Thread: weekend photoshoot at the bay, the night before and the morning after

Default weekend photoshoot at the bay, the night before and the morning after

Plan to organize a overnight photoshoot at Marina Bay, ie from Esplanade through Merlion Park, title "THE NIGHT BEFORE AND THE MORNING AFTER". Would like to also interview the subjects on any issues under the sun in hope to also create awareness regarding current situation, what the younger generation thinks about . Writing is not a problem as the lighting there is good.

Date has not been confirm but will be on a saturday night. It will last 12 hours, 2000hr to 0800hr.

I choose Marina Bay because it is a what you call "Happening Place". At the Esplanade, you have Embassy. Over at the Merlion Park, you have Centro. Both at operating till morning .

Don't what it to be a 24hr shootout, to big a project .

But I do need a lot of help from the senior CS as this is the first time I am organizing such project.

The plan is to have 2 groups, 2 newbies (like myself ) and a senior per team. Hence total of 6 pax. No limit to the equipment, ie, negative, slides, DCC, DSLR .

Also, need advice from Seniors on how many roll of film/slide to shoot (for conventional camera), how to organize and present the project etc .

Needs alot of support on this one

Name (newbies)
    1) DennisKee
    2)
    3)
    4)

Senior CS
    1)
    2)
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Hmm, here's my two cents:

1) Firstly, how to distinguish between Senior and non-Senior CS members?
    2) I don't really interpret your subject of the project. Is it people or location shoot? More details could be useful.
    3) No of rolls of film used is subjective. No one can tell you for sure how many rolls to use. But usually if I am going for such a project, I'll bring at least 10 rolls (135 format) or 20 rolls (120 format).
    4) What do you mean by presenting the project?
    5) What do you need to know about organising? We can help if you can provide more details.
    6) I assume you would be going to Embassy and Centro as you mentioned? Wonder if photography is allowed, and I wonder even more whether the people there would allow you to take them (remember a lot of ah bengs and ah lians)

Thanks for raising these questions.
    1) By Senior I mean non-newbies because us, the newbies are not strong photographer, hence needs advice every now and then. Its like a field trip.
    2) This project consists of buildings (Esplanade, Merlion, Fullerton 1, Memorial), candid street (the people) and sceneries (Sun Rise). Two ways to look at this, doing one type of photography will be very indepth. Doing more may appeal to greater mass. But I may be wrong
    3) No. of rolls may be up to individual. But I have shot 2 rolls for the night and morning (saving$$). With a bigger group, we can be selective about which photos to include in the final product
    4) Presenting the project in the web, exhibit photos (may be too high a target for us newbies) or just a simple show and tell during one of the SEED
    5) Not sure about this part, too much to ask, do'nt know where to start
    6) No intention to shoot in the pubs. Just along the Bay Esplande, Qeen Elizabeth Walk and Merlion Park, as per title of this project. Taking photos of the people is not a problem. Taken before, but turn out to be bad (newbies mah) They are willing to talk to you too.

Pls give more suggestions. Thanks.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.