Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Self-Drive To Malacca

Default Re: Self-Drive To Malacca

Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post

Try the 'chicken rice ball', look for the store with more people inside. I cannot remember the name of the shop...

The 'Eye on M'sia has just open, thought smaller then Sg flyer. But it is cheap. only RM20
    Please dun try that shop, the food very sucking bad and expensive.
    The "Eye on M'sia" is a good recomend.

Quote Originally Posted by HKSfz18 View Post
    Was only there for 2D1N. Parked the car at the hotel. Frens wanted to shop so we went to the 2 shopping malls closiest to Holiday Inn where we stayed. Makota mall and ???

At nite went to Jonker street for the nite market.Musuem and other tourist attraction is just ard Jonker street. If u lazy to walk, can take those trishaw to get from one place to another.
    either 12-14RM fixed price IIRC.

Chicken rice ball has afew shops. the shop which looks rundown is the more famous one but i went to another bigger shop which is nicely decorated which seems has a history handed down. Anyway, i feel S'pore chicken rice is nicer.

Do try the chendol. much better than S'pore.

Went to another nonya restaurant recommeded by the hotel but was disappointed by the food.

Didnt have much chance to do any photo shooting and pardon me if i didnt state any names of shops, malls etc cos i cant remember lol
    Ya my intinery almost same 3D2N, park and walk around for makan and photo-taking. Beside chendol any good food you have tried?

just a tip given by one of the friendly fruit seller uncle at one of the R&R along NSH:

WIth the long nevernding roads that awaits you, im sure anyone would be tempted to speed.

How do you know when its safe to speed? look at Tour Coaches.

if you notice that the tour coaches are speeding, say about 110-130km/h then its probably safe to speed along with them.

but if you notice that they are keeping it 90km/hr.. then you better stick to the speed limit. which is 110km/h (i think).

reason being that these coach drivers all are connected through walkie talkies, and they will update all in their walkie talkie range if there's any cops.

Not sure how reliable is this tip.. however once i accidentally tuned in to the coach drivers conversation on my walkie talkie.. but didnt really understand what they were saying.
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by reaper3075 View Post
    just a tip given by one of the friendly fruit seller uncle at one of the R&R along NSH:

WIth the long nevernding roads that awaits you, im sure anyone would be tempted to speed.

if you notice that the tour coaches are speeding, say about 110-130km/h then its probably safe to speed along with them.

but if you notice that they are keeping it 90km/hr.. then you better stick to the speed limit. which is 110km/h (i think).

reason being that these coach drivers all are connected through walkie talkies, and they will update all in their walkie talkie range if there's any cops.

Not sure how reliable is this tip.. however once i accidentally tuned in to the coach drivers conversation on my walkie talkie.. but didnt really understand what they were saying.
    nowadays they keep to the speed limit of 110km/h. i always bring my gps along when i'm in the coach, at most 120 when they are overtaking. If i'm not wrong some coach companies installed black box in the coach to record the drivers driving speed

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Ya my intinery almost same 3D2N, park and walk around for makan and photo-taking. Beside chendol any good food you have tried?
    the char shao from the chicken rice shop taste yummy that is if u like char shao to be hard and slightly charred. other than tat, none to recommend. even the hotel's breakfast is horrible...so its up to u to recce. good luck in finding nice food and enjoy yr holiday.

eat pizza at coconut house, very nice! it is behind jonker street

Norh-South Highway, exit Ayer Keroh (pls note that there is no exit that say 'Melacca', following sign board which says 'Bandar Raya' which means City and you will reach the famous ruin of St. Paul Church. That is the city centre

Get a GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Try 六味 (chengteng) and 尤鱼雍菜 (squid kangkong) near Mahkota Parade hawker, there is also one famous 碌碌 (steamboat on a stick) near to The Store....but don't know how to give you the direction

There are few things you that is a must eat which is not mentioned here, satay celup at Capitol or Ong Kim Swee (I personally like the one at Capitol) and pork satay at Jalan PM4, which is a branch from Syed Abdul Aziz. And if you like cendol, stall 88 at Jonker is very good, but lots of people. Average que time for the good food in Melaka is around 30-45 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper3075 View Post

I will not go with that, because I have seen tour buses being caught, what I would recommend will be keep to the left if there is no car in front of you and keep to 110kmh and if you would like to overtake, you can go up to 140kmh, and with this at least you can justify that you need to overtake them as they are travelling at slow speed, if you are stopped. But in any case, just put around RM50 in your wallet, and not more than that, as they police in M'sia are greedy if they see more.

Welcome to Melaka..

If you are coming from south, maybe you can try to exit at JASIN/MERLIMAU exit.. at about kilometer 180. It just 1 exit before AYER KEROH. During weekend or PH, usually there will be heavy traffic and you might caught in jam in between Ayer Keroh tol towards town.

Happy holiday..
    my flickr

Quote Originally Posted by malek View Post
    Welcome to Melaka..

If you are coming from south, maybe you can try to exit at JASIN/MERLIMAU exit.. at about kilometer 180. It just 1 exit before AYER KEROH. During weekend or PH, usually there will be heavy traffic and you might caught in jam in between Ayer Keroh tol towards town.

Happy holiday..
    Second that, I was jammed there for close to 45 mins last weekend. Sigh. I will try the new exit next time round

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalize View Post
    I will not go with that, because I have seen tour buses being caught, what I would recommend will be keep to the left if there is no car in front of you and keep to 110kmh and if you would like to overtake, you can go up to 140kmh, and with this at least you can justify that you need to overtake them as they are travelling at slow speed, if you are stopped. But in any case, just put around RM50 in your wallet, and not more than that, as they police in M'sia are greedy if they see more.
    bro... as long as you are over 110km/h you are consider speeding, regardless of 111km/h or 140km/h. There is nothing you can justify or give excuse about you trying to overtake. btw nowsaday, TP/police didnt really station at one place to catch you. They drive along with a mobile speed camera.... once they catch you speeding they will hot persuit you will siren and headlight on!! So you ll need to stop and surrender you driving licence. They are not interested with you RM50 or RM100 at all!. However you can still try..but hope that you wont end up being sue another serious offen, "kopi police"..

bro Tantalize, dont need to rent a malaysia car lah.. there are so many sg car in malacca... furthermore if you park at crowded area..then most likely you are safe..just that.. few dents at your side door due to next car open door toooooo widely.

Enjoy your trip and dont worry too much about TP/Police or theif..as Malacca is quite a safe place.

Quote Originally Posted by yk200 View Post
    bro... as long as you are over 110km/h you are consider speeding, regardless of 111km/h or 140km/h. There is nothing you can justify or give excuse about you trying to overtake. btw nowsaday, TP/police didnt really station at one place to catch you. They drive along with a mobile speed camera.... once they catch you speeding they will hot persuit you will siren and headlight on!! So you ll need to stop and surrender you driving licence. They are not interested with you RM50 or RM100 at all!. However you can still try..but hope that you wont end up being sue another serious offen, "kopi police"..

bro Tantalize, dont need to rent a malaysia car lah.. there are so many sg car in malacca... furthermore if you park at crowded area..then most likely you are safe..just that.. few dents at your side door due to next car open door toooooo widely.

Enjoy your trip and dont worry too much about TP/Police or theif..as Malacca is quite a safe place.
    Haha I am just back from Mlk, it is Jukon who is going. Haha I always rent a car to drive down, have became a habit ady Wow I never know they are so high-tech now Haha thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalize View Post
    Haha I am just back from Mlk, it is Jukon who is going. Haha I always rent a car to drive down, have became a habit ady Wow I never know they are so high-tech now Haha thanks for the advice
    ops... sorry Jukon.. enjoy ur trip then.

yup they are very high-tech now.. they even have evo!! I saw it on the road.. 4 of them!! look super nice with the headlight, siren light! Make me want ot join the police force.... so bro here... dont try to out run the police..they have evo now!

Polis there are not bodoh. No one believe you come in holiday without money. No RM, give S$ lo.... Normally they will stop both Spore and Msia cars. As long as you speed, you promp to kena. No matter which country cars, all speeding cars are their $$$. Just that Spore car are richer cos they might get some S$ or higher kopi price. Moreover not all Polis accept kopi $$$. If you suay suay give kopi $$$ and they are from Bukit Jalil, then you for sure kena 2 tickets. "Beri Rasuah cangkung dalam lokap".

So... to play safe, drive below 110km/hr.
    If you wanna excitement, then drive 180km/hr or faster. Pls take note there will be some protons faster than you at 180km/hr.

And also if you drink don't drive. If you drive, don't drink.

Drive carefully. Enjoy....

unless u drive on midnight.. or 3-4am...less vehicles and maybe no traffic police.. haha i tried for 190kmh until malacca.. and its fun...

upsss anyway, beware of air hitam exit and air keroh exit...police always station their speed trap things there...
    Last edited by orangmuda; 5th June 2009 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orangmuda View Post
    unless u drive on midnight.. or 3-4am...less vehicles and maybe no traffic police.. haha i tried for 190kmh until malacca.. and its fun...

upsss anyway, beware of air hitam exit and air keroh exit...police always station their speed trap things there...
    wah lau 190km/h... please drive slower bro.. tresure your life man. it is not safe to drive that kind of speed on normal highway one minor mistake... you will be sorry... so pls take care.

Hm...speeding, avoid TP, bribery or any sort of violation is not a good advice IMO But then it's very tempting espcially in big & straight NSH

However I seriously urge TS to keep to 110kmh, it seems like he is not very experience in M'sian road....he could easily be intimidated by those crazy drviers....including those Aeroliner coaches

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast