Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283348 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1000

Thread: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

  1. #441
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post
    It's true the man behind the cam can never be beat but the man behind a bigger better shinier cam will be.. better.. =/

    I wanna be the man behind that 5dmkII with attached with lens with silly red rubber bands.. so I can hang it around my neck and look cool.. =(

    On another note.. I neeeeeedddd composition training!!! People are saying my photos lack compositions.. So any sifu wanna adopt me?

    Eh bro.who says ur work lack compo..ur work inspire me u noe.. i can say i enjoy looking my 1000Der fotos-fotos. all are interesting. Eh u got mark 2..CILAKA.. tu tua ganyut chakka..nak beli L lens..hahaha.

    Abg chakka ..thur go where sss. ? hehehe
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

  2. #442

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    [QUOTE=

    Abg chakka ..thur go where sss. ? hehehe [/QUOTE]

    u traitor not welcome to join us .... go play far far.

    Buzz u 2nite la, maybe 2moro we go Bangkok sss and charge battery ok. Dont say cannot.
    cakka/Flickr

  3. #443
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    409

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinsg View Post
    wah!!! don't leave me here alone!!
    i haven even officially join u guys on any outing yet!!!
    im still waiting for dear Meiyin to organise for us....

    Remember it was her turn to plan?

  4. #444

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    who going buangkok? when? Can I join? I want to learn from you guys!!

    Thanks Fatahhhhh!!!

    In my dreams only can I hold the 5D.

  5. #445
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Cakka.

    Look and try Sigma 12-24 other than Tokina 11-16.

    It does not have constant aperture of f/2.8. After reading up a bit this morning, I find out that, what the heck do I need f/2.8 when most of the time when I'm using an UWA, I'm stopping down to at least f/8 or even for group or table shots at f/5.6.

    And the best part, the lens is built for FF. Price abit higher though.

  6. #446

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Cakka.

    Look and try Sigma 12-24 other than Tokina 11-16.

    It does not have constant aperture of f/2.8. After reading up a bit this morning, I find out that, what the heck do I need f/2.8 when most of the time when I'm using an UWA, I'm stopping down to at least f/8 or even for group or table shots at f/5.6.

    And the best part, the lens is built for FF. Price abit higher though.
    then it won't be an UWA on the 50D.

  7. #447
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    then it won't be an UWA on the 50D.
    Still not too bad.

    I tried it on my 450D. The wideness just blew me away.

    Used it to shoot a group photo of nearly 200pax.

  8. #448

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Still not too bad.

    I tried it on my 450D. The wideness just blew me away.

    Used it to shoot a group photo of nearly 200pax.
    ya i saw that

  9. #449
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    ya i saw that
    Hehe! =)

    Now I'm thinking of it. But the one thing the lens is putting me off is the frontal part.

    The petal hood is fixed. So in order to mount a screw-in type of filter, you have to use the holder that comes with it.

  10. #450

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Cakka.

    Look and try Sigma 12-24 other than Tokina 11-16.

    It does not have constant aperture of f/2.8. After reading up a bit this morning, I find out that, what the heck do I need f/2.8 when most of the time when I'm using an UWA, I'm stopping down to at least f/8 or even for group or table shots at f/5.6.

    And the best part, the lens is built for FF. Price abit higher though.

    f2.8 is pretty useful for street shots and weddings too.. you can use f4 for really sharp shots at a reasonable iso.

  11. #451
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post
    f2.8 is pretty useful for street shots and weddings too.. you can use f4 for really sharp shots at a reasonable iso.
    Wah bro. You use ur UWA to do street? So wide wor, everything kena captured.

    For weddings, yeah.. it can yield good results.

  12. #452

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Cakka.

    Look and try Sigma 12-24 other than Tokina 11-16.

    It does not have constant aperture of f/2.8. After reading up a bit this morning, I find out that, what the heck do I need f/2.8 when most of the time when I'm using an UWA, I'm stopping down to at least f/8 or even for group or table shots at f/5.6.

    And the best part, the lens is built for FF. Price abit higher though.
    Ryan, thanks. another one to consider. agree with the F stop especially for landscape.

    On another note, the Pengerang Trip I may bring my nephew along. He's Scotland based and coming home soon for holiday.
    cakka/Flickr

  13. #453
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by cakkarudie View Post
    Ryan, thanks. another one to consider. agree with the F stop especially for landscape.

    On another note, the Pengerang Trip I may bring my nephew along. He's Scotland based and coming home soon for holiday.
    Woo. The more the merrier.

    Still thinking which UWA to rent for Pengerang trip.

    But if you not intending to switch to FF, then tokina 11-16, Sigma 10-20, Canon 10-22. Tamron has its 10-24 but dunno market now have or not.

  14. #454

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Woo. The more the merrier.

    Still thinking which UWA to rent for Pengerang trip.

    But if you not intending to switch to FF, then tokina 11-16, Sigma 10-20, Canon 10-22. Tamron has its 10-24 but dunno market now have or not.
    Cakka you sabo me lah .. I am trying very hard not to think of BBB UWA and between you and Ryan .. now I gian again.

    I see Draken's 11-16 shots I very inspired leh (BTW Draken .. if your shots lack composition then there is no hope for me liow .. I have been 'stealing' your composition ideas as much as I can )

    Ryan: I was leaning towards the 11-16 (at some point in time now no money) but you have a good point about needing the 2.8 for wide angle shots .. i just like the slight distortions UWA lenses give. If it wasnt so expensive I would consider getting a fisheye

  15. #455
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    Cakka you sabo me lah .. I am trying very hard not to think of BBB UWA and between you and Ryan .. now I gian again.

    I see Draken's 11-16 shots I very inspired leh (BTW Draken .. if your shots lack composition then there is no hope for me liow .. I have been 'stealing' your composition ideas as much as I can )

    Ryan: I was leaning towards the 11-16 (at some point in time now no money) but you have a good point about needing the 2.8 for wide angle shots .. i just like the slight distortions UWA lenses give. If it wasnt so expensive I would consider getting a fisheye
    Approx selling price:

    Tokina 10-17 Fish Eye: $799 (Not for FF)
    Tokina 11-16 f/2.8: $950 (Not for FF)
    Tokina 12-24 f/4: $900+

    Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6: $890 (Not for FF)
    Sigma 10-20 f/3.5: $1000 (Not for FF)
    Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6: $1300

    Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5: $1100

    All have good reviews, so it's a tough choice.

  16. #456

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    Cakka you sabo me lah .. I am trying very hard not to think of BBB UWA and between you and Ryan .. now I gian again.

    I see Draken's 11-16 shots I very inspired leh (BTW Draken .. if your shots lack composition then there is no hope for me liow .. I have been 'stealing' your composition ideas as much as I can )

    Ryan: I was leaning towards the 11-16 (at some point in time now no money) but you have a good point about needing the 2.8 for wide angle shots .. i just like the slight distortions UWA lenses give. If it wasnt so expensive I would consider getting a fisheye
    Wahaha.. Thanks bro.. But I'm still not there yet.. Trying stuff.. learning stuff.. I read abit of RyangG compo website but skipped alot.. No wonder my compo fail... =/

    Yeap it's true I use UWA to shoot street shots.. than I crop when necessary to get the image i like.

  17. #457
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post
    Wahaha.. Thanks bro.. But I'm still not there yet.. Trying stuff.. learning stuff.. I read abit of RyangG compo website but skipped alot.. No wonder my compo fail... =/

    Yeap it's true I use UWA to shoot street shots.. than I crop when necessary to get the image i like.
    Wah. A lot of cropping to be done hor.

  18. #458
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Anyway, whoever is interested in a free Basic Photography for DSLR users conducted by Canon, please kindly put your name down at this thread.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533540

    I am just helping another CS-er to help fill up the slots. Limited to 20 and 20 to start the class going.

    Please note that this is a Basic Photography Class and not the Free Product Training that comes with your purchase of your camera.

  19. #459

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    guys.. the trip how.. whats the list now.. i understand lucas(just2ofus) cant make it now cos last min got sat classes.. any new comer or anyone else backing out?

  20. #460
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by deepster View Post
    guys.. the trip how.. whats the list now.. i understand lucas(just2ofus) cant make it now cos last min got sat classes.. any new comer or anyone else backing out?
    huh? shyt man.

    Anyway, like I say the trip will go on no matter what.

    So lucas out. Unless cakka bring his nephew along, it's down to five. Accomodation become cheaper as can get smaller chalet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •