Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Attn: Ladies Photographers!!

Deregistered

Enjoy yourself, ladies, at your outing.

Deregistered

Mods, maybe it is a good idea to remove the kajiao talk off the thread.

Ladies, I think it is a good idea for you to meet up first, if not at seed, perhaps at a seperate outing.

And have fun. Don't let all the kajiao spolit it.

Hey gals,

Wait for me ... Me Also very interested in this Gathering !! Thanks Dolphin for organising

shucks I'm working this sat!!

hi dolphin,

i think we shd all heed the advice of our seniors here. let's attend SEED first and we'll see how it goes from there ok?

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin
    Wow!! Thanks for the response
    Do keep each other in the loop so we can organise a shooting soon!

um... ESPN.. u are a lady??
    No he's a buaya.......... croc!

uhm.. you ladies might wanna do it in pm.... else you might see the whole of CS waiting there at your meeting place.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Myst
    uhm.. you ladies might wanna do it in pm.... else you might see the whole of CS waiting there at your meeting place.... lol

Default hey relaxxxx....

was thinking there's nothing wrong with having a ladies SEED together with the male clubsnappers. Afterall, we can all be friends - both male and female. Just don't treat the females like helpless dollies and cut out all the crap and 'raging hormones' comments, that will be much appreciated. I am sure we can all co-exist in the photography community if there is mutual respect for each other.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by swimcraze
    was thinking there's nothing wrong with having a ladies SEED together with the male clubsnappers. Afterall, we can all be friends - both male and female. Just don't treat the females like helpless dollies and cut out all the crap and 'raging hormones' comments, that will be much appreciated. I am sure we can all co-exist in the photography community if there is mutual respect for each other.

thank you.
    well said swimcraze!

that is the problem here! most people often have the perception that photography is more for males rather than females. which is why people tend to raise their eyebrows when they see girls running around with heavy camera equipment. the fact that guys are more technically knowledgeable doesn't make us ladies fall short of being good photographers right? what else can i say? this is a sexist & male-dominated world which puts us in a disadvantage!

Quote Originally Posted by Myst
    u watching and reading the thread too?????

Quote Originally Posted by vivientan
    the fact that guys are more technically knowledgeable
    is this a fact? i didn't know that...........

Default dear vivien....

well said swimcraze!

that is the problem here! most people often have the perception that photography is more for males rather than females. which is why people tend to raise their eyebrows when they see girls running around with heavy camera equipment. the fact that guys are more technically knowledgeable doesn't make us ladies fall short of being good photographers right? what else can i say? this is a sexist & male-dominated world which puts us in a disadvantage!
    dear vivien.....remember there is going to be a ladies group?? well...the situation can change in our little world Personally feel that photography is all about how sensitive you are to the world around you, your perception of it and how to capture and communicate it via photos (using p & s camera, digital or manual cam - of which ever brand or make)....it is all very subjective...i am sure the females can offer a different perspective to a male-dominated photography world. Nothing to feel that we are 'disadvantaged' in anyway at all. So no worries

There is this HK female amatuer photographer whose works are pretty interesting. She even has her own forums, organise outings for the rest etc, like a mini CS!

www.kakasite.com

the fact that guys are more technically knowledgeable doesn't make us ladies fall short of being good photographers right? what else can i say? this is a sexist & male-dominated world which puts us in a disadvantage!
    Not necessary, there are always vice versa. And being technically knwledgeable doesn't automatically make one a good photographer. It's always practice, practice and practice that makes a better photographer, regardless of gender.

It's true that the photographic world is more male-dominated. But don't lose heart, I'm sure with perserverance, one can beat any odds.

vivientan: this is a sexist & male-dominated world which puts us in a disadvantage!

In today's (24 Nov 2003) STREATS, Page 16, Conrad Raj talks about men being disadvantaged!

I believe that groups of people with similar interest should be encouraged to meet, be it man-woman, old-young, nature-studio, digital-film, etc.

My wife takes pretty good photos with point-and-shoot or SLR, I'm proud of her! She can even tell me how and what to shoot, and I provide the technical know-how. So if that's the case, who is the photographer?

All the best for your outing, ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    It's true that the photographic world is more male-dominated. But don't lose heart, I'm sure with perserverance, one can beat any odds.
    Because photography is a simple art to imitate, easy to be a wannabe, and has enough tech to appeal to the gearheads with delusions of granduer.

As such, I normally prefer interacting female photogs, simply because it's usually a good break from equipment wankerism, and that a discussion on style (no matter how much I disgree with) is a far more productive one.

Quote Originally Posted by YSLee
    Because photography is a simple art to imitate, easy to be a wannabe, and has enough tech to appeal to the gearheads with delusions of granduer.

As such, I normally prefer interacting female photogs, simply because it's usually a good break from equipment wankerism, and that a discussion on style (no matter how much I disgree with) is a far more productive one.
    well said.

IMHO, technique will always outshoot equipment.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    Not necessary, there are always vice versa. And being technically knwledgeable doesn't automatically make one a good photographer. It's always practice, practice and practice that makes a better photographer, regardless of gender.

I agree..... it's the eye for detail and imagination that makes one good...... which I am sadly lacking...... cos still trying to grapple with some basic technical knowhow.......

Anyway, I would really like to see the work of ladies... they really look at different things from guys....... refreshing u know...... do post galleries ladies... I know it's a pain to set up a gallery if u are not on digital

Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    u watching and reading the thread too?????

uhm.. i anything interesting also read 1. :P i born KPO.... lol

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast