Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed for a new DSLR

Default Re: Advice needed for a new DSLR

HD is good but do you have a HD tv and player? If not it will looks just like an ordinary video played on a normal player and tv. Just my two cents. So to me this HD thing is just a gimmick and a passing phase for technology. And its damn heavy to carry a DSLR for video shoot (naturally hand shakes will occurs)... i think a pns video or hp video (some hp video quality is good!) will do the work.
    Everyone sees the advantage of certain features of cameras differently. Precisely as I mentioned, get a camera that suits you needs. And by the way, HD is more than just quality. It's same concept as a high megapixel camera, would you say you need a good printer and monitor to justify the purchase of a highend camera and that if you do not own any of those, you'd rather get a cheap P&S camera...nop. Neither do we print large format frequently. Most of the time, we're only viewing on screen and printing to 4R prints which technically a 2MP camera would do the job.

Technology moves fast... it's up to one to follow.
    Last edited by rendition; 12th June 2009 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rendition View Post
    Everyone sees the advantage of certain features of cameras differently. Precisely as I mentioned, get a camera that suits you needs. And by the way, HD is more than just quality. It's same concept as a high megapixel camera, would you say you need a good printer and monitor to justify the purchase of a highend camera and that if you do not own any of those, you'd rather get a cheap P&S camera...nop. Neither do we print large format frequently. Most of the time, we're only viewing on screen and printing to 4R prints which technically a 2MP camera would do the job.

Technology moves fast... it's up to one to follow.
    then u are wrong, if u dun owns a good quality printer, how are u going to print out and shows the 12 megapixel wowness? same goes for monitor. If you chasing for technology, make sure u got the technology equipment to match and pair up with.

dun u agree, if your printer is a normal printer, monitor a normal monitor, i give u a 10 or 12 megapixel picture, can u tell?

likewise for HD.

For me i dun follow technology unless i already own existing technology to follow it.

If i had a HT tv and player, of cos i go for 500D straight, cos i will be eager to shoot video and play it on my tv.

but for 200-300+ price difference, i think my pns can easily do the video shooting job since i dun have a HD tv and player, and playing the HD video on my tv, i think its an overkill. So i rather spent less now and more later to upgrade to a better body in the future(and perhaps by then i got myself a HD or even better quality tv, then i match the new body technology with the then tv).
    Last edited by localhost; 12th June 2009 at 10:33 PM.

Default Football fans

Football fans spend a lot of money for their merchandise which collection of football duvet, football curtains etc

then u are wrong, if u dun owns a good quality printer, how are u going to print out and shows the 12 megapixel wowness? same goes for monitor. If you chasing for technology, make sure u got the technology equipment to match and pair up with.

dun u agree, if your printer is a normal printer, monitor a normal monitor, i give u a 10 or 12 megapixel picture, can u tell?

likewise for HD.

For me i dun follow technology unless i already own existing technology to follow it.

If i had a HT tv and player, of cos i go for 500D straight, cos i will be eager to shoot video and play it on my tv.

but for 200-300+ price difference, i think my pns can easily do the video shooting job since i dun have a HD tv and player, and playing the HD video on my tv, i think its an overkill. So i rather spent less now and more later to upgrade to a better body in the future(and perhaps by then i got myself a HD or even better quality tv, then i match the new body technology with the then tv
    LOL... You definitely have a totally different mindset. Rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by rendition View Post
    LOL... You definitely have a totally different mindset. Rest my case.
    lets just say i am a practical person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12