Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: North Korea - testing Nuclear Bomb & Missiles

Default Re: North Korea - testing Nuclear Bomb & Missiles

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    On the whole a very one-sided article

China could topple the North Korean regime tomorrow if it wanted to-Anne Applebaum
    It's not as if the US or the EU can't either. The key issue is ending any disagreement without provoking aggression.

Besides, most of the article bases its argument on speculative statements that can neither be confirmed nor proven.

China has ambitions to replace the United States as the dominant power in East Asia-Anne Applebaum
    If this were the case, why is China still persisting in buying U.S Treasury bonds?

Basically, most of the article bases its argument on speculative statements that can be neither confirmed nor proven. An interesting read nonetheless.
    I agreed.

There is the direct hot line between the 2 countires. So what do you is it for?

The world cannot survive without US and what to do???? Save US and save us. We just dont have the choice until ....?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I think that Kim's time is up. His health isn't too good anymore and I think he wants to go out with a bang or at least make some noise.
    Men are to be noticed!

He is just diverting the attention .. I think N Korea is having a crisis!

Power struggle!

Quote Originally Posted by smileymiley View Post
    haha. i don't think Nkorea would nuke Skorea cause the radioactivity may spread over to the N as well. i seriously don't see how someone, esp a ruler, can stand by and enjoy each day when his people are suffering every second.
    From now... no sane leader will detonate any of those stuff!

Russia also has the power to stop this, but doesn't

China, russia, North korea

now that's the real axis of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    You are right. N Korea is isolated and its leader behind the scene always.

But who started all these so call nuclear weapon?

A mad general once proposed to bomb China with a curtain of Atomic Bomb.. fortunately the leaders stopped it.
    That general was General MacArthur... He proposed to President Truman, stressing him up and finally Tuman got pissed off, replaced MacArthur with General Ridgway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas...hur#Korean_War

Men are to be noticed!

He is just diverting the attention .. I think N Korea is having a crisis!

Power struggle!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY View Post

...crisis in N Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    That general was General MacArthur... He proposed to President Truman, stressing him up and finally Tuman got pissed off, replaced MacArthur with General Ridgway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas...hur#Korean_War
    Tks for the input.

Great general... at the point in time, he has the most advance weapons with huge fire power both air, sea and land.

He did not expect the 'Chinese human wave attack' which soften the finger of the UN forces(Control by the US) ... he thought nuclear weapon would stop this and I think he was right. However, Truman did not agree to his proposal. If he did, China would be in the war.

They are still testing...and firing the missile!

Tks for the input.

Great general... at the point in time, he has the most advance weapons with huge fire power both air, sea and land.

He did not expect the 'Chinese human wave attack' which soften the finger of the UN forces(Control by the US) ... he thought nuclear weapon would stop this and I think he was right. However, Truman did not agree to his proposal. If he did, China would be in the war.
    Ermmm... I beg to differ...

"20. What is "human wave" tactics?

During battles, western forces were usually incapable of correctly estimating the strength of PVA forces, often times, they greatly exaggerated the number of attacking PVAs, such as taking a PVA regiment as a PVA division. PVA mostly attacked at night, blowing bugles and wistles, shouting thrills, even play "sweet music" to cause psychological stress, the PVA tactics made western forces feel that the enemy was everywhere from every direction. Moreover, PVAs were masters of infiltration, they often sneaked in and attacked directly on command posts, generating shock and chaos. Western combat history always refered PVA attacks as "swarm of Chinese", "human waves", "Chinese hordes", as if PVA simply threw its men into the fire and let itself slaughtered, such a description indicated a great misunderstanding of the PVA tactics. As some military analysts pointed out, PLA rarely use dense formation in their attacks, it seeks to inflict maximum damage with mnimum casualty. At various stages of the Korean war, PVA nevered had a commanding numerical superioty against UN forces, in fact, during the 4th campaign, it was greatly outnumbered by UN (it was always outgunned), yet it could still outmaneuver UN forces and even managed to counter attack at X Corps. PVA could achieve all these with inferior firepower because it had smarter tactics and strategy. ""

Extracted from - http://www.centurychina.com/history/faq4.shtml

Read also - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%...r_Army#Tactics

Note, PVA was called People's Volunteer Army, came up the name by Chairman Mao & Premier Zhou. Chairman Mao said that if China had sent troops by the name of "People's Liberation Army - PLA", the war might escalate to a world war, thus the forming of a new name for PLA.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY View Post

evil or saint they say all winners are saint and losers the devil. I nvr quite believe or buy who is evil or who are good.
    picture perfect

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    Ermmm... I beg to differ...

"20. What is "human wave" tactics?

During battles, western forces were usually incapable of correctly estimating the strength of PVA forces, often times, they greatly exaggerated the number of attacking PVAs, such as taking a PVA regiment as a PVA division. PVA mostly attacked at night, blowing bugles and wistles, shouting thrills, even play "sweet music" to cause psychological stress, the PVA tactics made western forces feel that the enemy was everywhere from every direction. Moreover, PVAs were masters of infiltration, they often sneaked in and attacked directly on command posts, generating shock and chaos. Western combat history always refered PVA attacks as "swarm of Chinese", "human waves", "Chinese hordes", as if PVA simply threw its men into the fire and let itself slaughtered, such a description indicated a great misunderstanding of the PVA tactics. As some military analysts pointed out, PLA rarely use dense formation in their attacks, it seeks to inflict maximum damage with mnimum casualty. At various stages of the Korean war, PVA nevered had a commanding numerical superioty against UN forces, in fact, during the 4th campaign, it was greatly outnumbered by UN (it was always outgunned), yet it could still outmaneuver UN forces and even managed to counter attack at X Corps. PVA could achieve all these with inferior firepower because it had smarter tactics and strategy. ""

Extracted from - http://www.centurychina.com/history/faq4.shtml

Read also - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%...r_Army#Tactics

Note, PVA was called People's Volunteer Army, came up the name by Chairman Mao & Premier Zhou. Chairman Mao said that if China had sent troops by the name of "People's Liberation Army - PLA", the war might escalate to a world war, thus the forming of a new name for PLA.
    Thanks for the input. It clear many of the believes.

"Ren Hai Chan Su" .. is one of the tactics use by the Chinese army.

before it gets off topic again, i'd just say that chances are they wouldn't fire the damn missles anytime soon because they just want to maintain command of N.Korea. All this talk about missle firing is just to show off their prowess and remind the world of its existence (and also to 'beg' for humanitarian aid). Seriously, they have little running for them... Althoug, you've gotta admit, a leader that lets its people starve and die isn't exactly sane, and there's a good chance they might fire their peashooters one fine day

Smile Re: North Korea - testing Nuclear Bomb & Missiles

Peace! No War Please. Peace!
    Under ©onstruction!

Quote Originally Posted by waderbreak View Post
    before it gets off topic again, i'd just say that chances are they wouldn't fire the damn missles anytime soon because they just want to maintain command of N.Korea. All this talk about missle firing is just to show off their prowess and remind the world of its existence (and also to 'beg' for humanitarian aid). Seriously, they have little running for them... Althoug, you've gotta admit, a leader that lets its people starve and die isn't exactly sane, and there's a good chance they might fire their peashooters one fine day
    this is what I have been trying to say all this time but nobody seems to realise or appreciate it.

chicken fight!

Hi guys,

just a 5 cent worth of thoughts from me.

Currently N Korea's leader Kim Jong Il (Outgoing), started to develop nuclear facilities since about 20 years ago, he decided to start this campaign with strong intention which is to pose a threat to others, to intimidate surrounding countries and to warn the big nations that they are not a group of people who will tolerate nonsense.

But they would never have predicted that UN and big nations will set out rules on disarming nuclear, but ego-ed Kim Jong Il can never back out from what he is doing now as it would be a mockery to the entire world on his brainless ruling on the country, army and people, what's worse ? If he changes his mind on nuclear warheads, his entire monarchy will fall, thus making N Korean falling into another chaotic era.

My prediction for the forthcoming future for N Korean : Kim Jong Il will be passing on his leadership baton to his second youngest son (correct me if im wrong), after Kim Jong Il have passed away, the leader will dis-assamble the commuism rooted deeply in N Korea and install to democractic system, making him a heroic icon in N Korea itself and the rest of the world.

Reasoning : To create a friendly image which in ways, contradicting to the past leadership format. So that the world would accept him (N Korea instead) and generously giving aid to rebuild/reconstruct the N Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmycheese View Post
    evil or saint they say all winners are saint and losers the devil. I nvr quite believe or buy who is evil or who are good.
    ... the winner is always the king and the looser the prisoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeathor View Post
    Hi guys,

Currently N Korea's leader Kim Jong Il (Outgoing), started to develop nuclear facilities since about 20 years ago, he decided to start this campaign with strong intention which is to pose a threat to others, to intimidate surrounding countries and to warn the big nations that they are not a group of people who will tolerate nonsense.

But they would never have predicted that UN and big nations will set out rules on disarming nuclear, but ego-ed Kim Jong Il can never back out from what he is doing now as it would be a mockery to the entire world on his brainless ruling on the country, army and people, what's worse ? If he changes his mind on nuclear warheads, his entire monarchy will fall, thus making N Korean falling into another chaotic era.

My prediction for the forthcoming future for N Korean : Kim Jong Il will be passing on his leadership baton to his second youngest son (correct me if im wrong), after Kim Jong Il have passed away, the leader will dis-assamble the commuism rooted deeply in N Korea and install to democractic system, making him a heroic icon in N Korea itself and the rest of the world.

Reasoning : To create a friendly image which in ways, contradicting to the past leadership format. So that the world would accept him (N Korea instead) and generously giving aid to rebuild/reconstruct the N Korea.
    It is everybody guess ..who will take over?

Hear say... his youngest son?

Do you believe in speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeathor View Post
    Hi guys,

Set the pace for his successor.. I would agree on this. It happened very often. A change in leadership change a country foreign policy. At times they are intentional!

Quote Originally Posted by yao86 View Post
    Peace! No War Please. Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    this is what I have been trying to say all this time but nobody seems to realise or appreciate it.

They are only speculation. Nobody knows exactly what is happening in N Korea.

The only thing I think is there will be a change in leadership.. a matter of time..as people never live forever! Noboby can hold on to the power forever as he or she will die one day.

It is everybody guess ..who will take over?

Hear say... his youngest son?

Do you believe in speculation?
    Yup, on a personal basis, i do believe in it. Its a known fact that N Korea is a Communist country, a conservative society. Therefore i would think that passing on their power/authority to their own family members are highly likeable.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast