Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

  1. #1

    Default Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    hey guys i need help from you guys. do you guys got any idea how much is the trip from singapore to KL cost? or Johor to KL cost? i just need a budget airline. if you guys know please do tell me . i search the internet but dunno y cannot find the cheapest one where some of my friends get cheap deals. hope u guys can help me out here haha thnx guys!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    308

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    those cheap ticket...say air asia, only got limited seats, so need to book on line months earlier. by air is always no so cheap, taxi from the klia to kl town cost min. rm80+/trip.

    if u have budget issue, i suggest u take train - night train 10pm - with bed, get a good sleep & wake up in kl. sing-kl s$ 40+, kl-sing rm40+. cheap enough & safer then bus.

  3. #3
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    Its only about 50 all inclusive, i believe tiger and airasia are having promotions
    you can always fly from johor to KL, way cheaper, i last checked was around RM50 for the domestic flights

  4. #4

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    Its only about 50 all inclusive, i believe tiger and airasia are having promotions
    you can always fly from johor to KL, way cheaper, i last checked was around RM50 for the domestic flights
    hey bro u got any links i can see to know the price and the timing of the flight from johor to kl?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by castarito View Post
    hey guys i need help from you guys. do you guys got any idea how much is the trip from singapore to KL cost? or Johor to KL cost? i just need a budget airline. if you guys know please do tell me . i search the internet but dunno y cannot find the cheapest one where some of my friends get cheap deals. hope u guys can help me out here haha thnx guys!
    Hi, I travelled last Dec on AirAsia (KL-SIN) SGD$30+, inclusive of the ferry coach (booked online @ RM$5) from KL Sentral station to LCCT.

    My 2nd travel this month via Tiger Airways cost me SGD$60 (2-way, without check-in luggage). And the coach fare to/fro KL Sentral station to LCCT costs RM$8/trip. Cheaper than most 26-seater coaches.

    However, the cheapest way (I think) is to take bus 170 to Larkin Bus terminal, get a KL-bound coach ticket there (RM$50+ or cheaper). [not recommended, very tedious.]

    Happy travelling.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,792

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    If you are not fixed on flying, then there are many coach options to KL. Stops at many places. Fares range from S$45/= down to about $30/- one way. Takes about 5 hours and beats going to JB for a flight.

    Happy travelling.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    If you are not fixed on flying, then there are many coach options to KL. Stops at many places. Fares range from S$45/= down to about $30/- one way. Takes about 5 hours and beats going to JB for a flight.

    Happy travelling.
    Yup, somehow agree on this. Because taking coach (bus) will direct you straight into the town, whereas the flight touch down in the Sepang Airport, far away from the town and need to take either bus or taxi to town.

    Check the airasia website, you will get loads of info on the timing of flight.

    Airasia offer a bus ride connect from the budget airport to KL Sentral (a KTM train / LRT interchange), takes about 1 hour, and cost about RM10 one way.

  8. #8
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    i always travel by https://www.aeroline.com.sg/ for work to KL.
    it will take about 5 hrs and stop at corus hotel, near to KLCC.
    Last edited by zaxh81; 30th May 2009 at 07:17 PM.


  9. #9

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    A second vote for aeroline bus.... typically <5hrs door to door (provided don't try to cross the border on public hol / eve of pub hol)...leaves from Harbour Front arrives just by KLCC... LCCT/KLIA is 1+ hr from KL town so overall journey times about the same when factor in travel to airports, check-ins, waiting to board etc with a lot less hassles.
    From 1-July Firefly is operating to SG from Subang Airport (RM88). Jetstar goes from KLIA, AirAsia from LCCT. Both Airports next to each other but KLIA easily connected to the train to Sentral station; LCCT by bus.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapChappy View Post
    A second vote for aeroline bus.... typically <5hrs door to door (provided don't try to cross the border on public hol / eve of pub hol)...leaves from Harbour Front arrives just by KLCC... LCCT/KLIA is 1+ hr from KL town so overall journey times about the same when factor in travel to airports, check-ins, waiting to board etc with a lot less hassles.
    From 1-July Firefly is operating to SG from Subang Airport (RM88). Jetstar goes from KLIA, AirAsia from LCCT. Both Airports next to each other but KLIA easily connected to the train to Sentral station; LCCT by bus.
    For the firefly, better check with those who have tried the airline recently. From my experienced, my friend and my sister, all get delayed by this airline and eventually they canceled the flight.... But that was almost 1.5 yrs ago, when they just started their business....

