Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WAR...?

Default Re: WAR...?

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Oil is the new power.
    funny how my friends tell me that in the future, water is the new resource that people will fight over.

water and food. not oil.
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    funny how my friends tell me that in the future, water is the new resource that people will fight over.

water and food. not oil.
    That will be the time when your grand grand grand grand kids will write on forums saying that nations used to fight over fight, now we fight over water.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    That will be the time when your grand grand grand grand kids will write on forums saying that nations used to fight over fight, now we fight over water.
    according to them it's not that far off. especially food.

something to do that with the non adoption of GM food, we'll be facing crisis point in about a decade or two, if the population trend remains the same.

it was spoken over a couple of beers though so my memory of it is quite hazy.
    chicken fight!

according to them it's not that far off. especially food.

something to do that with the non adoption of GM food, we'll be facing crisis point in about a decade or two, if the population trend remains the same.

it was spoken over a couple of beers though so my memory of it is quite hazy.
    What GM food?

When we have nothing to eat, we dont care whether it is GM or non-GM.

No offence!

Men fight over everything including GF, money, pride, power...

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    What GM food?

When we have nothing to eat, we dont care whether it is GM or non-GM.

No offence!
    the world for now has a violent apprehension towards adopting GM food.

if the trend continues, the world's current output of food will not be able to support the population in a few decades time. this is taking into account the fact that world food supply remains constant (which WILL NOT owing to natural cycles of weather patterns, natural disasters, etc), and if the world' population grows in a stable manner (which also WILL NOT be the case if you factor in the population of third world countries).

it is because of this violent apprehension towards the adoption of such food, that analyst (aka people like my friend who actually did his PhD on it) reckon that a war/wars will break out within the next few decades with regards to food, owing to this and a few other facts which I have not bothered remembering (since this isn't my field or specialty anyway).

hypothetically the adoption of GM food and some of its strains (fast growing food, drought resistant food, low water requirement, etc) may... repeat... MAY ease this problem and possibly avert potential disaster down the road.
    Last edited by terryansimon; 12th June 2009 at 10:12 AM.
    chicken fight!

the world for now has a violent apprehension towards adopting GM food.

if the trend continues, the world's current output of food will not be able to support the population in a few decades time. this is taking into account the fact that world food supply remains constant (which WILL NOT owing to natural cycles of weather patterns, natural disasters, etc), and if the world' population grows in a stable manner (which also WILL NOT be the case if you factor in the population of third world countries).

it is because of this violent apprehension towards the adoption of such food, that analyst (aka people like my friend who actually did his PhD on it) reckon that a war/wars will break out within the next few decades with regards to food, owing to this and a few other facts which I have not bothered remembering (since this isn't my field or specialty anyway).

hypothetically the adoption of GM food and some of its strains (fast growing food, drought resistant food, low water requirement, etc) may... repeat... MAY ease this problem and possibly avert potential disaster down the road.
    You are right

GM food may genetically alter the human being(yet to be proven) but one must be pragmatic. To have a shorter live or nothing at all.

No war make peace!... until one day when the earth is crowded.

We then face another problem. By then war maybe necessary!

water and food. not oil.
    Use Newater!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Use Newater!
    are you willing to donate your money to create water recycling plants in undeveloped countries, where potential conflicts over such resources will probably break out (as they already are with food at times)?
    chicken fight!

sun tzu once said.. 'if you want peace, prepare for War'

are you willing to donate your money to create water recycling plants in undeveloped countries, where potential conflicts over such resources will probably break out (as they already are with food at times)?
    I wish I could. Even UN is having a hard time helping.

Money was given to them but most goes to the ??????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123