Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photographers

Default Re: Photographers

Actually all hobbies or profession, sure got cocky people one. Last time i siao on fishing, go fishing forums, lots of cocky fisherman.

I took up model plane flying, even worse, cockiness at it's highest level, though got some kind uncles as well.

I took up diving, still not so bad, but the face of most divers are super cocky.

Try joining cars or bikers forum, wah piang, class act.

The lao jiao most of the time will form the cocky population, but they are ok, they earned their right to be cocky. It's the youngster cocks that are most unbearable

Photography as a hobby is still ok, most are nice people in my opinion. But cocky photographers sure have. Worst are those who start their C&C with a *LOL* remark
    Last edited by HeiPiGu; 11th June 2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: .

Really not that award or what pen-is- or isn't talk some (most) photos here are carp. Great touch up title with such impact but contents's like a dog running around in a circle about an axis trying to lick his own tail. Oh yet i managed to post even before mod lock. And old yes some mods also 'Bian Jia'.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Actually all hobbies or profession, sure got cocky people one. Last time i siao on fishing, go fishing forums, lots of cocky fisherman.

I took up model plane flying, even worse, cockiness at it's highest level, though got some kind uncles as well.

I took up diving, still not so bad, but the face of most divers are super cocky.

The lao jiao most of the time will form the cocky population, but they are ok, they earned their right to be cocky. It's the youngster cocks that are most unbearable

Photography as a hobby are still ok, most are nice people in my opinion. But cocky photographers sure have. Worst are those who start their C&C with a *LOL* remark
    what crocky? wait they meet their client say not nice they have to make a living also retracted pen**.

Quote Originally Posted by shootjutsu View Post
    Is there any photographer that you know in CS, like kinda cocky and proud?
    I found out and seems to feel that there are some photographers, who got awards and sorts, the way they comment towards other people, be it in terms of commenting their photos or comments in thread, they tend to be more mean, and somehow indirectly "shooting" others?
    It is kinda pathetic to see some photogs that win some things and became proud you see.
    :/

Share your opinions? Thanks
    I am not photographers can't i comment? I can off course and i am doing it now

Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    I am not photographers can't i comment? I can off course and i am doing it now
    off course u need a compass...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

what cocky? wait they meet their client say not nice they have to make a living also retracted pen**.
    I think the cockiness we're talking about here are towards peers...not clients lah. Cocky to client, later no business how??

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    yea i'm one such clown. i have nothing yet i'm super cocky.

phear me!
    LOL you must be kidding

Quote Originally Posted by boresome View Post
    everything and anything gets into public will have a higher chance to get judgement, opinions, comments, good or bad. it's like being a celebrity. if u can't take general comments, harsh and cruel, then don't post, don't share your shots on the forum, and online.

harsh words they may be but everyone has their fair share to give their own judgement and comments as if they are viewing an art show in a gallery.

always seek criticism because there is no such thing as a perfect shoot and pray you will be better next time. work harder.
    haha it is more towards the side of, commenting casual stuffs, not about photos, something like procrastinating?
    yup, i will keep on learning and work harder, thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    to make it simple and one liner : "because no one owe you a living"

if you dont understand, it means you are still young.
    haha yea I understand, though I am young. thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

maybe you should name the people that you think are cocky and proud.

anyways, i don't see why you should separate people who have won anything versus people who have not. to me, it does show that you have an inferiority complex, pardon the psychoanalysis, but if you did not feel that the award meant anything, you won't have bothered to find out.

some of the best photographers today have never received any awards.

whether a person is cocky and proud or not, has nothing to do with his or her winning any awards. if they are cocky and proud, they are cocky and proud, receiving an award does not change basic human nature. although possibly it gives people more reason to feel that way, even though it may not necessarily be the case.
    nah, no need to name out. this is a forum, a community. it should be fun.
    okay, i should have point out that, not that i am refering to those who have won vs those who have not. it is just a few that i have come across, and have won something before. and yes, i feel inferior cos i am a newbie? lol. it is normal what.
    yea i know there are best photogs who have nv ever won any awards, but yes, it just gives alot more reason for people to feel that way.

thanks anyway.

Photography as a hobby is still ok, most are nice people in my opinion. But cocky photographers sure have. Worst are those who start their C&C with a *LOL* remark
    yup yup agree agree. XD

Really not that award or what pen-is- or isn't talk some (most) photos here are carp. Great touch up title with such impact but contents's like a dog running around in a circle about an axis trying to lick his own tail. Oh yet i managed to post even before mod lock. And old yes some mods also 'Bian Jia'.
    haha altho i dont understand what you are trying to say but, yea thanks for the advice too.

I think the cockiness we're talking about here are towards peers...not clients lah. Cocky to client, later no business how??
    yup yup absolutely correct. i just feel that, this is just a community, a forum to share views and fun but then, the comments that i see they make are, negatively towards peers not the photos, most of the time.

haha it is more towards the side of, commenting casual stuffs, not about photos, something like procrastinating?
    yup, i will keep on learning and work harder, thanks dude.
    anyhow, hope i wasn't offending in my post.

there's a saying that photographers are just snappers.
    and to have a good snap, u alot of hard work to know everything from
    - the technical function and aspects of the camera and lenses
    - eye for detail. know what posture work. know what angle works. this is hard work too. from studying photographs out there mostly.
    - lighting. how it creates contrast and shadows. how it affects the exposure. how natural lights help or know how placement of studio lights work.
    - to even posture. know what are the postures around. direct the models. know what posture leads to what mood.
    - know how to DI and correct your image to get the mood you want.
    - know what you are shooting. know the purpose of a landscape photograph, a fashion photograph, a portrait. don't miss out the basic.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Let say you post some photos which you think is very good but they are not, would you prefer to let people ....

tell you straight on your face that your photos are suck, and there are some ways to improve it.

or

just give you sugar coated poison, like "nice shots", "very good", "keep shooting", "I like it", "chio bu", "sweet model", "good processing" etc... ??

nevertheless, everybody should thank others for spending time look at their photos and post comments about it.

it comes from the bottom of my heart

nah, no need to name out. this is a forum, a community. it should be fun.
    okay, i should have point out that, not that i am refering to those who have won vs those who have not. it is just a few that i have come across, and have won something before. and yes, i feel inferior cos i am a newbie? lol. it is normal what.
    yea i know there are best photogs who have nv ever won any awards, but yes, it just gives alot more reason for people to feel that way.

thanks anyway.
    well..

what is most important in life is balance. drinking isn't bad, it becomes bad when you overdo it. making jokes isn't bad, when you overdo it to the point when people can never take you seriously that is bad too.

so same for photography. take it seriously, but not too seriously. when you can always laugh at yourself, yet know your better works from your not so good ones, at some point in time, from my point of view, i think everyone will realise that you and you alone, are your best critic and judge, because you will always take your own opinion to heart.

well..

what is most important in life is balance. drinking isn't bad, it becomes bad when you overdo it. making jokes isn't bad, when you overdo it to the point when people can never take you seriously that is bad too.
    no wonder no one ever take me seriously.....

To TS,

relax la, it happens anywhere anytime everyday lor. Life is like that one la, jsut learn to take things easily lor.

看开点
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by boresome View Post
    anyhow, hope i wasn't offending in my post.

there's a saying that photographers are just snappers.
    and to have a good snap, u alot of hard work to know everything from
    - the technical function and aspects of the camera and lenses
    - eye for detail. know what posture work. know what angle works. this is hard work too. from studying photographs out there mostly.
    - lighting. how it creates contrast and shadows. how it affects the exposure. how natural lights help or know how placement of studio lights work.
    - to even posture. know what are the postures around. direct the models. know what posture leads to what mood.
    - know how to DI and correct your image to get the mood you want.
    - know what you are shooting. know the purpose of a landscape photograph, a fashion photograph, a portrait. don't miss out the basic.
    wow thanks for the tips. will keep on coming back here and remind myself. cheerios

well..

so same for photography. take it seriously, but not too seriously. when you can always laugh at yourself, yet know your better works from your not so good ones, at some point in time, from my point of view, i think everyone will realise that you and you alone, are your best critic and judge, because you will always take your own opinion to heart.
    yup it applies to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    no wonder no one ever take me seriously.....

To TS,

relax la, it happens anywhere anytime everyday lor. Life is like that one la, jsut learn to take things easily lor.

看开点
    haha no la, seriously. tho i may still classified under the kids category(people may grp me under them, lol), but i dare to say i have encountered alot of things, i understand this is life.
    not that i'm grumbling or cannot take critics or whatsoever la, but just like, sometimes you just kinda feel that, you know..
    haha well, thanks for everyone's care and concern.
    may i see more and feel more things through my tiny-winy viewfinder! cheerios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12