Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Fix A Faster Shutter Speed?

Default Re: How To Fix A Faster Shutter Speed?

I guess it depends on different camera models then, but usually the shutter still have to fire for each of the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    this is really a good question which is also what i'm trying to ask next to the masses.
    so would it be better if i use shutter priority over the manual?
    i'm still a learner, so would the shutter priority give me better option when comes to F selection?
    Why suddenly F? Initially you talked about shutter speed. The names of these modes (A or T) are not randomly chosen. The names tells you which parameter of the exposure is fixed (= determined by the photographer). The remaining two parameters will follow automatically in order to achieve correct (or predefined) exposure. Depending on camera ISO can be fixed or follow automatically as well within a certain range.
    So for you the question is: what is most important? Fast shutter to freeze motion? A certain aperture to define Depth of Field? Chose accordingly and you'll get closer to the target. If you are still new to the topic I'd not recommend using Manual. Reason being that the camera is simply faster when it comes to adjustments (e.g. cause of sudden changes in light) and you have more time to focus on the object and composition.

i thought i got a broken camera like someone mentioned and so i called a cam repairer
    this afternoon, after hearing my explanation, he thought i might got a wrong setting on my
    cam. it should not be the bracketing becos i didnt get more than 1 shot when i triggered.

who know what is the fault in my setting?

so would it be better if i use shutter priority over the manual?
    i'm still a learner, so would the shutter priority give me better option when comes to F selection?
    You called the guy, but did he get to have a look at your camera?

And maybe you might want to clarify what exactly you want to find out through your last question.

Wouldn't you just want to use aperture-priority mode if you just want to fix the f stop? (since your manual mode doesn't seem to work).

I'm sure you already know... that the exposure you make depends on your aperture size, shutter speed and ISO. What is the best setting for you, nobody knows.

Actually, the sample picture you have linked is already quite decent, albeit a little under-exposed. Using f/5, you have managed to get a little more things in focus, and the shutter speed at 1/80s was able to freeze the moment nicely. What more do you expect? Well, of course, you could pump up your ISO (but D70 being old generation would only generate alot more noise) but what exactly are you looking for? If you are looking to using a faster shutter speed (as your thread title suggests), raising your ISO OR using a wider aperture would be the only options you have, right? Unless you want to under-expose it further....

If you do not need to isolate a subject from a background (as in your sample shot), then it's ok to use Shutter Priority, because if it's low light condition, the camera would automatically select the largest aperture if your shutter speed is set to like 1/200 (or even 1/80). And even if the lighting does change for the better, your camera would just close down the aperture, which will give you more depth of field, which isn't a problem either. So yes, it's ok to use Shutter priority.
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

it should not be the bracketing becos i didnt get more than 1 shot when i triggered.
    U can have the camera make one single bracketted shot when u engage the shutter button singly as well.

Ryan

yes I agree.
    If you set the camera to a 3-shot bracket, but shooting mode to single shot, you have to fire off 3 separate shots to get the bracketing.
    Exploring! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12