Thread: Photoshop CS 4 issues

Default Photoshop CS 4 issues

Hi people,

I recently bought my CS 4 suite and to my dismay, I am unable to use the photoshop programme even after re-installing it 3 times. Somehow I am able to use all other programmes such as Flash, acrobat, illustrator etc. just not photoshop

i searched for answers and found some methods on adobe forum. However, even after trying their solutions (such as deleting preferences manually and by the ctrl alt shift method, as well as to disable my anti-virus while loading), my photoshop refuse to start. it still hangs at "reading preferences"

Does anyone have any other solution to offer? I would greatly appreciate any form of help. Thanks

Default Re: Photoshop CS 4 issues

Did you purchase the CS4 as a bundle software ?

Else try to select installing the software using custom and select just the CS4 alone and try again.

HTH
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Just bought mine, no problem. I did not install everything in it, only install Acrobat, PS and Bridge. So far so good.

I have similar problem when I upgraded my CS3 to CS4, I found out it was cause by incomplete uninstallation of CS3. After that, I uninstall both CS3 and CS4 using Revo unistaller and it works.
    Last edited by jtsky; 30th May 2009 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG View Post
    Did you purchase the CS4 as a bundle software ?

Else try to select installing the software using custom and select just the CS4 alone and try again.

HTH
    i purchased the whole cs 4 suite. i tried reinstalling photoshop alone and it didnt work for me..

Quote Originally Posted by jtsky View Post
    I have similar problem when I upgraded my CS3 to CS4, I found out it was cause by incomplete uninstallation of CS3. After that, I uninstall both CS3 and CS4 using Revo unistaller and it works.
    i was wondering if it was due to my adobe LR 2.. haha. i will try your method soon (:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberian View Post
    Just bought mine, no problem. I did not install everything in it, only install Acrobat, PS and Bridge. So far so good.
    i only installed bridge, acrobat, flash, fireworks, illustrator and ps. all work except ps. haha.

i had this problem too. i ensured that it was a clean installation of cs4, installation was fine. when i run it, everything seems ok until the point where photoshop itself is going to start, a dialog box saying 'scratch file not found'. google but unable to find solutions to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtsky View Post
    tried your method......... didnt work for me

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post
    i had this problem too. i ensured that it was a clean installation of cs4, installation was fine. when i run it, everything seems ok until the point where photoshop itself is going to start, a dialog box saying 'scratch file not found'. google but unable to find solutions to it.
    mine is different from urs.. mine just hangs at preferences.

and the weird thing is my dad tried installing on his laptop and it works fine!!!!