Thread: Philips 240PW9EB/69 users - Feedback needed

Default Philips 240PW9EB/69 users - Feedback needed

Hi ...

I'm very keen to get this model; seems to me it's the cheapest 24 inch IPS monitor around.

What's your feedback? Are they any other models which I should also consider?

TIA!
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 31st May 2009 at 09:31 PM.

Default Re: Philips 240PW9EB/69 users - Feedback needed

I've been using it for near 9 months, and it's fantastic. Colors are brilliant and accurate, price is reasonable, and it's 1920x1200, not the 1920x1080 monitors in the market. Can't complain much other than the lack of inputs, but then again it's not really a gaming monitor.

I have seen a sample at Fuwell once. A first glance, looks pretty good but my eagle-eye caught upon me. There is a slight purplish tint on the blacks if you view it at a certain angle. There seems to be a slight brownish/yellow tint on the corners when displaying white. All this seems to remind me a lot about my 24" iMac which also suffers the same problem. Too bad I can't really check on the backlight bleeding because the store was well lit. Color wise, fantastic. I must say H-IPS panels really live up to its name. All other adjustments are adequate. No HDMI and very few inputs.

Other than that, I think my Dell 2409wfp is good enough for me though I wish I had a 30" screen at home instead.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I have seen a sample at Fuwell once. A first glance, looks pretty good but my eagle-eye caught upon me. There is a slight purplish tint on the blacks if you view it at a certain angle. There seems to be a slight brownish/yellow tint on the corners when displaying white. All this seems to remind me a lot about my 24" iMac which also suffers the same problem. Too bad I can't really check on the backlight bleeding because the store was well lit. Color wise, fantastic. I must say H-IPS panels really live up to its name. All other adjustments are adequate. No HDMI and very few inputs.

Other than that, I think my Dell 2409wfp is good enough for me though I wish I had a 30" screen at home instead.
    yup... not good for gaming too...

but i'd say, good for 3D work and rendering.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.