Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what to get..

Default Re: what to get..

To TS,

see if you can get a Fuji S5Pro + Nikkor 17~55 f/2.8. Add a SB800/900 (not sure if 900 works on the Fuji.

Its is Damn accurate for skin and white gown. The Bride will love you long time.

Simple yet.. not so 'advance camera' .. built better than the D90, less complicated than D300. All time wedding/ landscape/ portrait camera. :-}

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by NeTHaCk View Post
    i agree here.

with ur 5k budget, if you're looking for a nikon system , here's a rough guide:

D90 body Approximately $1350-$1400
    Tamron 17-50 f2.8 ~ $650-$700
    Sb-900 ~ $650-$700
    Flash Battery pack $350-$400 SD9a
    En-el3e batteries ( for d90)$70-$80
    MB-D80 Battery grip(holds 2 batteries) $220-$250
    B+W UV filter 67mm for Tamron ~$90+
    Dry cabinet 50litres $168

your total cost : around $3788.

note , if you have spare cash, straight away get a nikon 17-55 f2.8 but cost is $2k-$2.3k
    The rest of the cash i suggest u take photography lessons if u have no experience at all

Quote Originally Posted by JT-Fied View Post
    The rest of the cash i suggest u take photography lessons if u have no experience at all
    yah yah! agree lolz..

Dear threadstarter..

its not easy taking pics ... i got so stressed up recently over a wedding cake...

trying to take a good angle and the wedding cake almost drop from the table.. tahnk god i got quick reflexes and saved it ..

Photography isnt all about reading or learning but applying. What you see and what we see are totally different.

I always like to quote " See my life through the eyes of MY VIEWFINDER." whats nice to you is not nice others. one man's meat is another's poison.

dont limit yourself. i do hope you have prior experience in photography and not just another one of those " Hey i wanna be a wedding photographer with 0 photography knowledge" type of person... because if you are.. 50% of the battle lost because some dont last long in this field.. even as a hobby

Welcome and enjoy. you will get lots of support here.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ng View Post
    To TS,

see if you can get a Fuji S5Pro + Nikkor 17~55 f/2.8. Add a SB800/900 (not sure if 900 works on the Fuji.

Its is Damn accurate for skin and white gown. The Bride will love you long time.

Simple yet.. not so 'advance camera' .. built better than the D90, less complicated than D300. All time wedding/ landscape/ portrait camera. :-}

Cheers!
    thnx a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by JT-Fied View Post
    will definitely do that.. will ask again after i go to the free workshop by nikon(if i get a Nikon) or canon(if i get a Canon).. tnx..

Quote Originally Posted by NeTHaCk View Post
    yah yah! agree lolz..

Dear threadstarter..

its not easy taking pics ... i got so stressed up recently over a wedding cake...

trying to take a good angle and the wedding cake almost drop from the table.. tahnk god i got quick reflexes and saved it ..

Photography isnt all about reading or learning but applying. What you see and what we see are totally different.

I always like to quote " See my life through the eyes of MY VIEWFINDER." whats nice to you is not nice others. one man's meat is another's poison.

dont limit yourself. i do hope you have prior experience in photography and not just another one of those " Hey i wanna be a wedding photographer with 0 photography knowledge" type of person... because if you are.. 50% of the battle lost because some dont last long in this field.. even as a hobby
    i noe it takes lots of time, hardwork and effort and also money to be a good photographer.. well.. guess i'll take the 1st step 1st.. get myself THE camera.. and then roll!! btw, at least i still have 50% of the battle.. juz kidding! thnx a lot!

dun be too obsessed with the gear.

i have seen a D70s user with kit lens taking damn impressive wedding pictures, that will put many D3 "aspiring wedding photogs" to shame.

and IMO, using a D300 to learn how to shoot, is a damn serious waste of good hardware. if its me, i will get a D90 first, learn the tricks and works, and get a better body when the successor to D300 comes out. spend the extra money on a good lens, since that is the only thing i will keep for a long time to come.

but thats just me.
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luntut View Post
    dun be too obsessed with the gear.

i have seen a D70s user with kit lens taking damn impressive wedding pictures, that will put many D3 "aspiring wedding photogs" to shame.

and IMO, using a D300 to learn how to shoot, is a damn serious waste of good hardware. if its me, i will get a D90 first, learn the tricks and works, and get a better body when the successor to D300 comes out. spend the extra money on a good lens, since that is the only thing i will keep for a long time to come.

but thats just me.
    hey tnx 4 the advice.. makes sense to me.. anyway i went to the pc fair but only canon was arnd. so now i'm goin to compare btwn nikon d90 to canon 500d and nikon d300 to canon50d.. is the comparison rite? i mean r they of the same levels?... i tink so.. need to decide soon as the fair ends dis sunday.. and they r giving free 320gb hdd, eos tripod stand, memory cards and 2 more things i cant remember.. 50d for $2799 and 500d for $2099.. both wif 55-200 lenses... hmm...

Eh bro, I sell you 500d kit with 55-250mm la. 1900 only.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Eh bro, I sell you 500d kit with 55-250mm la. 1900 only.
    tnx bro.. but no tnx.. as this is goin to be my first dslr, i really wanna get a new 1..

Yeah. New one.

Quote Originally Posted by masandisyah View Post
    hey tnx 4 the advice.. makes sense to me.. anyway i went to the pc fair but only canon was arnd. so now i'm goin to compare btwn nikon d90 to canon 500d and nikon d300 to canon50d.. is the comparison rite? i mean r they of the same levels?... i tink so.. need to decide soon as the fair ends dis sunday.. and they r giving free 320gb hdd, eos tripod stand, memory cards and 2 more things i cant remember.. 50d for $2799 and 500d for $2099.. both wif 55-200 lenses... hmm...
    k guys, guess i'm wrong.. nikon d90's rival shld be canon's 50d rite.. read the specs and compared the prices, i think d90 is more worth it... but i juz feel more comfortable wif the latter in my hands.. wif the sale n offers at suntec... well.. still undecided...

i need help.. shld i get nikon d90 or canon 50d?? like i said earlier, i really wanna learn wedding photography.. went to john 3:16 ydae(btw the service is really really really great!), to enquire. they heard me and strongly recommended 50d. so i did research again by reading various reviews abt these 2.. and i decided on d90. went down todae to get it but it was out of stock. k now my dilemma is, shld i get the 50d as i will be paying abt $200 more for a semi-pro.. or the d90 and get a better high end camera in the future and use d90 as a second or back-up camera?? they strongly recommend 50d.. citing better picture quality for weddings... pls advise me..

If you have that much budget, why not you just rent both the d90 or 50d for a few days and test it out yourself?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

i need help.. shld i get nikon d90 or canon 50d?? like i said earlier, i really wanna learn wedding photography.. went to john 3:16 ydae(btw the service is really really really great!), to enquire. they heard me and strongly recommended 50d. so i did research again by reading various reviews abt these 2.. and i decided on d90. went down todae to get it but it was out of stock. k now my dilemma is, shld i get the 50d as i will be paying abt $200 more for a semi-pro.. or the d90 and get a better high end camera in the future and use d90 as a second or back-up camera?? they strongly recommend 50d.. citing better picture quality for weddings... pls advise me..
    why am i not surprised they are recommending canon strongly.

u held both. which feels better? D90 or 50D. doesnt matter which one u get, as long as you GET THE SHOTs. the entire world has been telling you, its the person behind the viewfinder.

and i did also mention, that a D90 is a better tool to start off with, since it is more NEWBIE FRIENDLY. 200 more, 200 less. doesnt make a differnece at all in the long run, considering that 200 cant even get you any decent f/1.4 lens.
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luntut View Post
    why am i not surprised they are recommending canon strongly.

u held both. which feels better? D90 or 50D. doesnt matter which one u get, as long as you GET THE SHOTs. the entire world has been telling you, its the person behind the viewfinder.

and i did also mention, that a D90 is a better tool to start off with, since it is more NEWBIE FRIENDLY. 200 more, 200 less. doesnt make a differnece at all in the long run, considering that 200 cant even get you any decent f/1.4 lens.
    u're rite bro.. guess i'll hav to make the decision myself.. it's juz dat i hav 2 tots.. 1) get d90 to learn and improve.. maybe after a while, get a better end camera and use the d90 as back up(coz i read that almost every wedding photographers hav a 2nd camera.. 2)get 50d as told by 2 frens(they r using 20d and 40d btw) coz it'll be a better one to do weddings..

but i believe d90 can be used for taking weddings AND are being used rite??..

btw luntut, i really appreciate ur views.. tnx

Blog Entries

go to the shops and hold both cameras in your hands

one of them will feel just right, go with your instincts
    because eventually your skills will improve and you will be able to use any camera to take good pictures

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    go to the shops and hold both cameras in your hands

one of them will feel just right, go with your instincts
    because eventually your skills will improve and you will be able to use any camera to take good pictures
    hey tnx for that.. really motivates me...

u're rite bro.. guess i'll hav to make the decision myself.. it's juz dat i hav 2 tots.. 1) get d90 to learn and improve.. maybe after a while, get a better end camera and use the d90 as back up(coz i read that almost every wedding photographers hav a 2nd camera.. 2)get 50d as told by 2 frens(they r using 20d and 40d btw) coz it'll be a better one to do weddings..

but i believe d90 can be used for taking weddings AND are being used rite??..

btw luntut, i really appreciate ur views.. tnx
    Yes.But i belive for wedding u shldnt be looking at body.You shld be looking at lenses.maybe body a 17-55 a sb900 or the canon equivelent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast