View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Snow Leopard this September?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea! Will upgrade al pronto!

23 82.14%
  • Nah! Not interested

5 17.86%

Thread: [Mac users]: OS X Snow Leopard

Default [Mac users]: OS X Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard is shipping in September, it will cost US$29 for existing Leopard users. How many here will upgrade to SL? Let's do a poll.

Default Re: [Mac users]: OS X Snow Leopard

Dunno whether it will work for my Hackintosh... If it does then yes!! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Dunno whether it will work for my Hackintosh... If it does then yes!! LOL!!
    I will wait for Hackintosh version

Quote Originally Posted by Lightworkz View Post
    Snow Leopard is shipping in September, it will cost US$29 for existing Leopard users. How many here will upgrade to SL? Let's do a poll.
    Well, any computer bought after 8 june in Singapore, that runs Mac OS X leopard, will be entitled to upgrade to Snow leopard at $18 when it's out. You just have to pay for the cost of the CD and the packaging + postage. This is the information i received from Apple Singapore

GMAN

There should be one more option - Upgrade after the first patch, when all early annoyances and glitches are fixed.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Need another option: cannot upgrade due to PowerPC processor.

I would think that anyone with an Intel-based machine would want to upgrade. Those who started with Tiger haven't had the best Apple experience. Snow Leopard should fix a lot that's wrong with Leopard and put some great things in place for the next operating system release in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    There should be one more option - Upgrade after the first patch, when all early annoyances and glitches are fixed.
    I know where you are coming from, personally I will not update this September, would wait until December and see how. My poll is to find out how many people will update as soon as SL is out in September. Please select "No" for the poll. 10q.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Need another option: cannot upgrade due to PowerPC processor.

I would think that anyone with an Intel-based machine would want to upgrade. Those who started with Tiger haven't had the best Apple experience. Snow Leopard should fix a lot that's wrong with Leopard and put some great things in place for the next operating system release in 2011.
    Care to elaborate what's wrong with Leopard?

Blog Entries

if it will make me more productive, i think it is a small price to pay
    but i will let other be the early adopters and let them work out the kinks first before i upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Lightworkz View Post
    Care to elaborate what's wrong with Leopard?
    Two things in particular bother me daily:

1. The application-based firewall asks me over and over and over to confirm that certain applications should receive incoming data
    2. Sharing an internet connection via WiFi always re-names the "computer.local" name after waking from sleep, so I end up with Zapped-12345.local after a while, because it thinks the name is in use.

Plus, this is the first release of Mac OS X to be slower than the previous release. When I first upgraded from Tiger to Leopard, Leopard was running the same applications at only 20 % of the speed, meaning that Tiger (10.4.10) was 5 times as fast. It's become better but it's still slower.

They're still working on the virtual memory system, though it seems every update changes it. At least, with 10.5.7, it didn't slowdown for a whole week but only for a few hours after the update.

As they said about Snow Leopard, they were smoothing out the rough edges and there are plenty more I'm sure.