Thread: What precaution to take to ensure camera is in working condition when oversea

Red face What precaution to take to ensure camera is in working condition when oversea

I going for an oversea trip (hongkong) and intend to bring my dad CP5000 along. wat precautions must i take note for the camera when oversea? Else he will screw me if i spoil his camera
    Batt?, Weather?, Xray machine?, thief??, humidity?
    Thank you for all the advise from big bro and big sis here

X-rays won't cause any problems with a digicam. I'd suggest you carry spare batteries and if you don't have a water-resistant camera bag then carry a ziplock or other plastic bag to put the cam in incase it rains.

On the matter of security, don't make a fuss over it, just be very aware of potential theft situations, eg: food malls, busses, hotel rooms and so on. Never leave a camera bag unattended and if eating in a mall etc it pays to keep the camera in sight or 'in feeling range' ie: strap around your leg or similar. I always fit small locks to my camera bags when I know I'm going to be in a mall as it stops the casual thief. Nothing will stop someone who really wants your kit though.

Ian
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!