View Poll Results: Are we being taken advantage off?

Voters
695. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we are killing ourselves.

242 34.82%
  • No, this will benefit the newbies.

142 20.43%
  • I dunno.

42 6.04%
  • Its all part of the game.

269 38.71%
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast

Thread: Has ClubSNAP become a sourcing spot for cheap photographers. Are we being taken adv?

Quote Originally Posted by GitS
    You are making a fundamental flaw of reasoning here my friend, please do not mix cause and effect with making an educated and informed statement as opposed to an armchair generalization.

Cause: jump off a building, effect: die.

This has nothing to do with what you know intimately about the industry. If I put a driver into a 400bhp race car and ask him to negotiate a mountainous race course flat out, the outcome would not so simple would it? whats different here from jumping off the building? Its because the driver here is an unknown quantity, we do not know if he is your average ah beng or a 3 time WRC winner do we?

Hmm.. but I thought your initial statement was that since I'm not in the shoes of a pro, then I should not be making those statements? But u can't know everything in order to say something, and whatever information u have is at best incomplete, and that should not prevent one from saying something about anything. The statements were made to the best of my incomplete knowledge. If they offended u, I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by TME
    My first post merely stated that I thought pros were overpaid, there was nothing else in that statement other than to express a popular sentiment and what was an erroneous sentiment on my part. I did follow up in a second post asking for more details. In any case, my conclusions now are that if u really need / want pro-taken photos or feel that a pro gives u more value / greater assurance, by all means. It's only that many do not feel the need for such high level of expertise and hence turn to amateurs/part timers who are willing to charge a nominal fee for good/abd/atrocious output.
    You are entitled to your opinion that pros are overpaid but is is borne out of actual experience or is it because you feel that you can do a better job at a lower price? If we were to extend such dangerous generalisations, there would be no end to the number of professions that we can pick on....are you brave enough to start one about, singers, radio djs, policemen, doctors,take your pick....

as i've stated in my initial post (and reiterated many times by others in this thread), and which i think you are beginning to grasp, is that there are many levels of output required, with different levels of photographers willing to meet such requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Hey guys seriously speaking here........I think you are going back to yesterday's hot topic again. As I said and said again. Call it truce as there will never be ending discussion if you all keep disagreeing. SERIOUSLY SPEAKING HERE..........

Aiyo, everyone has their own opinion but there are some opinions which are agreeable but some are not. Are you all really going back to Stage 1?

Eh you all dun flame me but please remain calm when you press those keyboards............ I just feel realy hot in here

Better go out to check other forums.............

Hot meh? No lar....... Dun fan the flames u notti boy! This is ClubSnap, not Satay Club.....

Quote Originally Posted by GitS
    You are entitled to your opinion that pros are overpaid but is is borne out of actual experience or is it because you feel that you can do a better job at a lower price? If we were to extend such dangerous generalisations, there would be no end to the number of professions that we can pick on....are you brave enough to start one about, singers, radio djs, policemen, doctors,take your pick....

as i've stated in my initial post (and reiterated many times by others in this thread), and which i think you are beginning to grasp, is that there are many levels of output required, with different levels of photographers willing to meet such requirements.

My opinion arose out of the initial comments that the pros here were being squeezed by amateurs and part timers and even pros who "undercut" the market. If there decent (in skills) pros (who had overheads to cover) who could lower their prices, then IMO the top pros are overpaid. I mean, this applies to all professions as well... do u really think that a top notch basketballer is worth >US$200 million over 7 years? Or that a singer should be paid tens of millions of dollars as advance for an upcoming album? Overpaid? I think so. But then again, we know that there is a market for such people - pro basketballers, photographers, models, singers, etc...... and there are people who are willing to pay them millions for what they do, yet it does not change the fact that they are overpaid... so how does it matter whether I feel I can do a better job or not...???

With regard to the different levels of needs of clients and the resulting price scale that emerged to cover these different markets, that is self-evident from the start. However, I take issue when some complain that they are being undercut by those who charge less. As I say, what do u mean undercut? If someone can do the job for less, do u then say it is not fair? It happens in any trade and market. The way u price your services reflect the market segment u are pursuing, and if someone can get the job done in that segment with a lower price, then may u should rethink your charges, way of doing things, etc.... or offer more for the same price, whatever... and if those lower rates are really unsustainable, the market will readjust itself in time to come...

Come come come, we are 20% there, 80% more to overtake, GO GO GO!

* add oxygen, hydrgren, magnesium, sodium, etc to fire...

vince123123
    Guests

Just curious, whats this U/W thing that pple are talking about?

(sounds to me like U/W Control from MTG :P HEHE)

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123

vince, see here...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=26197

i think currently the longest thread in CS so far.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123

U for Uranium
    W for Tungsten
    Sorry I failed my Chemistry (but I very good in Physics leh)

vince123123
    Guests

Ah thanks larry.....and i thot what it was (expecting another controversial thread) hehe...yuan lai its the divers thread (and i was wonderign how come its always at the top of the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    vince, see here...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=26197

i think currently the longest thread in CS so far.

some ppl here really know how to polish other ppl shoes

Sorry ProImage, but as I said I've made my peace with TME because I'm not getting anywhere with him and he's not getting anywhere with me. So instead of going around in circles, I've stopped responding to his recent posts.

OTOH I'm still open to discussion with other people.

Default Yahoo......

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Sorry ProImage, but as I said I've made my peace with TME because I'm not getting anywhere with him and he's not getting anywhere with me. So instead of going around in circles, I've stopped responding to his recent posts.

OTOH I'm still open to discussion with other people.
    YES! He's back.........

Thank you for being so understanding. Now that's more like the spirited! Hey by the way, what kind of photography do you specialized on? Any website to view?

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    Come come come, we are 20% there, 80% more to overtake, GO GO GO!

* add oxygen, hydrgren, magnesium, sodium, etc to fire...

AJ23: 80% more a bit far away right?

I think the original topic has run out of steam liaoz.......

So Pro Image seems to have started one more within the same thread...... like "bo pak kei" right?

Default Satay........

AJ23: 80% more a bit far away right?

So Pro Image seems to have started one more within the same thread...... like "bo pak kei" right?
    Satay Club.............Satay Club...............

Chicken? Mutton? Beef? How many ketupat you want? Very cheap!!!!

Dun lah be like that........feel like this lah

Actually, we haven't run out of steam, I've just decided to stop running around in endless circles with you!

Hey by the way, what kind of photography do you specialized on? Any website to view?
    Me?

I shoot idiots.

Default Haha..........

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Me?

I shoot idiots.
    Your word of wisdom made my day

Last edited by Pro Image; 27th November 2003 at 09:54 PM.

Satay Club.............Satay Club...............

Chicken? Mutton? Beef? How many ketupat you want? Very cheap!!!!

Dun lah be like that........feel like this lah

Somebody feed Pro Image his medicine please.....

Default Taken oredi....

Somebody feed Pro Image his medicine please.....
    Taken oredi lei.............

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast