my apology in my PM reply to you and i was genuine when i said that. I did not even 'attempt' to wriggle my way out or even claimed ignorance for the most part, thus my asking of what does the difraction points meant and the point to being deregistered or even banned? I was merely simply stating something which i've done in prior to my posting. And i was genuinely mistaken that posting a sale thread for my laptop was 'allowed'. Thus i mentioned the "misled" in my naive "search", and having the need to read more thoroughly henceforth. (no, i did not mean to claim ignorance because of that neither).

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    ...
    ...
    and as for all the 'under-the-table' dealings here, pls be reminded also that buy/sell takes place NOT in kopitiam but in the proper sub-forums, subjected to the above-mentioned rules.

    the admins/moderators reserve the right to remove any sales thread that doesn't comply with the rules without any warning, and we reserve the right to issue an infraction to any offenders.

    which also reminds me... you had a previously de-registered account xhui22. now that you have (i hope) read the FAQs, you do know what is CS' policy on clone accounts? you asked in your PM to me how many points you need before de-reg? i think you should know by now too?
    And as for the "under the table", i assumed you are referring to the posts here in this thread itself, just one/two pages prior? If you read in context, it was when a fellow CS mentioned to 'MSN MSN MSN him'? This is totally nothing to do with the sale of my laptop. We were even chatting and showing pictures by lenses procured. I probably insinuated others to exchange MSN contacts? Serious!

    But even if we are exchanging MSN contacts arising from my 'noise making' about where to sell my laptop, fellow users (or friends now) here were kind enough to offer their suggestions of places to advertise.

    And as for that deregistered account, I had created 2 accounts without remembering i had an account created years ago when i visited CS. (if you check, this current account was opened way back in 2006 and there was a hiatus till 2008 which i came back). Thus i chose to close the xhui22 account by sending a PM to one of the Mods here. And no, i still do not know 'how' one gets deregistered or banned for that matter. I'm concerned and had goton pretty upset with myself on why i had committed such a foolish act to warrant a -ve point in a forum which i had became acquainted with!

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    ...
    ...
    the rules are meant to keep everything here on an even keel. once again, these are house rules set by the Admins. if anyone wants to participate here in CS, you follow the houserules.

    and one last thing - normally, the admins/mods take a rather 'easy' attitude towards Kopitiam chatter. but this is not a blanket license for you to do all sorts of things that go against the T&Cs. neither is it a license for you to bad-mouth CS, or the admin team, in any way and get away with it. hence, i felt the need to answer your insinuations of treating you like a criminal and giving you 'dark memories' b4 it degenerates any further.
    Again, I'm sure I've caused some dishevel to warrant such a articulate and genuine reply from you, I would take this opportunity to extend my apology again. I'm sorry that I've caused much distress too. I've no intention (and so do my friends know) to 'bad-mouth' or blanket curse CS, the Admin team nor the Mods and your in particular.

    Hope this reply clears some intentions on my part and not create further misunderstandings that i'm 'out to stir trouble' here.
    Licence to shoot.

  3. #303
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    i agree with nightwolf75 100%

    if you notice anyone going against the Terms of use, use the report bad post function and we will act on it.

  4. #304

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    i agree with nightwolf75 100%

    if you notice anyone going against the Terms of use, use the report bad post function and we will act on it.
    And i did not disgree to his post too. Thanks for the timely reminder.
    Licence to shoot.

  5. #305
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    And i did not disgree to his post too. Thanks for the timely reminder.
    you are welcomed

    just to enlist your help
    the sale of non photographic item are not allowed in CS
    the sale of photographic items are only allowed in the Marketplace or the Personal Classifieds forums. please help report offending threads/post via the report bad post function

    btw, this grey area of "asking"

    "I have a car to sell it is make/model and X year old, i wonder where can i sell it"
    is also not allowed as it is a gate for under table transactions.

    thanks
    Last edited by ortega; 16th June 2009 at 11:02 AM.

  6. #306

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    you are welcomed

    just to enlist your help
    the sale of non photographic item are not allowed in CS
    the sale of photographic items are only allowed in the Marketplace or the Personal Classifieds forums. please help report offending threads/post via the report bad post function

    btw, this grey area of "asking"

    "I have a car to sell it is make/model and X year old, i wonder where can i sell it"
    is also not allowed as it is a gate for under table transactions.

    thanks
    No problem. It was a *all sweat* lesson learnt.

    Ah.. and the "asking" part, will be mindful next time.
    Licence to shoot.

  7. #307
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Hey guys, i'm sure you have read about the Saving Charmaine, Thread on the main page, i was wondering if the 450D club would be willing to rope in and help a little. What do you think guys? I'm in for it.

    The link is here for convienence. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529818

    GMAN
    Last edited by Ninja23XX; 16th June 2009 at 03:00 PM.

  8. #308
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    saving charmaine? Lemme go find the thread first

  9. #309

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    there is no spoon.

  10. #310
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    there is still the field near NTUC building.
    Yes. The field is still around but got construction there.

  11. #311
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    reporting in!

    any new updated lately?

  12. #312

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    reporting in!

    any new updated lately?
    there is no spoon

  13. #313

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    btw anyone can cfm op selling 580EXII at 650 with warranty?

  14. #314
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    SG, Tie Goose
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    Hey guys, i'm sure you have read about the Saving Charmaine, Thread on the main page, i was wondering if the 450D club would be willing to rope in and help a little. What do you think guys? I'm in for it.

    The link is here for convienence. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529818

    GMAN
    Hi Ninja,

    had volunteered (sort of..) my services to Dream Merchant in the thread also... Now awaiting & hoping that something will materialise soon in the hope of helping poor Charmaine...

    Sigh! Tried to rally support in another local Forum but responses had been very pathetic... despite my repeated attempts to raise awareness... PM 1 of the moderators also never reply PM on whether any actions/ plans can be acted upon to help the poor girl... Thinking of giving up soon...

    Hopefully the one in CS will turn out fine & more people (be it 450D owners like us or anyone in CS or not) will help in any way possible...

    Regards.

  15. #315
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by gundam77 View Post
    Hi Ninja,

    had volunteered (sort of..) my services to Dream Merchant in the thread also... Now awaiting & hoping that something will materialise soon in the hope of helping poor Charmaine...

    Sigh! Tried to rally support in another local Forum but responses had been very pathetic... despite my repeated attempts to raise awareness... PM 1 of the moderators also never reply PM on whether any actions/ plans can be acted upon to help the poor girl... Thinking of giving up soon...

    Hopefully the one in CS will turn out fine & more people (be it 450D owners like us or anyone in CS or not) will help in any way possible...

    Regards.
    Don't worry friend. It's the thought that always counts the most. Nevermind if your attempts were in vain. You foremost tried your best and that makes you a great person.

    GMAN

  16. #316
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    btw anyone can cfm op selling 580EXII at 650 with warranty?
    Bro, it is still valid when Jimmy, Ryan and me asked them last time.
    They said that 650 for local warranty 580EXII.
    450D/17-50 F2.8 HSM OS/50 F1.8/430EXII/85 F1.8/BenroA300EX/55-250 IS/ 35mm F2

  17. #317

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    thursday u free?

  18. #318
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Latest Update hor.

    Theme: TFCD Casual shoot

    Moller: 3 (Managed to get my cousin and 2 frenzs, but leh all no experience)

    Date: 21 June 2009 (Next Sunday)

    Meeting Place/Time: Clementi MRT @ 8am

    Location: choochoo place

    Outfit: 1 set casual

    Ratio: 2:1 & max 3:1

    Additional Equipment: 5-in-1 reflector, 1 Canon St-E2 Transmitter

    Participants:

    1. Jimmy
    2. Jimmy’s frenz
    3. Ryan
    4. Joshua
    5. Ramian
    6. Yoriko
    7. JPlim
    8. jlpk007
    9.

    Guest mentor: Scud (TBC)

    Helpers:

    1.
    2.

    Left 1 more slots, if interested, please PM me your name hor.. Those who wanna help, please let me know as well.

    Anyway, I will upload their pics later.

    Do note, no payment is needed but req to pass CD to me hor..

    Updated: 17/6/09

  19. #319
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    thursday u free?
    simi si no spoon??

    I've gone through the whole pgs...nothing much though..

    all abt apple nia..boring..

    Is dis a gd buy??

  20. #320

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    simi si no spoon??

    I've gone through the whole pgs...nothing much though..

    all abt apple nia..boring..

    Is dis a gd buy??
    same one i have, but this one includes the umbrella holder good deal. but seriously i think you will find the lastolite rip off from tago better for u. at 70+ only

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •