Thread: Mark Hughes

Default Mark Hughes

Any idea what lense, focal length, aperture, ISO is being used for this?

Default Re: Mark Hughes

Looks like it is taken with one of the supertelephoto lenses wide open (400/2.8 at 2.8 seems the most likely choice) - since sports photographers at the sidelines usually have the 300 or 400/2.8 with them (+ maybe 70-200 and a 1.4x TC). No idea about shutter and ISO though.
    5D Mk II | TS-E 17L | 17-40L | 24-105L IS | 35L | 85L | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 100L Macro | 580EX II

Mark hughes really stand out from the crowd. I am just wondering if this is something archievable by f4.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Mark hughes really stand out from the crowd. I am just wondering if this is something archievable by f4.
    Possible, with a long enough lens. With a 400mm f/2.8 at f/4, I think that is still highly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Any idea what lense, focal length, aperture, ISO is being used for this?

make a hard copy of this picture, bring it to the camera shop, and let the sales person know that you intend to buy a lens that can produce similar result, most probably they can let you test a few range instantly. Afterall, digital can see result there and then and deal closed when you find the right choice.