Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laptop for photoshop use

Default Re: laptop for photoshop use

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilia View Post
    Just wondering...

For CS3, is there a separate Apple or Windows version? I'm currently using Win, but if I change to a MacBook, can the Win version work there?

Sorrie 4 the noob question! Tnx!
    Yes u need a mac version.

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    Aperture does real time adjustments on the fly and needs the horse power of a dedicated video card (such as the one in your mac book pro versus integrated graphics).
    oh i see.. thanks for sharing... haha well i'll definitely go for a dedicted gpu rather than an onboard one...

Quote Originally Posted by litechaser View Post
    Hi ,

am thinking of getting a laptop for my photoshop and internet usage but dunno what specs is req'd. Is a simple dual core , 2G Ram and 256mb graphic card enough or do I need a core 2 duo ? Does the OS being Vista Home basic or Home premium important ? The SLS pple seem to say that the graphic card is a must have for photoshop, even more important than the CPU being core 2 duo or not ...true ? Also, is Acer OK ? thinking of getting this brand with 3 yr wrty...TIA
    i used 2 acer... both fail me on the keypad.. it is so hard to type after 1 yr of usage... 3yr warranty is impt... my thinkpad T43 mother board burned after 2 yrs...
    life is but a dream...

hi,

Heard from a fren that CS 4 needs Vista Home Premium to run. Home Basic cannot make it. True ?

Quote Originally Posted by litechaser View Post
    hi,

Heard from a fren that CS 4 needs Vista Home Premium to run. Home Basic cannot make it. True ?

From adobe's website, http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...?promoid=DRHXB

Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista)

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilia View Post
    Just wondering...

For CS3, is there a separate Apple or Windows version? I'm currently using Win, but if I change to a MacBook, can the Win version work there?

Sorrie 4 the noob question! Tnx!
    If u already have the win version and wanna change to using a mac If u r unable to get a replacement to mac version u can configure yr hard disk on mac there is something call ''Boot Camp'' u can partition yr drive to run windows as well So u have best of both world both windows and mac.....

That is so nice of you. but problem is that. The reselution of screen not fits correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12