Thread: Anyone a jazzer here?

Default Anyone a jazzer here?

As above, as in versatile in any musical instrument pertaining to jazz. just curious re-ally.or for that matter, a lover of all things jazz.am looking for instrumentalists to do a bossa nova outfit or just well chill!

anyone going to the 3 giants in mainstream jazz gig?am looking forward to it!larry carlton, lee ritenour and spyrogyra!woot!

if you consider FourPlay/ Laura Figi to be jazz.. hahaha.. then I'm it.

Bossa Nova...!!! like it....

have played some drum beat before....quite challenging

Quote Originally Posted by Castlesinthesky
    As above, as in versatile in any musical instrument pertaining to jazz. just curious re-ally.or for that matter, a lover of all things jazz.am looking for instrumentalists to do a bossa nova outfit or just well chill!

anyone going to the 3 giants in mainstream jazz gig?am looking forward to it!larry carlton, lee ritenour and spyrogyra!woot!

Hi!
    I'm going for the 3jazz giants. Got seats are the 6th row liao.
    Been following and playing jazz for a few years, I like to play jazz guitar.
    Ana caram just went to esplanade on tues,25th nov, heard it wasn't good. luckily i didn't go. Well, am still having exams..heh.

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    Hi!
    I'm going for the 3jazz giants. Got seats are the 6th row liao.
    Been following and playing jazz for a few years, I like to play jazz guitar.
    Ana caram just went to esplanade on tues,25th nov, heard it wasn't good. luckily i didn't go. Well, am still having exams..heh.

excellent! my budget only permits me to access the 80 dollars-seating.pity i couldn't up it...

anyway really glad to know that there are people who appreciate the genre still..nothing like a double bass, a piano, a guitar and a vocal to while the lonely nights away!

what say you guys...besides photography...we do a jam sometime...jazz standards of course!

dion..yea i heard...ana performed in a pair right?wasn't really what i was looking for...but if ekdahl ever came here...god forbid..i would pay any amount of money just to see her.
    Last edited by Castlesinthesky; 2nd December 2003 at 12:27 AM.

ooh...you mean Lee Ritenour's coming over to S'pore to play...damn it...bad time to be in the states man...

luv Jazz...but can't really play...so only will savour and enjoy...heh...if you guys jamming...do tell...will luv to pop by and chill...

Quote Originally Posted by Castlesinthesky
    excellent! my budget only permits me to access the 80 dollars-seating.pity i couldn't up it...

anyway really glad to know that there are people who appreciate the genre still..nothing like a double bass, a piano, a guitar and a vocal to while the lonely nights away!

what say you guys...besides photography...we do a jam sometime...jazz standards of course!

dion..yea i heard...ana performed in a pair right?wasn't really what i was looking for...but if ekdahl ever came here...god forbid..i would pay any amount of money just to see her.
    ic. jamming is no prob. i can play most jazz standards on guitar, comping, solo-simple ones at most, I'm having my hols now from NUS. what instrument do you play?

I've never heard of Ekdahl....shall look for it soon..heh. I'd pay top dollar for good jazz/concerts in general so I can see what they're playing etc. There was this international Jazz fest 2-3yrs ago, at Suntec. Went to watch 2 shows, if u it behind, u'll just be watching the big screeen most of the time. not much point!

I just went for Swingle Singers on Sat at esplanade, top notch performance! Imagine flight of bumblebee, acapella version!

'nuff for now..
    out.

PS: i'm going for limp biz too, paying cheapest tix, as I not a big fan.just follow fren to watch..heh..and headbang a bit.