Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Regarding no photographs please rules

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Regarding no photographs please rules

Hmm, I'm not too sure about that; perhaps you can check it out for us.

The only differentiating factor I know of is "Protected Place" and "Protected Area". At least what I'm reading from the Protected Areas and Protected Places Act.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    IIRC, there is a slight difference, like "protected area" and "prohibited area" or something to that extent... Not sure of the exact provisions, only understand it to prevent people from taking photos OF the place to facilitate tactical decision.

vince123123
    Guests

I've done a quick search on the various orders made in relation to protected places/areas, trying to look for MRT stations being so called "gazetted", but have found none.

The only MRT related areas found gazetted are the MRT depots (bishan, changi, ulu pandan), and the MRT headquarters (operation command centre). Nothing about MRT stations.

And come to think of it, it would be quite weird for MRT stations to be gazetted as protected places, given that vast numbers go in and out and I don't even remember seeing any protected place sign there.

Of course, searches being searches, and given the vast number of orders out there relating to protected places (I see a total of around 200, I didn't bother to read each and every one; relying on the database to search instead.
    Last edited by vince123123; 5th June 2009 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Hmm, I'm not too sure about that; perhaps you can check it out for us.

The only differentiating factor I know of is "Protected Place" and "Protected Area". At least what I'm reading from the Protected Areas and Protected Places Act.
    You are right, it's "Place" and "Area"... I forgot everything liao

"Prohibited area" is used in another area
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

You're right, my error.

It's generally a client requirement (not having other logos in their ads), and not a legal one.

Taking of a photograph of a trade-mark does not infringe trade mark rights in the mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    Do you mean IN shopping centres etc? Cause your sentence implies that I can't take a photo of the exterior of a commercial building, even if I'm shooting from public land, and I seriously doubt that to be true.
    Except for the case of identifiable trademarked logos etc in a photo used for commercial purposes, in which case building mgmt permission wouldn't be enough anyway.

AFAIK / IIRC, there used to be extremely long list of every single areas and buildings in Singapore that was assigned legal protective status (not the one for conservation purposes) under the Protected Areas And Protected Places Act, and with the related latitude and longitude coordinates.

It was a few hundred pages long in a (or multiple) .PDF document. But somehow, it's no longer there. I verbally recalled public beaches as one of them.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 5th June 2009 at 05:14 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

vince123123
    Guests

Yup, and "Place" and "Area" don't seem to have any difference as far as area of effect of no-photography is concerned

You are right, it's "Place" and "Area"... I forgot everything liao

"Prohibited area" is used in another area

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    AFAIK / IIRC, there used to be extremely long list of every single areas and buildings in Singapore that was assigned legal protective status (not the one for conservation purposes) under the Protected Areas And Protected Places Act, and with the related latitude and longitude coordinates.

It was a few hundred pages long in a (or multiple) .PDF document. But somehow, it's no longer there. I verbally recalled public beaches as one of them.
    The document was something similar to the one found here.

Quote Originally Posted by MHA(PS) 12/2/02 TF 1; CP/C/198/39/1 V18; AG/LEG/SL/256/97/1 Vol. 2

... < snipped > ...

Premises declared to be protected place

2. The premises described in the second column of the Schedule are hereby declared to be a protected place for the purposes of the Act, and no person shall be in those premises unless he is in possession of a pass-card or permit issued by the authority specified in the first column of the Schedule or has received the permission of an authorised officer on duty at the premises to enter the premises.

All that area comprised in Lot 2924T MK 7, occupied by ‘‘PIONEER TERMINAL BUILDING AT PIONEER SECTOR 1, SINGAPORE’’ containing an area of about 12,163.7 square metres and bounded approximately as follows: Commencing at the northeastern-most corner of the perimeter fence of the aforesaid ‘‘PIONEER TERMINAL BUILDING AT PIONEER SECTOR 1, SINGAPORE’’ which point is 31,930.4 metres North and 7,928.8 metres East of the Survey Department origin of co-ordinates, the boundaries run along successive lines of fence of bearings and distances as under:

Bearing Distance in metres.

• 133 25' 78.9 (along chain link fence)
    • 133 27' 125.6 (along chain link fence)
    • 224 04' 12.5 (along chain link fence)
    • 313 37' 0.9 (along chain link fence)
    • 223 12' 1.0 (along chain link fence)
    • 134 41' 0.8 (along wall)
    • 223 32' 6.0 (along wall)
    • 315 34' 0.8 (along wall)
    • 228 28' 0.6 (along chain link fence)
    • 223 37' 6.0 (across a gate)
    • 225 26' 1.2 (along chain link fence)
    • 136 21' 0.9 (along chain link fence)
    • 223 44' 19.9 (along chain link fence)
    • 227 40' 12.5 (along chain link fence)
    • 313 22' 99.9 (along chain link fence)
    • 313 31' 101.4 (along chain link fence)
    • 41 18' 25.7 (along chain link fence)
    • 41 55' 26.0 (along chain link fence)
    • 42 03' 2.0 (across a gate)
    • 41 48' 6.1 (along chain link fence)

... < snipped > ...
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 5th June 2009 at 05:35 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

I no follow that list... but for protected areas (assuming MRT stations gazatted cuz they still have the right to search) does it mean they (the staffs) also have the right to tell you to stop taking photos?

"(2) Any person who is in any protected area shall comply with such directions for regulating his movement and conduct as may be given by an authorised officer, and an authorised officer may search any person entering, or seeking to enter, or being in, a protected area, and may detain any such person for the purpose of searching him."

vince123123
    Guests

Yes, you are correct, the list is so long which is why I didn't bother to read every single notification. It is actually spread over 200 different Orders issued by the Minister; and I'm not sure how a single PDF came about; maybe someone went to compile all.

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

vince123123
    Guests

My search as stated in my post above show that MRT stations are not gazetted.

Even if they are, the Section you quoted relates to instances where you are actually IN the protected place; not outside of it taking photogrpahs (which was the point I made earlier).

I no follow that list... but for protected areas (assuming MRT stations gazatted cuz they still have the right to search) does it mean they (the staffs) also have the right to tell you to stop taking photos?

"(2) Any person who is in any protected area shall comply with such directions for regulating his movement and conduct as may be given by an authorised officer, and an authorised officer may search any person entering, or seeking to enter, or being in, a protected area, and may detain any such person for the purpose of searching him."

My search as stated in my post above show that MRT stations are not gazetted.

Even if they are, the Section you quoted relates to instances where you are actually IN the protected place; not outside of it taking photogrpahs (which was the point I made earlier).
    My apologies... my memory is muddled... I was all the while thinking of the wrong reference... the OSA.

vince123123
    Guests

Hahah I see, okay lor

My apologies... my memory is muddled... I was all the while thinking of the wrong reference... the OSA.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234