Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: what to get..

  1. #41
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: what to get..

    yes for weddings the flash system is really important
    lens nowadays not as important as during the film days

  2. #42
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by masandisyah View Post
    hey tnx for that.. really motivates me...
    you're welcomed

    remember that you control the camera and not the other way around
    after you decide on the camera for you and the pictures don't come out right
    it is you that is doing something wrong and not the camera
    with this mentality you will learn from your mistakes really fast
    and be the master of your tool

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    Yes.But i belive for wedding u shldnt be looking at body.You shld be looking at lenses.maybe body a 17-55 a sb900 or the canon equivelent
    dat's exactly wat nethack quoted me... k i tink i'm coming to a decision soon... hope so!! but really, i agree wif u.. unless i'm goin outdoors to shoot birds, flowers etc, den the body is not so impt rite?..

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    you're welcomed

    remember that you control the camera and not the other way around
    after you decide on the camera for you and the pictures don't come out right
    it is you that is doing something wrong and not the camera
    with this mentality you will learn from your mistakes really fast
    and be the master of your tool
    thx shifu!!

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    k guys.. it's done.. got myself the long-awaited camera... now begins my journey... tnx all!!

  6. #46
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by masandisyah View Post
    k guys.. it's done.. got myself the long-awaited camera... now begins my journey... tnx all!!
    so what did you get and congratulations, now charge your batteries and go out and shoot

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    so what did you get and congratulations, now charge your batteries and go out and shoot
    got the canon 50d.. thnx for all the advice and views.. cant wait to start man...

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    hi all.. need to know whether i shld get a dry box asap? and since i can get the speedlite 550(i'm not sure issit correct) at a cheaper price(purchase wif purchase), shld i get it?.. j3:16 is giving me 2 weeks from date of purchase.. after dat, price as per normal... or r there good 2nd hand ones?..

  9. #49
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by masandisyah View Post
    hi all.. need to know whether i shld get a dry box asap? and since i can get the speedlite 550(i'm not sure issit correct) at a cheaper price(purchase wif purchase), shld i get it?.. j3:16 is giving me 2 weeks from date of purchase.. after dat, price as per normal... or r there good 2nd hand ones?..
    whats the orignal 1 and special price.I recommend get it coz flash is important if u wan go do wedding or events

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    whats the orignal 1 and special price.I recommend get it coz flash is important if u wan go do wedding or events
    if i'm not wrong real price is $799.. special is $ 599..

  11. #51
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: what to get..

    why don't you just get the 580ex2 for 599?

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    why don't you just get the 580ex2 for 599?
    sory my mistake.. its the 580ex.. but is $599 the original price or discounted? coz i was told $599 is discounted as its purchase wif purchase... pls alert me!!..... tnx

  13. #53
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: what to get..

    No, you can purchase the 580EX2 for 599 when you get a 50D. I still have one waiting for me at JO.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    No, you can purchase the 580EX2 for 599 when you get a 50D. I still have one waiting for me at JO.
    oh i c.. so i guess i'll get it man..

  15. #55

    Default Re: what to get..

    Get a dry cabinet. Place to store your gear and also prevent fungus.

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    Get a dry cabinet. Place to store your gear and also prevent fungus.
    tnx bro.. will get it soon..

  17. #57
    Member NeTHaCk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by masandisyah View Post
    tnx bro.. will get it soon..
    drycabinet is good but if u use your camera often, not that important.

    i have a drycabinet, used to store my films and film slr. my dslr and lens and flesh are 24/7 in my camera bag .

    it is relatively safe to put in drycabinet/box, dont rush ur purchase. take things one at a time.

    unless you dont mind bombing out or spending one time then recover loss slowly then


    oh yeah! congrats on ur purchase, be it nikon or canon, pentax or olympus or sony, for weddings, the shots taken wheter nice or not depends on you more than camera.

    and do get the flash...!

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by NeTHaCk View Post
    drycabinet is good but if u use your camera often, not that important.

    i have a drycabinet, used to store my films and film slr. my dslr and lens and flesh are 24/7 in my camera bag .

    it is relatively safe to put in drycabinet/box, dont rush ur purchase. take things one at a time.

    unless you dont mind bombing out or spending one time then recover loss slowly then


    oh yeah! congrats on ur purchase, be it nikon or canon, pentax or olympus or sony, for weddings, the shots taken wheter nice or not depends on you more than camera.

    and do get the flash...!
    i tink i shld get the dry cabinet since monday to friday i have no time to use my camera... and thnx again.. i'll get the flash soon...

    cant wait to post pics in here.. to get comments n critiques... hehe..

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    near SEAGATE in Admiralty
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: what to get..

    ok guys.. i got the dry cabinet liao... and e speedlite 580.. now a lot of reading to do...

  20. #60

    Default Re: what to get..

    Quote Originally Posted by koljaho View Post
    This forum becomes a forum that you have to fear offending people more than getting advice from fellow forumers here.
    YA LOR. i super duper agree with you. could agree more, can i?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •