Thread: Some E-1 shots from Swissotel

Default Some E-1 shots from Swissotel

Took some shots from Swissotel. Anyone who's interested in the E-1 can check it out on my website. They can be found in the galleries.
    Olympus EM-1, 7-14/2.8, 12-40/2.8, 40-150/2.8, 17/1.8, 25/1.2, 60/2.8

Quote Originally Posted by chongkm
    Took some shots from Swissotel. Anyone who's interested in the E-1 can check it out on my website. They can be found in the galleries.
    Thanks for sharing the pics chongkm. I for one has been wringling my hands over the e1. Couldn't really evaluate much on the noise from the photos though. Night scene but its a tad too dark for me to pick out anything. You're in the wedding business so have you tried high iso on portraits? how's the noise in the shadows?

Love the e1! Had the chance to play with it during the oly forum recently. And i must say it has a really sexy shutter slap. More like a muted rifle (*thutt*) rather than the heavy fat mama's slap. high quality compact solution. And the 14-54 plus 50-200 is all you need for all situations. plus no more back aches lugging so many lens around. Plus, i'm in the mountains in northern thailand often and have not been brave enough to bring my dust magnet up. And when its dusty in the mountains, its really dusty in the mountains. Two lens died up there. Motor failure. Actually, apart for the highly debated noise problem, i am also rather concerned with the zooming barrel of the 14-54. Is the lens well sealed?

the guys at oly handed out a $200 voucher, which brings the kit down to the really attractive price of $3600...

/ponder ponder...

Enjoy NZ. I loved it...

Default E1 pics

Thanks chongkm for sharing the high iso pics, Looks Good.
    Hey Tert, wondering if u got an extra E1 $$$ voucher tucked away?? hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilya
    Thanks chongkm for sharing the high iso pics, Looks Good.
    Hey Tert, wondering if u got an extra E1 $$$ voucher tucked away?? hehe.
    I can pass you mine if you are looking to buy the camera. I don't think i'll be heading in that direction for the time being. But the voucher expires 31 Dec, so you would need to decide fast. PM me if you want the voucher.

Quote Originally Posted by chongkm
    quite curious abt the noise level of the E1...

the dpreview shows otherwise (very noisy)
    Canon 10D/550D /Sigma 17-50mm/Sigma 30mm/Canon 50mm/Sigma 85mm