Thread: Batam Getaway + Know-how's

Woodlands, Singapore

Question Batam Getaway + Know-how's

Hi guys,

My friends and I are planning a double date cum getaway to Batam this coming weekend which means 2 of us couples will be going. It's gonna be a 2 days 1 night trip.

We're wondering how to go there and where to find somewhere where we can enjoy a relaxing spa and maybe do some interesting activities like sports or games (eg. paintball, jet skiing, etc.).

We have a friend working in Penguin so we're going ahead to book tickets through her. However, we're clueless as to booking accomodation and travelling around. We're not keen to take up travel packages as we feel we can DIY and we don't want to pay that extra $ to agents too.

I bet a lot of you must have been to Batam before and would thus like to ask you guys for enlightenment. Hope you guys can share things like where have you gone for spa that's affordable and good, the exact location of it, prices and so on. It'll be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Planet Gaia

Default Re: Batam Getaway + Know-how's

Going to Batam is quite easy. In fact my girlfriend just came back from there with her colleagues. They just bought the ferrt tickets and book teh hotel online and the hotel will arrange for someone to pick you up from the ferry terminal and bring you to the hotel. Just read up a bit on the hotels and places of interest there.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Blog Entries

how about club med, fun, food, drinks all in, just worry about enjoying yourselves

You can try Harris resort, nongsa resort, or marina city there...quite a nice place..but becarefull if u bring expensive equipments like ur dslr..just a piece of advice
    Last edited by sheaffey; 3rd June 2009 at 07:49 PM.
    No photographer is as good as the simplest camera