Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

Bro, I may go to Kalimantan on 22-23 Aug . Rian has settled there working. I am very worry about his situation.

[quote=cakkarudie;5261862]
    Quote Originally Posted by ardaan View Post
    Thank you brother. I am free on Thursday afternoon. Sat and Sun I will be in Bali again.

My weekends schedule till Aug..
    18-19 Jul - Bali, Ubud
    24-25 Jul - Free
    01-02 Aug - Free
    07-12 Aug - Sulawesi, Bali
    15-16 Aug- Cebu, Philippines
    22-23 Aug - Free
    29-30 Aug - Free

QUOTE]

alamak bro, i only arrive Spore 15 Aug. if the last 2 weekends you going anywhere I sure join you.
    Must give me tips/info on Cebu cause i die die must go in August, either Cebu or Davao.
    Heard there is a Festival in Davao on 24 August. So I have Sulawesi (29 Aug for the Festival Danau) and Philippines for my coming holiday plan but not sure which one to go first.
    But will definitly spend time with the children at your Sulawesi Foundation.
    Mio Cade flickr

[quote=RyanG;5261903]
    Quote Originally Posted by cakkarudie View Post

The last weekend clashes with my birthday but would love to travel to Cebu Island with you.
    I am meeting my flickr contact in Cebu and at the same time visit my friend's NGO. But I have to check the ticket price first.
    Mio Cade flickr

Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Lol. Anyway, I'm also heading to Penang with Jimmy pretty soon.
    Penang is my hometown..haha
    Mio Cade flickr

[QUOTE=ardaan;5262174]

I am meeting my flickr contact in Cebu and at the same time visit my friend's NGO. But I have to check the ticket price first.
    Woah. Nice.

Price yes. Important. Haha!

Penang is my hometown..haha
    Really? Cool.

[QUOTE=ardaan;5262168]Bro, I may go to Kalimantan on 22-23 Aug . Rian has settled there working. I am very worry about his situation.

Bro, need to get him back to Makassar. email me if you can think of any other option for him to work in Sulawesi. Im willing to help. But get him back .... kalimantan too far for a boy his age .... especially in 'local construction' industry, where safety/insurance is non existance.
    cakka/Flickr

[QUOTE=RyanG;5262194]

Woah. Nice.

Price yes. Important. Haha!
    he he he, good thing i still have plenty of 'mileage' to claim from KrisFlyer.
    cakka/Flickr

[quote=cakkarudie;5262453]
    Bro, I may go to Kalimantan on 22-23 Aug . Rian has settled there working. I am very worry about his situation.

Bro, need to get him back to Makassar. email me if you can think of any other option for him to work in Sulawesi. Im willing to help. But get him back .... kalimantan too far for a boy his age .... especially in 'local construction' industry, where safety/insurance is non existance.

I don't know how bro. I have not been to Kalimantan myself. But I know many little boys go there to find works. Too many boy laborers in construction sites there. But these are projects from the foreign investors. But how could boys as young as 12 work there. I hope I have the influence over their policy.
    Mio Cade flickr

[QUOTE=cakkarudie;5262463]

he he he, good thing i still have plenty of 'mileage' to claim from KrisFlyer.
    Wah.

[QUOTE=ardaan;5262492]

I don't know how bro. I have not been to Kalimantan myself. But I know many little boys go there to find works. Too many boy laborers in construction sites there. But these are projects from the foreign investors. But how could boys as young as 12 work there. I hope I have the influence over their policy.
    you cannot fight the 'policy' there ... too risky as you are an outsider, and its not our 'home turf' like Sulawesi. Need to find a way for him to evade/escape the syndicate and make his way home.
    cakka/Flickr

[QUOTE=cakkarudie;5262530]

you cannot fight the 'policy' there ... too risky as you are an outsider, and its not our 'home turf' like Sulawesi. Need to find a way for him to evade/escape the syndicate and make his way home.
    Taking my hats off the both of you and get me thinking seriously again that should I go lend a hand and help because my church missions teams actually set foot upon Sulawesi before but I could not go back then due to studies.

[quote=cakkarudie;5262530]

He has friends with him. So you know boys always look for adventure. I am ok for him to work there, but at 14 year old he is underage.
    Mio Cade flickr

[quote=RyanG;5262535]

Taking my hats off the both of you and get me thinking seriously again that should I go lend a hand and help because my church missions teams actually set foot upon Sulawesi before but I could not go back then due to studies.
    Hi bro, it is a long term commitment and not like what SIF or other schools' welfare clubs do by just sending students there to build something and leave We Singaporeans always look for a win win partnership. That means to elarn and take back something even when helping the poor. There is always string attached. As you know we Christian believe that love has no string attached..haha... so I am talking about being part of the lives. You got to face prosecution, threats, resistant, etc just to help one kid.. I have been through that for 9 years in Sulawesi.. many life threatening experiences... I am not about to give up but just feel very sad.
    Mio Cade flickr

[QUOTE=ardaan;5262838]

Hi bro, it is a long term commitment and not like what SIF or other schools' welfare clubs do by just sending students there to build something and leave We Singaporeans always look for a win win partnership. That means to elarn and take back something even when helping the poor. There is always string attached. As you know we Christian believe that love has no string attached..haha... so I am talking about being part of the lives. You got to face prosecution, threats, resistant, etc just to help one kid.. I have been through that for 9 years in Sulawesi.. many life threatening experiences... I am not about to give up but just feel very sad.

[QUOTE=ardaan;5262838]

If given a chance, I will do missions. But I'm tied down to my studies and it's costing a bomb.

Anyway, tmr I'm going for a missions talk so will take it from there.

[quote=RyanG;5264702]

If given a chance, I will do missions. But I'm tied down to my studies and it's costing a bomb.

Anyway, tmr I'm going for a missions talk so will take it from there.
    I remember the first mission trip I went was in 1993...but to Saigon. I have pictures in my Flickr
    Mio Cade flickr

[QUOTE=ardaan;5264845]

I remember the first mission trip I went was in 1993...but to Saigon. I have pictures in my Flickr
    Woo.

If time permits, I dun mind following you to help a bit at your foundation at Sulawesi.

[quote=RyanG;5264950]

Woo.

If time permits, I dun mind following you to help a bit at your foundation at Sulawesi.

Heehee..there is a group of YEP students / teachers going there to build a computer lab for them in November..u may consider joining them.

As for my work is more dangerous...haha , we deal with advocacy...like to go against injustice and fight against 'mafia' and to rescue a child out from hazardous environment, etc... so must have a ready heart Anyway, you have to pray about it. I will share with everyone (those interested) more about what I have gone through and how I overcome them...long but interesting story. May be over kopi session..haha
    Mio Cade flickr

[QUOTE=ardaan;5264999]

Heehee..there is a group of YEP students / teachers going there to build a computer lab for them in November..u may consider joining them.

As for my work is more dangerous...haha , we deal with advocacy...like to go against injustice and fight against 'mafia' and to rescue a child out from hazardous environment, etc... so must have a ready heart Anyway, you have to pray about it. I will share with everyone (those interested) more about what I have gone through and how I overcome them...long but interesting story. May be over kopi session..haha
    No problem, bro. About the Nov trip, I have to consider as I will still be having classes.

Anyway... In God We Trust.

[QUOTE=ardaan;5264845]

[QUOTE=RyanG;5264950]

Woo.

What bro Thomas does really make him an extraordinary person. Salute

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast