Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192427282930313439 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 993

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

  1. #561
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    haha but its second hand my dear.

    now can someone tell me what is the most essential thing to check tomorrow? i suck at inspecting goods. wah i think after this, i'll just shut my mouth and urges to stop buying things until ORD haha.
    oh haha...
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  2. #562

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    haha but its second hand my dear.

    now can someone tell me what is the most essential thing to check tomorrow? i suck at inspecting goods. wah i think after this, i'll just shut my mouth and urges to stop buying things until ORD haha.
    Fungus
    I am stuck in an expensive hobby, but yet not willing to save myself

  3. #563

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    yay reserved 310 bucks, 10 months warranty, good deal anot? now i need to teach myself how to check for lens condition tomorrow
    fyi

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311048

  4. #564
    Member ramian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    I've bought 2 2nd hand lenses already and these are the things I looked out for.

    1) Check for fungus/big dust bunnies on the inner sides of the lens. Hold lens up to bright light at an angle. Also, zoom in and out to ensure nothing hiding between the inner tubes. Bring your blower with you to get rid of dust on outside so that you don't mistake it for dust on the inside. If inside the lens got a bit of dust, shouldn't matter I think.
    2) Check for scratches on rear and front element.
    3) Make sure metal contacts are not too worn down (not too many scratches).
    4) Make sure zoom/focus rings not too tight/loose and can turn smoothly without getting stuck.
    5) Mount lens on camera. Ensure not too tight or loose.
    6) Do auto-focus test using focus test chart/text on lens box/batteries. Minimum focusing distance for 55-250 is quite far (about 1m plus I think) so don't be surprised if cannot AF on near objects.
    7) Make sure IS is working. For 55-250, can feel and hear IS when it is on. Will have a slight jerk when in use. It is normal.
    8) While 55-250 has no lens creep, I don't know about Sigma 70-300. Please check that too.
    9) Take some high-contrast shots into bright light and check for CA. At the tele-end of the 55-250, there will be some slight CA, but nothing too serious.
    10) Take picture(s) at multiple focal lengths using apertures from max to around f/11 or so. Just to make sure that can change aperture properly.
    11) Make sure the seller provides correct receipt and warranty card.

    Can't think of anything else I did. Anyone got anything else to add?
    Last edited by ramian; 5th June 2009 at 11:24 AM.

  5. #565

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by ramian View Post
    I've bought 2 2nd hand lenses already and these are the things I looked out for.

    1) Check for fungus/big dust bunnies on the inner sides of the lens. Hold lens up to bright light at an angle. Also, zoom in and out to ensure nothing hiding between the inner tubes. Bring your blower with you to get rid of dust on outside so that you don't mistake it for dust on the inside. If inside the lens got a bit of dust, shouldn't matter I think.
    2) Check for scratches on rear and front element.
    3) Make sure metal contacts are not too worn down (not too many scratches).
    4) Make sure zoom/focus rings not too tight/loose and can turn smoothly without getting stuck.
    5) Mount lens on camera. Ensure not too tight or loose.
    6) Do auto-focus test using focus test chart/text on lens box/batteries. Minimum focusing distance for 55-250 is quite far (about 1m plus I think) so don't be surprised if cannot AF on near objects.
    7) Make sure IS is working. For 55-250, can feel and hear IS when it is on. Will have a slight jerk when in use. It is normal.
    8) While 55-250 has no lens creep, I don't know about Sigma 70-300. Please check that too.
    9) Take some high-contrast shots into bright light and check for CA. At the tele-end of the 55-250, there will be some slight CA, but nothing too serious.
    10) Take picture(s) at multiple focal lengths using apertures from max to around f/11 or so. Just to make sure that can change aperture properly.
    11) Make sure the seller provides correct receipt and warranty card.

    Can't think of anything else I did. Anyone got anything else to add?
    For point no 9, I guess that's optional. To test for the aperture blades, set to Av mode. Press and hold DOF preview button while you turn the dial to increase aperture.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  6. #566
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    thanks ramian. i will scribble that somewhere. haha ! so excited.

    Anyways, your CPL do you use for the lens? I heard its hard since the focusing isat the front end.
    Secondly, do you think if i attach my raynox lens infront of it, would it have any impact on the macro?

  7. #567
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    thanks ramian. i will scribble that somewhere. haha ! so excited.

    Anyways, your CPL do you use for the lens? I heard its hard since the focusing isat the front end.
    Secondly, do you think if i attach my raynox lens infront of it, would it have any impact on the macro?
    Still can use CPL. Wait until the focusing ring stop then turn the CPL. I am doing that to my kit and 55-250.

  8. #568
    Member ramian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    Secondly, do you think if i attach my raynox lens infront of it, would it have any impact on the macro?
    I don't know if a rotating front part will have any effect when a raynox is attached. Have you tried on your kit lens? There's a 1000D user named Draken(something) who shoots with a raynox. Can ask him also.

  9. #569

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Velsaco,

    $300 bucks for the lens, is that brand new?
    which shop, where? i wanna buy a longer zoom.... mine kit lens, quite sian...

  10. #570

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by PaT View Post
    Velsaco,

    $300 bucks for the lens, is that brand new?
    which shop, where? i wanna buy a longer zoom.... mine kit lens, quite sian...
    his is 2nd hand

  11. #571
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by PaT View Post
    Velsaco,

    $300 bucks for the lens, is that brand new?
    which shop, where? i wanna buy a longer zoom.... mine kit lens, quite sian...
    There's a lot of longer zoom lenses out there.

    Which one you are looking for?

  12. #572

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    but i guess the 55-250 is the best value for $ bah. unless of course budget is not of concern, can go for 70-200 (f/4 or f/2.8), 100-400, and of course the third party brands too~ too many la~
    Licence to shoot.

  13. #573

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    but i guess the 55-250 is the best value for $ bah. unless of course budget is not of concern, can go for 70-200 (f/4 or f/2.8), 100-400, and of course the third party brands too~ too many la~
    Bigma.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  14. #574
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by ramian View Post
    I don't know if a rotating front part will have any effect when a raynox is attached. Have you tried on your kit lens? There's a 1000D user named Draken(something) who shoots with a raynox. Can ask him also.
    I have always been shooting with my kit lens with raynox attach but i have to be pretty close to subject. With the zoom lens, i suppose we can stand metres away? That'll be spiffy, nvm tomorrow i test shots hehe.

    btw , do you guys even care about the picture style functions?

  15. #575
    Member ramian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    I have always been shooting with my kit lens with raynox attach but i have to be pretty close to subject. With the zoom lens, i suppose we can stand metres away? That'll be spiffy, nvm tomorrow i test shots hehe.
    Minimum focusing distance is reduced with a close-up filter. For kit lens, it is already around 45cm (?) so with raynox attached, it gets reduced even more. For 55-250, minimum focusing distance is more than 1m, so you should have considerably more working distance when you use it with the raynox.

  16. #576
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Guys...pls do rem abt molo trip hor..

    anyone wanna go just add on to the list.

    Theme: Recce trip for TFCD (actual TFCD on 21Jun, ppl interested…PM me ur name)

    Date: 6 June 2009

    Meeting Place/Time: Clement MRT @ 2pm Sharp..

    Location: 1) Old railway track 2) Haw Paw villa

    Participants:
    1) Jimmy
    2) Ryan
    3) Raylen
    4) Joshua
    5) Ramian

  17. #577
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    I have always been shooting with my kit lens with raynox attach but i have to be pretty close to subject. With the zoom lens, i suppose we can stand metres away? That'll be spiffy, nvm tomorrow i test shots hehe.

    btw , do you guys even care about the picture style functions?
    i think, if u are really serious abt doin macro..u shld get a macro lens..

    BBB kick in liao...

  18. #578
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    I will be late hor. Need to drop by CRC to rent equipment 1st.

    Paiseh ah..

    Btw, at Haw Par Villa, entry to the 10 courts of Hell need to pay $1.
    Last edited by RyanG; 5th June 2009 at 04:12 PM.

  19. #579
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    i think, if u are really serious abt doin macro..u shld get a macro lens..

    BBB kick in liao...
    Yeah.

  20. #580
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Yeah.
    save up abit more and get either tammy 90mm or canon 100mm..

    can use for both macro and portrait...swee n sharp..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •