Thread: Need help in colorss.... proofing or ?...

Default Need help in colorss.... proofing or ?...

Hi ppl. Im very confused and cannot find the exact information around. I am doing digital editing in photoshop. I discovered that the colors i saw on screen in photoshop, viewing in windows photogallery, viewing in word document, are vibrant, BUT when i uploaded into flickr, it seemed duller and the vibrant is gone. Seemed desaturated. The colors i seen in flickr is the same as i seen on the preview window when i save as web from photoshop. Do i have to Proof color in photoshop to become Monior RGB? If i do that, my colors goes a little magenta. The same goes for my other computer. Viewing on flickr and on computer windows photo gallery is different. Anybody have and advise?I hope to achieve wad i had done in photoshop and wad i view is the same color as wad i seen in flickr. Wad did i do wrong or don understand?
    Canon 40D|50mm|35mm|10-20mm|17-55mm|580 II

Default Re: Need help in colorss.... proofing or ?...

Quote Originally Posted by limdj View Post
    ...... digital editing in photoshop. I discovered that the colors i saw on screen in photoshop, viewing in windows photogallery, viewing in word document, are vibrant, .....

....when i uploaded into flickr, it seemed duller and the vibrant is gone. Seemed desaturated. The colors i seen in flickr is the same as i seen on the preview window when i save as web from photoshop.

Do i have to Proof color in photoshop to become Monior RGB? If i do that, my colors goes a little magenta. The same goes for my other computer. Viewing on flickr and on computer windows photo gallery is different.
    Pictures for Flickr as best set to sRGB colour space, the defacto colour space for web. Please check if you are using colour space other than sRGB colour space for digital photo editing.

Let's assume your monitor is properly profiled. If not then no point discussing further, you don't see what's digitally there in the image. Please profile your monitor first.
    Another question is whether the application used to view the pictures is aware of the colour profile and whether the profile is still there. Your camera will embed a colour profile about the used colour space (e.g. sRGB, AdobeRGB). PS will use this information to display the colours correctly on screen. When you export images from PS make sure the correct colour space is used (sRGB for all web publishing) and the profile is embedded.
    But not all applications are aware of such a profile, even less can properly display other colours then sRGB. Browsers are a mixed bag, FF and Safari are aware of colour profiles (in FF one needs to activate the feature). If the application ignores such profiles it will result in a display made of broad average assumptions and interpretations of data. AFAIK, Windows Image Viewer, IExplorer and other 'standard tools' of Windows are "profile blind".
    To check your browser you can read here: http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_...profiles.html#
    Another thing to note: uploading to certain online portals results in a resizing of images at the server system. These resizing operations can also remove colour profiles.

Blog Entries

if the purpose of your images are to be viewed in flickr
    then set your colour management for flickr display (Web)