  11. #11

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    For the firefly, better check with those who have tried the airline recently. From my experienced, my friend and my sister, all get delayed by this airline and eventually they canceled the flight.... But that was almost 1.5 yrs ago, when they just started their business....
    Agree; i have a bad experience with Fireflyz, last year they canceled the flight without any notice or any announcement on their website, also never contact me either by phone or email, luckily i've bad habit to check the airfares even after i've bought air tickets.....i've made complaint but they have no any reaction at all.....end up i've to pay more to buy other airlines air ticket

  12. #12

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    I'm Malaysian, based in KL, but have travelled a LOT to JB and Singapore, and probably the most unsatisfying and expensive propition, time-wise and money-wise, is doing the trip in either direction by air - contrary to what you might think, it does NOT really save time.
    The one-hour bus ride from/to LCCT or KLIA itself is laden with irritation, cheap as it might be (approx RM10 only) - figure in an extra 15 minutes to 30 minutes' waiting in less-than-comfortable surroundings, and suddenly air travel doesn't sound so "fast" any more.

    For best comfort and adherence to a schedule, take First Coach (from Novena Sq) or Aeroline, or even Causeway Link (Jurong East). Please note, do NOT consider any other lines, as reliability and safety are not priorities with them! You will arrive at your destination well-rested and cool 5 hours later, give or take 15 minutes.

    If you're doing the bus trip from JB, use ONLY Causeway Link, and none of any of the other fancy-named lines AND BUY YOUR TICKET ONLY FROM THE Causeway Link COUNTER AT LARKIN BUS TERMINAL (not far from the McD's there). Ignore the "helpful" touts you will meet at every corner in the complex!

    Train?! Forget it - it's noisy and less comfortable than the bus, and you likely will not get "a good night's sleep" in your 10pm - 7:30am trip, only to be assaulted by cut-throat taxi drivers as soon as you alight!! And believe me, they treat Malaysians every bit as badly as they would treat a Singaporean!!! Ha, ha, ha!

    Good luck, and have a nice, pleasant journey.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by castarito View Post
    hey guys i need help from you guys. do you guys got any idea how much is the trip from singapore to KL cost? or Johor to KL cost? i just need a budget airline. if you guys know please do tell me . i search the internet but dunno y cannot find the cheapest one where some of my friends get cheap deals. hope u guys can help me out here haha thnx guys!
    Check this site http://www.myexpressbus.com/

    Happy Holidays

  14. #14

    Default Re: Help on Kuala Lumpur Trip

    I second that although Aeroline buses are getting old. A newer option would be Odyssey which departs from Orchid Copthorne and arrives in Jln Ampang (KLCC) and Mont Kiara. They even offer wi-fi connection on the bus but the reception is not consistent.

    Quote Originally Posted by nofocus View Post
    I'm Malaysian, based in KL, but have travelled a LOT to JB and Singapore, and probably the most unsatisfying and expensive propition, time-wise and money-wise, is doing the trip in either direction by air - contrary to what you might think, it does NOT really save time.
    The one-hour bus ride from/to LCCT or KLIA itself is laden with irritation, cheap as it might be (approx RM10 only) - figure in an extra 15 minutes to 30 minutes' waiting in less-than-comfortable surroundings, and suddenly air travel doesn't sound so "fast" any more.

    For best comfort and adherence to a schedule, take First Coach (from Novena Sq) or Aeroline, or even Causeway Link (Jurong East). Please note, do NOT consider any other lines, as reliability and safety are not priorities with them! You will arrive at your destination well-rested and cool 5 hours later, give or take 15 minutes.

    If you're doing the bus trip from JB, use ONLY Causeway Link, and none of any of the other fancy-named lines AND BUY YOUR TICKET ONLY FROM THE Causeway Link COUNTER AT LARKIN BUS TERMINAL (not far from the McD's there). Ignore the "helpful" touts you will meet at every corner in the complex!

    Train?! Forget it - it's noisy and less comfortable than the bus, and you likely will not get "a good night's sleep" in your 10pm - 7:30am trip, only to be assaulted by cut-throat taxi drivers as soon as you alight!! And believe me, they treat Malaysians every bit as badly as they would treat a Singaporean!!! Ha, ha, ha!

    Good luck, and have a nice, pleasant journey.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •