Thread: Nice Eateries/Cafes in Italy to recommend

Default Nice Eateries/Cafes in Italy to recommend

I will be travelling around Italy for about 15 days come mid-June. The places I will be visiting are Milan, Venice, Florence, Siena, Cinque Terre and Rome. Wondering if anyone has any favourite restaurant/eatery/cafe in these cities to recommend?

Looking for some nice, interesting and inexpensive food. Not really going for those renowned restaurants, but rather, some cool off-track joints which offers good food and good shoot (of the place and dishes).

Please share your finds, or I might end up in Mac all the time

Default Re: Nice Eateries/Cafes in Italy to recommend

Quote Originally Posted by Lekech View Post
    I will be travelling around Italy for about 15 days come mid-June. The places I will be visiting are Milan, Venice, Florence, Siena, Cinque Terre and Rome. Wondering if anyone has any favourite restaurant/eatery/cafe in these cities to recommend?

Looking for some nice, interesting and inexpensive food. Not really going for those renowned restaurants, but rather, some cool off-track joints which offers good food and good shoot (of the place and dishes).

In Italy, jsut walk into any neighborhood cafe, their bread, pasta and coffee are nearly always great!

Please dont goto Mac. What a waste of calories.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Just came back from Italy myself. In Milan, check out "Il Mago" (quality pizza and meat dishes for reasonable prices) and "3 Timeout" (slightly more expensive)...

yes, most eateries are pretty alright in italy, i cannot remember a particularly horrible meal

it is just ok, or better than ok

ice cream...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    ice cream...
    gelato ...yummy
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Thanks all for your kind contributions!

If you're really on budget. Visit their local bakeries or supermarket where they sell some varieties to fill your tummy. Fastfoods are more expensive than here. Otherwise, the nice cafes & eateries are almost everywhere.

Venice & Florence or in fact most tourist cities will be very packed & expensive during this peak season!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    gelato ...yummy
    for gelato, rome has 2 very famous gelato place... one of which i think is called gelateria della something.. you can do a search for rome top 10 gelato, should be able to find the answer...

Italy is wonderful if you lost pasta/pizza... just dont go ordering Hawaiian Pizza with pineapples!

You should also buy the hot chocolate on the go... it's literally melted chocolate...! some places have this brand that has more than 20 flavours like rose, almond etc...

there's a couple of restaurant ard the San Marco Square in Venice which are quite reasonable in prices .

I had a set meal which consists of starters , main course , dessert and coffee/tea fer just a mere 12 euros .

haf fun bro .

Thanks bros... will be jetting off this coming monday.

Thanks bros... will be jetting off this coming monday.
    1 more thing

the varperato / water taxi services ends ard 8 pm . but do not be afraid to walk ard along the alleys in venice .

its pretty safe there .

n if u haf a chance to catch the full moon there better catch it . it;s a wonderful sight . n make sure u haf ur tripod wif u .

moon is real big there .

IMHO ...basically Milano will be more expensive city than Roma. Maybe Pizza for the next 15 days! Oh just kiddin!
    A Lost Tourist & His Cheap Plastic Camera Not Aloud!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    for gelato, rome has 2 very famous gelato place... one of which i think is called gelateria della something.. you can do a search for rome top 10 gelato, should be able to find the answer...

Italy is wonderful if you lost pasta/pizza... just dont go ordering Hawaiian Pizza with pineapples!

You should also buy the hot chocolate on the go... it's literally melted chocolate...! some places have this brand that has more than 20 flavours like rose, almond etc...
    check out Il Gelato di San Crispino at Via della Panetteria 42, just 2 min walk away from Fontana di Trevi, or you can read more from my blog entry. have a great time in italy, dun miss out the expressos, they are simply the best!

quality pizzas at most restaurants in milan (4.5 euros and up) can actually be cheaper than macs (6 euros and up for a meal)...
    d850 | a7r3 | I1P | P4P | Videos | Photos | Aerials

For a really good meal, try the Bistecca alla Fiorentina in, erm, Florence. Its actually beef steak, Florence-styled. I had one in Florence (obviously), set me back by about S$70, but it was well worth it. Best beef I've ever had. Can't really recall the restaurant's name, but it could be this one recommended on the lonely planet site: http://m.lonelyplanet.com/destinatio...640/l-activity